The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59705 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2939, 2940, 2941, 2942, 2943, 2944, 2945 ... 2986  Next
 Post subject: Re: Talk About Your Day Thread
PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 9:32 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Booked flights and Accommodation for a trip to the Sunshine Coast in a few weeks..... Had checked out accommodation a few days ago and it was good, but when I went to book, some of the places were booked out. There's still one night where the family could be sleeping in the car

PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 9:43 pm 
Rank This Poster

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
So I frequent a Blu-ray forum and am active mostly in the 4K subforum. A while ago, another member began PMing me about individual releases, typically asking if they were worth the upgrade. I kept responding, but eventually he just kept asking “is x 4k better than bluray” over and over, and I just stopped responding, because my answer was always some extended form of “yes.” It’s been months since I’ve responded, and yet he keeps sending me PMs, and they have gotten insanely long and detailed. This is the latest one:

Quote:
so i knew that today mission impossible 3 4k besides 1st 2 movies 4k was available amazon

i went in best buy today i called yesterday they only said had on 5th 4k but apparently they also had 4th in as well

i had 60 bucks and some ones i was trying to decide what to do you see because apes trilogy 4k was delayed when i order past weds get it 1 day shipping

in i asked discount and i got refund basically discount as of now i got 30.00

amazon gift card 55.96

my plain was to wait until amazon gets in ghost protocol in stock on 14 and rouge nation on 12th then add the 1st 3 mission impossible 4k movies

after i used amazon gift card and promotional discount towards all 5 movies after free shipping only pay 32.60

i was actually considering besides the patriot 4k get forrest gump 4k today btw

and keeping 60 bucks used when go to movies Friday

nonetheless i went on and gotten both 4th 5th movie today payed cash 62 bucks and paid credit credit card on the patriot 4k

so today since 1st 3 movies already in stock amazon i'm going to go ahead order them today using discount amazon gift card after choose free shipping

however i got a problem not sure what to do now if i don't add nothing i get them all free don't have use visa card pay 0.00

few weeks ago sam goody had the prestige 4k in stock i didn't check it past week while i was in store

i called women claim don't have it in prob didn't understand me

i'm not going to waste my time going over there this week see in since next tues rampage 4k comes out

i guess if sam goody doesn't have prestige 4k in anymore i can get price down rampage 4k when i try to sell them peanut movie the prestige blurays mission impossible 1-3 and 5

i know they will not take the target steelbook ghost protocol

i know Walmart has pirates deadman no tale in 4k<-apparently i cannot add that amazon because sorry only amazon prime members only crap

i do see bullmoose get it preowned 21.99

anyways so here's what i can do at this moment in time
i can along with mission impossible 1,3 4k movies add patriots day 4k and the peanut movie 4k with discount and amazon gift card visa card after free shipping pay 35.92

or take patriot's day peanut 4k movies out put in prestige 4k with mission impossible 1-3 movies after free shipping 27.23

again i can just not add either prestige or just peanut movie and patriot in skip just do 1st mission impossible 4k movies put discount in with amazon gift card after free shipping pay nothing on visa card 0.00

what do you think i should just skip add any p movies along with mission impossible 1,3 on amazon pay nothing on visa

wait a week or 2 prob have to get 25 amazon git card see get price down and then try to order them

boy i dread have to go back atm Friday get 60 bucks go to movies see ant man 2 and skyscraper since i spent 62 in cash today on mission impossible 4,5 4k's today meh

Is this person just venting to me via PM? Did he ever care if I responded? Am I some kind of 4K therapist? What is this insanity?

I think he knows where you live. You should move.

PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 9:44 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

i had no idea people were that into purchasing physical movies

PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 9:46 pm 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:

It’s a religion

PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 10:01 pm 

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

It’s a religion

that's fascinating to me.

i'm sure it's very much like collecting anything else, and there are sects that collect in different ways. where do you find the most people? ones who selectively purchase movies that they are extremely interested in and will likely watch many multiple times? people who will buy any movie that is a deal, and might not even watch a third of their library?

PostPosted: Mon July 09, 2018 10:08 pm 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

It’s a religion

that's fascinating to me.

i'm sure it's very much like collecting anything else, and there are sects that collect in different ways. where do you find the most people? ones who selectively purchase movies that they are extremely interested in and will likely watch many multiple times? people who will buy any movie that is a deal, and might not even watch a third of their library?

You get both kinds, but the latter is much more common. I have tons and tons of movies I’ve never watched.

PostPosted: Tue July 10, 2018 4:54 am 
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Hi Mr. Farah,

Are you thinking of getting new clothes but can't seem to find the right fabric and size off the rack? Hiras Fashion from Hong Kong can help you get the perfect fit with custom tailoring. Our master tailors travel the world for clients who prefer custom clothing in their exact size, shape, and style. We make custom tailored suits, jackets, shirts, coats and many more, for both men and women.

We hope you can meet our tailor Mr. Mirpuri at the locations below:

This meeting is by appointment only at:

Hartford
Marriott Hartford, located at 200 Columbus Blvd., Hatford on July 19th, Thursday all day until July 20th, Friday 11am.

Trumbull
Marriott Merritt Parkway, located at 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull on July 20th, Friday 3pm until July 21st, Saturday 1pm.

Greenwich
Delamar Greenwich Harbor, located at 500 Steamboat Road, Greenwich on July 21st, Saturday 3pm until July 22nd, Sunday 1pm.

New York (Times Square)
Sheraton NY Times Square Hotel, located at 811 7th Avenue, New York from July 22nd, Sunday 3:30pm until July 24th, Tuesday 1pm.

Jersey City
Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson, located at 2 Exchange Place, Jersey City on July 24th, Tuesday 3:30pm until July 25th, Wednesday 12pm.

Please reply back to book your time or for further queries. You may also book directly with Mr. Mirpuri by contacting his cell (917) 993-3532.

PostPosted: Tue July 10, 2018 5:03 am 
Mind Your Tanners

I'd opt for the further queries

PostPosted: Tue July 10, 2018 6:57 am 

Curious to know which site Plat gave his email
Address to

PostPosted: Tue July 10, 2018 7:38 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Hiras fashion from Hong Kong prolly

PostPosted: Tue July 10, 2018 11:58 am 
Rank This Poster

3:40am and i killed a raccoon. it was maybe 10-15 feet from me as i was driving and it turned and ran across the road. front left tire became airborne and it was the most godawful sound. thankfully no damage to my car other than maybe an embedded fart/shart in my drivers side seat from the fright

PostPosted: Tue July 10, 2018 2:32 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

:(

PostPosted: Tue July 10, 2018 4:17 pm 
The Master

I just cut some wild facial hair from above my cheek bone with a scissors. It was getting into my line of sight.

on a brighter note: My facial scruff is at its perfect length and color right now.

PostPosted: Tue July 10, 2018 4:57 pm 
Rank This Poster

Do you get those weird mutant hairs that are two-three times thicker than the rest?

PostPosted: Tue July 10, 2018 5:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I have a weird one on my neck that has a habit of growing beneath the surface, and then suddenly emerging one day fully-formed and like 1/2" long.

PostPosted: Tue July 10, 2018 10:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I saw a busted late-middle-aged mom type in grocery store with a t-shirt that read "Everything hurts and I'm dying." I thought that was pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 3:52 pm 
 WWW  Profile

A few weeks ago I went to a party where I got in a brief argument about astrology with a Venezuelan pixie manic dream girl type. Now she's pretty blatantly hitting on me through Instagram DMs and inviting me to come over so she can show me her yoga moves. I thought she was talking to the wrong person until she referenced our conversation. Now I think she's either insane or plotting to steal my dick. I am probably seeing her again on Saturday at the party of a mutual friend, except this time my gf is coming along. I wonder what will happen???? (nothing)

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 3:53 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Also, shout-out to the RM instagram group

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 3:54 pm 
Worst Moderator

theplatypus wrote:
Also, shout-out to the RM instagram group

8-)

PostPosted: Wed July 11, 2018 3:54 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge
 WWW  Profile

She might want to convert you... or maybe she's the type that appreciates opposing perspectives and personalities willing to conflict with hers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59705 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2939, 2940, 2941, 2942, 2943, 2944, 2945 ... 2986  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » General Discussion