The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 48  Next

No Code: Lets Rate It!
5 Stars: One of the best 66%  66%  [ 83 ]
4 Stars: Very good 26%  26%  [ 33 ]
3 Stars: Average 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
2 Stars: Meh 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
1 Star: Sucks 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 125
 Post subject: Re: No Code: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 5:26 pm 
The Master

guestT wrote:
When played at low volume, the sped up "Smile" in the Moline video on Youtube sounds just like Steve Miller's "The Joker."

https://youtu.be/ekeUtV3g6Ks?t=16m44s

oh WTF, i'll never unhear this. Thanks for ruining Smile for me.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 5:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

holy shit :haha: :haha:

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 6:16 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Its kind weird to think that they can write a punk number but they lost the interest to do another song like In My Tree or Who You Are.

Jack Irons.

Pretty much, but there were still some interesting detours the band wrote around the Binaural / Riot Act / Pearl Jam sessions that prove they have some of that adventurous sprit without Jack. I think Jack just brought it more front and center.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 8:10 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

I listened to moline some more today. Where the fuck did that performance come from?? I had no idea the band had any of that passion left inside. I mean, you could have told me that performance happened in the 90s and I could have believed it. So much of that comes from Ed. He was on fire. And the band is shredding faces. I’m still shocked that this actually happened just a few years ago.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 8:33 pm 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
I listened to moline some more today. Where the fuck did that performance come from?? I had no idea the band had any of that passion left inside. I mean, you could have told me that performance happened in the 90s and I could have believed it. So much of that comes from Ed. He was on fire. And the band is shredding faces. I’m still shocked that this actually happened just a few years ago.

I still kick myself for not trying harder to go to that show.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 8:46 pm 
Rank This Poster

Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

It was great. Milwaukee a few days later felt like people trying unsuccessfully to recreate a vacation they took the previous year.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 8:49 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Yeah, I’m hindsight. But nobody knew that night was going to be THAT NIGHT.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 8:50 pm 

daft twat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

It was great. Milwaukee a few days later felt like people trying unsuccessfully to recreate a vacation they took the previous year.

I missed all of those shows. I blame children.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 8:52 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

PHATJ wrote:

Just go watch their Lolla show in brazil of this year. Its so fuckin passionate...i mean Mike is on fire.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:00 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Just go watch their Lolla show in brazil of this year. Its so fuckin passionate...i mean Mike is on fire.

That’s cool to know. Is that where that recent performance of Black came from? The one where Mike is on fire, and people were posting about it on RM.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PHATJ wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

That’s cool to know. Is that where that recent performance of Black came from? The one where Mike is on fire, and people were slamming keys about it on RM.

before i read "about it on RM", i assumed the South American crowd were just throwing car keys down on the ground along with the music, because it wasn't outside the realm of possibility

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:09 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I thought that Black was from a show in the states? Like Miami 16 or something. Was that even a show? Lol

bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

That’s cool to know. Is that where that recent performance of Black came from? The one where Mike is on fire, and people were slamming keys about it on RM.

before i read "about it on RM", i assumed the South American crowd were just throwing car keys down on the ground along with the music, because it wasn't outside the realm of possibility

This is my assumption too. That and chanting Ole’ between every song, and sing screaming all the guitar solos.

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I thought that Black was from a show in the states? Like Miami 16 or something. Was that even a show? Lol

I don’t know. At least you know what I’m referencing.

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:14 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

PHATJ wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I don’t know. At least you know what I’m referencing.

Yeah. I think I shared it on Facebook, let me look

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:21 pm 

4:15 in, phatj

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:26 pm 

Nailed it!

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:33 pm 

That is a damn beautiful solo

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:34 pm 

Yeah, it’s great

PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:37 pm 

But they’ve always been capable of moments of greatness. Even over the last several years. What seems unique to me about Moline is that the greatness lasted the whole show (at least the No Code portion) and was delivered by every member of the band.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 48  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam