The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bill Cosby's Pudding Pop & Other Sexual Assault Stuff
PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 10:09 pm 
Production Police

Before we go any further I'd like to add that I don't actually care all that much about this.

PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 10:32 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

tragabigzanda wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Uh oh, someone didn't adequately prostrate themselves before the mob. I like how she sucks a married guy's dick, but somehow he owes her an apology.

Dude are you serious? Yeah, she was an adult, but she was also an intern and he was the president. A personal apology, for, you know, getting a BJ then throwing her under the bus on a national stage doesn't seem out of line.

Is there something innately wrong with a powerful person having sex with a subordinate? No. Is it a given that the subordinate is always pressured in every case? No. Sorry, but adults have to take responsibility for their own actions. It's possible that he abused his power, and Clinton's track record is admittedly not great, but in this case nothing indicates he did (That I can remember, I could be way off.). These were willing, non-pressured participants. If this is true, he doesn't owe her shit and she isn't a victim (except with how the media abused her afterwards). Of course, if he did, then fuck him.

Does she even want an apology? Did the media ever apologize to her?

My memory is foggy, but I'm not sure how he threw her under the bus afterwords. I remember them both being attacked pretty fiercely.

I will try to say this without puking: Hillary is the victim here. :throwup: :throwup: :throwup: :throwup: :throwup: :throwup: :throwup: :throwup: :throwup: :throwup:

tragabigzanda wrote:
Before we go any further I'd like to add that I don't actually care all that much about this.

Who is more irrelevant to modern politics? The Bushes or The Clintons? Let's just let them die.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon June 04, 2018 10:54 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

That's probably my favorite part about the last election. In the beginning, I was so sure it was gonna be Hillary or Jeb. What a wonderful turn of events.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue June 05, 2018 3:47 am 
AnalLog

BurtReynolds wrote:
Uh oh, someone didn't adequately prostrate themselves before the mob. I like how she sucks a married guy's dick, but somehow he owes her an apology.

Yeah I was kinda bothered by this. What exactly does he need to apologize for? Everything they did was consensual.

PostPosted: Wed June 06, 2018 1:25 am 

This is pretty crazy

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/rela ... 202830211/

Relativity Media Fabricated Memo Containing Claims of Sexual Harassment by Former Co-President Adam Fields

PostPosted: Wed June 06, 2018 3:50 am 
Gone

meatwad wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Yeah I was kinda bothered by this. What exactly does he need to apologize for? Everything they did was consensual.

It could be considered inappropriate to be the boss and elicit consensual blowjobs and cigar crams from a subordinate. Especially when you are THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. The whole thing is 20 years too late though.

PostPosted: Wed June 06, 2018 4:07 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

The wife and I would like to thank you for having us to your dinner party.

Last edited by The Argonaut on Tue June 18, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 10:24 am 
Looks Like a Cat

verb_to_trust wrote:
meatwad wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

It could be considered inappropriate to be the boss and elicit consensual blowjobs and cigar crams from a subordinate. Especially when you are THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. The whole thing is 20 years too late though.

This. If there ever was a case where the immense power differences between the parties complicates the idea of consent...

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 10:58 am 

Bi_3 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
meatwad wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

This. If there ever was a case where the immense power differences between the parties complicates the idea of consent...

The idea that a 22 year old can't consent to sex with older or more powerful people is madness. Let's just make it statutory rape to fuck anyone outside of your tax bracket, or 10 years beyond your age. Give me a break.

Power dynamics can come into play, but that isn't automatic. And relationships between bosses and employees are successful and mutually beneficial all the time.

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 1:07 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Sex with a subordinate isn't illegal or rape, but it is stupid, unethical, and opens you up for quid pro quo harassment suits.

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 2:13 pm 
Major Dude

B wrote:
Sex with a subordinate isn't illegal or rape, but it is stupid, unethical, and opens you up for quid pro quo harassment suits.

Stupid, yes. Unethical? Why do you think that’s so?

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 3:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
meatwad wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

The idea that a 22 year old can't consent to sex with older or more powerful people is madness. Let's just make it statutory rape to fuck anyone outside of your tax bracket, or 10 years beyond your age. Give me a break.

Power dynamics can come into play, but that isn't automatic. And relationships between bosses and employees are successful and mutually beneficial all the time.

"the most powerful person on earth"

Do you think it's easy to say no to the king?

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 5:22 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
B wrote:

You don't think it's unethical to pursue a sexual relationship with a person who's employment is contingent upon your approval?

That's WHY quid pro quo harassment suits exist, Weinstein.

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 6:13 pm 
Major Dude

B wrote:
wease wrote:
B wrote:

You don't think it's unethical to pursue a sexual relationship with a person who's employment is contingent upon your approval?

I dunno. I was Mrs Wease’s boss when we started dating. And fucking.

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 6:16 pm 
The Master

wease wrote:
B wrote:
wease wrote:
B wrote:

This explains so much

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 6:20 pm 
The Master

My girlfriend is my Yoga Boss :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 6:47 pm 

Strat wrote:
My girlfriend is my Yoga Boss :heartbeat:

Has she apologized yet?

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 6:56 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
wease wrote:
B wrote:
wease wrote:
B wrote:

This explains so much

:P

PostPosted: Thu June 07, 2018 7:14 pm 
AnalLog

Bi_3 wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
meatwad wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

"the most powerful person on earth"

Do you think it's easy to say no to the king?

I’ve never gotten the impression from all that’s been said or written about this whole affair that Monica was ever on the fence and had to be cajoled into sexual activity with the President. Unless someone can produce something to the contrary, I’m team Burt on this one.

PostPosted: Fri June 08, 2018 2:24 am 
Major Dude

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
wease wrote:
B wrote:
wease wrote:
B wrote:

This explains so much

Like what?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 96  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate