The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vault Release #7 - Soldier Field '95
PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 1:07 pm 
Stone's Bitch

B wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
B wrote:
Today's newsletter was pretty lame, but I guess I'd rather get them like clockwork on the 10th, even if there's nothing big to announce.

You'd rather get regularly scheduled junk mail than something worthwhile on a less predictable schedule?

And wouldn't anything of substance in a newsletter pretty much immediately leak to the internet anyway?

PJ fans are wack.

I still haven't gotten over the unexplained disappearance of the call in show on SiriusXM. That newsletter on the 10th, is like a pulse check for me. I haven't heard from the band. Maybe they're dead. Oh, no, ok, they're still there.

I don't really consider a monthly e-mail from my favorite band "junk mail."

Regardless, we can all agree: BRING BACK THE RUMOR PIT!!

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 1:09 pm 
tl;dr

I have been unnecessarily combative and aggro lately. I blame the nu metal tournament. Sorry, B.

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 2:49 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

didn't they end the call in show because of nerds calling up dissin the band about playing too fast and all that?

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 1:36 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

WtOB? wrote:
didn't they end the call in show because of nerds calling up dissin the band about playing too fast and all that?

That is a guess. No one knows. It just disappeared.

I can't imagine they scrapped the whole show because a caller told Matt that he drummed too fast. Can you imagine a drummer for two of the biggest rock bands in decades being that big of a pussy?

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 1:39 pm 
Stone's Bitch

B wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

I can't imagine they scrapped the whole show because a caller told Matt that he drummed too fast. Can you imagine a drummer for two of the biggest rock bands in decades being that big of a pussy?

Imagine being a world class musician and having to schlep in for some dumbass radio show with some guy that calls himself "The Rob" and then being subjected to "the worst Pearl Jam fan you know" calling in to talk shit about your drumming style. The definition of "I'm too old for this shit."

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 2:48 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

evenslow wrote:
B wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

Imagine being a world class musician and having to schlep in for some dumbass radio show with some guy that calls himself "The Rob" and then being subjected to "the worst Pearl Jam fan you know" calling in to talk shit about your drumming style. The definition of "I'm too old for this shit."

I'm not saying Matt had to come back on the show. That show was good even when there were no band members there.

But still, "Heh. Well, I'll make sure your name goes into the hat when Pearl Jam fires me." was the proper response.

PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 4:00 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

evenslow wrote:
B wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

Everything about this description makes me want to never listen to Pearl Jam again

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 6:47 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

pretty sure jeff alluded to that being the case when asked why the band stopped going on the show.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 6:52 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

i remember "the rob" making the whole thing worse, when matt said something like 'well i don't hear any complaints from where i'm sitting' or something, "the rob" responded with 'well you obviously don't read the boards then, you're a smart man.' lol what a guy.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 12:57 pm 
Stone's Bitch

WtOB? wrote:
i remember "the rob" making the whole thing worse, when matt said something like 'well i don't hear any complaints from where i'm sitting' or something, "the rob" responded with 'well you obviously don't read the boards then, you're a smart man.' lol what a guy.

The band should have had an official ceremony at PJHQ after this in which they permanently took away the "The" from Rob.

PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 12:57 pm 
Stone's Bitch

PostPosted: Tue July 17, 2018 7:16 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

still wondering when they're going to announce this. I'm guessing it'll be a No Code show since that's the only tour they've yet to release an official boot from. I could see them releasing Randall's Island or San Sebastian, since Smile from that show was on an xmas single.

PostPosted: Tue July 17, 2018 7:28 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Probably the Berlin show since it was broadcast on radio and any bootlegger could make a decent pressing of it

PostPosted: Tue July 17, 2018 7:48 pm 
Future Drummer

bodysnatcher wrote:
Probably the Berlin show since it was broadcast on radio and any bootlegger could make a decent pressing of it
And that has the added feature of not needing to mix the album. Just do a pressing of the first bootleg they find.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 12:39 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Oh, I really hope not….

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 1:21 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

So far, the quality of these vault releases have been excellent. Yeah, they've picked some shows that have FM-sourced bootlegs out there (at least the last one), but they do a nice job putting a quality mix out there. I have faith.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:42 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Simple Torture wrote:
So far, the quality of these vault releases have been excellent. Yeah, they've picked some shows that have FM-sourced bootlegs out there (at least the last one), but they do a nice job putting a quality mix out there. I have faith.

would you say you're full of faith?

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 11:17 pm 
Future Drummer

bodysnatcher wrote:

Berlin was released as a professional promo. None of the vault releases so far fall into that category.

I'm sure a lot more shows were multi-tracked besides San Sebastian and Berlin.

PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 12:26 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

dad wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

would you say you're full of faith?

Dad joke

PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 12:28 am 
The Master

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Berlin was released as a professional promo. None of the vault releases so far fall into that category.

I'm sure a lot more shows were multi-tracked besides San Sebastian and Berlin.

Brett Eliason did an interview for Tape Op a while back, and I think I recall him basically saying that the gear was a limiting factor until the Binarual era; that it was rarely feasible to capture an entire show prior to that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam