The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 61  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 06, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15525
The state rep from where I grew up just made headlines for saying businesses can refuse to serve people of color :oops:

So that’s the other side of small town politics

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 06, 2018 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15667
Location: Mizzou
McParadigm wrote:
The state rep from where I grew up just made headlines for saying businesses can refuse to serve people of color :oops:

So that’s the other side of small town politics


Oh yeah, lots of racism/bigotry.

_________________
Please vote in the Video Game Tournament!
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewforum.php?f=45


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 10:21 am 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4543
tragabigzanda wrote:
My wife and I just got a nice note of thanks from Kathleen Williams's campaign for our efforts in Big Sky. 147 votes in our tiny precinct might not seem like a lot, but with six contenders and her besting Heenan by 4193 votes in our county, plus the "Women For Williams" event my wife organized in Bozeman (same county, different/larger precinct) bringing in significant donations, we are feeling very much like an integral part of a winning team today.

Again, I love politics in MT. Even when it's shitty, our voices always count.

Image


That’s very cool. The recognition that you have altered history for the better, even in a small way, is powerful.

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15525
20 point reversal of fortune.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 3:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24528
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
just came from a county dem cookout, all our candidates were in attendance. there's a new electricity i am feeling in my life, and it's not just the bratwurst and Le Croix Lime


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 3:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 13657
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Fuck you, Scott Walker!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 4:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24528
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
wease wrote:
Fuck you, Scott Walker!

:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6191
Location: Washington State
This is the new Republican party, isn't it.

Nevada brothel owner Dennis Hof ousts Republican incumbent in state Assembly primary race


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4543
bune wrote:


A clear upgrayedd

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 13, 2018 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15525
bune wrote:

Photo-Confederate Corey Stewart got the nomination in Virginia and Steve King refused to say if he considered himself a white nationalist after he retweeted a Nazi. Brothels are the least of their problems.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6191
Location: Washington State
Yeah, it was more of a "they're ok with this shit, somehow."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15525
There is a double digit Democrat lead in the New Mexico governor’s race.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=c167021b-46f6-4423-a92e-cafedfdf2276

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15525
You have to hand it to them: Republicans can almost nominate a child molester, actually elect a man who physically attacked a member of the press, support a brothel owner, and embrace a president who stands against 90% of everything they’ve ever been, and still they stand united.

Democrats in one district nominate a young socialist, and it kicks off a fucking whirlwind of interparty “what does this mean for us nationally and how do we cope with such an event and what is even happening (Howard Dean voice) YARRRGGH”

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 4610
American conservatives are at the precipice and they'll do whatever is necessary to hold on.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24528
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
so i attended our county dems' communications committee meeting last night. topics covered the planned launch of a redesigned web site, tailoring of content to drive people to the site, how to engage them in reality once they're at the site...

i think today's headlines to the effect of "dems want new leadership" is somewhat off-base. i think what's happening is that the established leadership is stuck in a rut, but all these new voices, angered by Trump & Co, are mobilizing more effectively than the establishment party


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36348
Location: Mountains
tragabigzanda wrote:
so i attended our county dems' communications committee meeting last night. topics covered the planned launch of a redesigned web site, tailoring of content to drive people to the site, how to engage them in reality once they're at the site...

i think today's headlines to the effect of "dems want new leadership" is somewhat off-base. i think what's happening is that the established leadership is stuck in a rut, but all these new voices, angered by Trump & Co, are mobilizing more effectively than the establishment party

I just hope everyone will combine forces this time around and not fuck it up for the rest of the country again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24528
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
so i attended our county dems' communications committee meeting last night. topics covered the planned launch of a redesigned web site, tailoring of content to drive people to the site, how to engage them in reality once they're at the site...

i think today's headlines to the effect of "dems want new leadership" is somewhat off-base. i think what's happening is that the established leadership is stuck in a rut, but all these new voices, angered by Trump & Co, are mobilizing more effectively than the establishment party

I just hope everyone will combine forces this time around and not fuck it up for the rest of the country again.

yeah, and i also hope the Hillarys and Wasserman-Schultzes of the world can stand back and let the new energy take the charge


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 15525

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 24528
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
:hooray: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :hooray:



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Wed June 27, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 34560
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Looks like the dems are nominating some pretty far left candidates over establishment ones. We're on pace for that commies vs. nazis civil war by 2022!

Get hype!

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 61  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue November 13, 2018 7:03 am