The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 286  Next
 Post subject: Re: You Will Drink Good BEER ... And It Will Be Delicious!
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:29 am 
Rank This Poster

Boilgeist. A no boil IPA from AZ Wilderness. VERY unusual flavors. Bunch of my friends hated this one, but it kinda reminded me of a "citrus-y" scotch ale. Weird, but I kinda liked it.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:35 am 
10Club Complaint Department

run2death wrote:
Boilgeist. A no boil IPA from AZ Wilderness. VERY unusual flavors. Bunch of my friends hated this one, but it kinda reminded me of a "citrus-y" scotch ale. Weird, but I kinda liked it.

Sounds super interesting and looks amazing. I’d love to give that a try.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 pm 

Today’s monster purchase

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:30 pm 
Future Drummer

Nice! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:06 am 
Future Drummer

run2death wrote:

I would probably like this a lot.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:53 am 

doone wrote:
Nice! :thumbsup:

Drank a bunch of these tonight with a buddy. Some really unique and interesting beers in that bunch.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:28 pm 

Saturday afternoon delights. Part 1 in a series.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:53 pm 

Saturday afternoon delights. Part 2 in a series.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:12 pm 
Rank This Poster

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:03 pm 

Saturday afternoon delights. Part 3 in a series.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:49 pm 

Saturday afternoon delights. Part 4 in a series.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:34 am 
Rank This Poster

Waaaaaaaay too many of these today. Super Beaker IPA.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:41 am 

Saturday evening delights. Part 5 in a series.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:46 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Lately I find myself agreeing more with Pete Coors and less with the local breweries that I work with on a daily basis. My customers do too.

Quote:
A Letter to the BA From Pete Coors

Congratulations on the remarkable attendance at this year’s Craft Brewers Conference in Nashville. The high turnout speaks to the interest and passion that brewers, suppliers, and the general public have for beer and the brewing industry.

As a paying member of the Brewers Association, I enjoy my subscription to The New Brewer. It is the reason I have taken the time to write a point of view concerning the ongoing vitriol expressed in its pages and most recently reaffirmed by BA Chairman Eric Wallace and President Bob Pease toward the large, non-independent brewers.

The brewing industry is not exclusively made up of “large, multinational brewers” or “big brewers” or “faux craft brewers.” It is not exclusively made up of “mass produced” beer, craft brewers or home brewers. Rather, the beer industry is a combination of large and small brewers, retailers, distributors, and suppliers who are passionate about their craft and committed to their businesses. And, they are passionate about competing for the millions of American consumers who love beer.

The leadership of the Brewers Association does a great disservice to the entire beer value chain by attempting to pit one part of the industry against another.

You must know that it is insulting to those of us who don’t meet the clever criteria of your self-proclaimed definition of “craft brewer.” This approach prioritizes insults and division over unity for a beverage that has been used to unify and celebrate together for generations.

Should the highly educated and trained brewers who work for large brewers or the breweries that have been purchased by them be included in the disdain you seem to have for them? Should the quality of beers produced by them, including hundreds of quality medals be insulted by the Brewers Association simply because the parent company isn’t part of your ever-changing “club?” Didn’t all large brewers start as craft brewers? Don’t all craft brewers wish to grow and be prosperous?

We share distributors, many of whom would not be able to distribute Brewers Association beers without the scale provided by the large brewers. You claim that your members are precluded from distribution at retail, while I visit account after account that do not carry any “big brewer” products.

Competition in our industry should be honored and cherished. I agree with you that craft brewers are “exemplars of the American Dream, of entrepreneurial spirit”. However, you must realize that big brewers are as well. There should be no room for cheap shots and insults (“faux”, “crafty”, “capitulated” beers) for each other.

That is a slippery slope that does not end well for our industry. We have enough competition inside the beer business and outside it with wine, spirits and, increasingly, marijuana.

You undermine your credibility by pitting us against one another to the ultimate detriment of the entire beer industry.

Keep your independent seal, your pride and your zeal for brewing, but let’s be united as an industry. There are other enemies we all must fight together.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:46 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Lately I find myself agreeing more with Pete Coors and less with the local breweries that I work with on a daily basis. My customers do too.

Quote:
A Letter to the BA From Pete Coors

Congratulations on the remarkable attendance at this year’s Craft Brewers Conference in Nashville. The high turnout speaks to the interest and passion that brewers, suppliers, and the general public have for beer and the brewing industry.

As a paying member of the Brewers Association, I enjoy my subscription to The New Brewer. It is the reason I have taken the time to write a point of view concerning the ongoing vitriol expressed in its pages and most recently reaffirmed by BA Chairman Eric Wallace and President Bob Pease toward the large, non-independent brewers.

The brewing industry is not exclusively made up of “large, multinational brewers” or “big brewers” or “faux craft brewers.” It is not exclusively made up of “mass produced” beer, craft brewers or home brewers. Rather, the beer industry is a combination of large and small brewers, retailers, distributors, and suppliers who are passionate about their craft and committed to their businesses. And, they are passionate about competing for the millions of American consumers who love beer.

The leadership of the Brewers Association does a great disservice to the entire beer value chain by attempting to pit one part of the industry against another.

You must know that it is insulting to those of us who don’t meet the clever criteria of your self-proclaimed definition of “craft brewer.” This approach prioritizes insults and division over unity for a beverage that has been used to unify and celebrate together for generations.

Should the highly educated and trained brewers who work for large brewers or the breweries that have been purchased by them be included in the disdain you seem to have for them? Should the quality of beers produced by them, including hundreds of quality medals be insulted by the Brewers Association simply because the parent company isn’t part of your ever-changing “club?” Didn’t all large brewers start as craft brewers? Don’t all craft brewers wish to grow and be prosperous?

We share distributors, many of whom would not be able to distribute Brewers Association beers without the scale provided by the large brewers. You claim that your members are precluded from distribution at retail, while I visit account after account that do not carry any “big brewer” products.

Competition in our industry should be honored and cherished. I agree with you that craft brewers are “exemplars of the American Dream, of entrepreneurial spirit”. However, you must realize that big brewers are as well. There should be no room for cheap shots and insults (“faux”, “crafty”, “capitulated” beers) for each other.

That is a slippery slope that does not end well for our industry. We have enough competition inside the beer business and outside it with wine, spirits and, increasingly, marijuana.

You undermine your credibility by pitting us against one another to the ultimate detriment of the entire beer industry.

Keep your independent seal, your pride and your zeal for brewing, but let’s be united as an industry. There are other enemies we all must fight together.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:34 am 

Saturday evening delights. Part 6 in a series.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:44 am 
Rank This Poster

I love boysenberry.

It seemed to be a fairly popular flavor when I was a kid, but you don't see it much anymore.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:45 am 

run2death wrote:
I love boysenberry.

It seemed to be a fairly popular flavor when I was a kid, but you don't see it much anymore.

It’s delicious in this sour.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:00 am 
Future Drummer

favourite of the night phat?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:02 am 

My favorite sour was Inside Out Upside Down. My favorite IPA was Mirror Universe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210 ... 286  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining