The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193 ... 290  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 2:31 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anyone watching the Andre the Giant doc on HBO tonight?

i don’t have hbo

I'm sorry for your loss.

live post about it

PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 2:35 pm 
A Return To Form

Monkey_Driven wrote:

i don’t have hbo

Do your parents have it? Just get the app and use someone else's login.

PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 2:36 pm 
The Master

HeyGuys wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

i don’t have hbo

Do your parents have it? Just get the app and use someone else's login.

they do not

PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 2:37 pm 
The Master

I’m going to the gym anyway

PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 2:52 pm 
The Master

You can watch things later now Lenny.

PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 2:57 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:

You can watch things later now Lenny.

wtf

PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 6:58 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Finally watched Wrestlemania, as we as Raw. A long evening of wrestling. Had fun, but nothing really shook me. I think the Rousey match was possibly the most entertaining. I expected more from my favorites, like AJ and Bryan. Still can't complain, I enjoyed it. Raw had some cool parts as well. Laughed when Kurt said that TNA are hiring. Very cool with Lashley back.

PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 11:30 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Supposedly Lesnar or McMahon was pissed about the match and had to be separated.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 11:54 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Takeaways from the Andre the Giant documentary:

--Some of the early footage of Andre, when he was a teenager and already 7'+ but lean and muscular was surreal to see. I wish they had addressed--especially because they interviewed his brothers--the rumor that Samuel Beckett used to drive him to school. That's my favorite part of his mythology.

--Even though he's been persona non grata for a couple of years now, there was no way you could do this special without Hulk Hogan. Even though there have been plenty of vignettes about WM 3 over the years, this still gave me chills, especially because it addressed what was obvious at the time (i.e., Andre's health).

--Congrats to Ric Flair for showing up for 5 minutes to talk almost exclusively about Andre's dick.

--Vince was more candid than usual at the end, especially the little bit about how Andre felt exploited towards the end of his life.

--The interviews with Tim White were filmed about 5 minutes from my house. He is from and owns a bar in Cumberland, RI were they obviously filmed his interviews. Was unaware that he was Andre's agent/handler. His Rhode Island access is A+

PostPosted: Thu April 12, 2018 11:03 pm 
A Return To Form

Simple Torture wrote:
--Congrats to Ric Flair for showing up for 5 minutes to talk almost exclusively about Andre's dick.

I legit LOL'ed at this.

PostPosted: Thu April 12, 2018 11:06 pm 
A Return To Form

WM thoughts:
--Predicted Balor to win, but now that Seth won, I see Balor Club going to SD Live next week in the shakeup.
--Even though I wanted Charlotte to win, I didn't think it would happen.
--Ronda was way better than I expected.
--Great to see our Lord and Savior Daniel Bryan back in the ring.
--Nakamura turning heel could be what saves his WWE career. Match was a bit disappointing though.
--Last 2 matches sucked.

Good to see the NXT callups, especially Peyton Royce and Billie Kay.

AJ v. Bryan on SD Live was pretty badass. Take out commercials, give them another 15-20 mins and no outside BS and it'll be a 5-star match easily.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 2:45 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Got back from New Orleans yesterday, slept off the jet lag and now I'm watching it all on the Network. I went to ROH rather than NXT so caught up on Takeover this morning. Great show overall, the ladder match and Gargano/Ciampa standing out as being spectacular.

Wrestlemania was far too long as usual and parts of it dragged, but I had an absolute blast being there live and the crowd was great for the most part. Nobody cared about Brock/Roman because everyone assumed Roman was getting the nod, so the crowd checked out as soon as the bell rang. Brock winning shocked everyone and got a great pop, but the match sucked ass.

I loved that 'Taker basically squashed Cena. He talked shit for weeks about 'Taker, so it made sense for the Deadman to turn up and murder him. I was totally happy with it. Short and sweet, we got Undertaker's greatest hits to show us he can still go and it was all about the entrance anyway. They did a wonderful job teasing us with Elias trolling, it made the pop even bigger when the gong finally went off. I got goosebumps watching it back.

AJ/Nakamura was disappointing, sure. But I loved the heel turn as it was pretty unexpected. Nak was floundering as a babyface, and I think WWE still sees something special in him and I have no doubt he'll no win the belt soon as a heel and go on a tear. It's weird that a match at Wrestlemania is seemingly the START of this story, but I suppose turning heel on the grandest stage makes more of an impact. There's a bona fide classic down the road between these two, I just never thought it would be with Nakamure as a heel. I say bring it on, it's much more interesting this way.

DB back in the ring - nothing needs to be said. I'm not sure taking him out of the match straight away and letting Shane wrestle for 10 mins was the best way to go about it because it killed the crowd for a bit. Luckily, Bryan knows how to get the crowd on side and by the end it was Yestlemania all over again. I'm so very happy that he's back.

Charlotte retaining was a nice surprise. I imagine Charlotte/Ronda is the plan for New York next year. Hell, just have it main event because they'll probably steal the show.

RAW was loads of fun, and the reaction for Elias was MENTAL. Dude is seriously over despite everyone hating him the night before at Mania :haha:

SD Live was fun, and Bryan/Styles was well on its way to being a classic before the interference. I didn't mind because it further solidified Nak's heel turn and now we get to see what a ruthless piece of shit he can be. This heel turn gets an A+ so far from me. We got just enough of Bryan/Styles to know that down the road they will probably give us a 5-star masterpiece.

Also, I met Steve Austin at Wrestlecon and it may have been the greatest moment of my life. We did the standard middle finger pose for the picture, and then he asked if my phone cover had The Rock on it. When I said yes, he laughed and tried to give me a Stunner! Everyone had a good laugh, and I walked away absolutely beaming :)

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 3:15 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Thank you for sharing. Enjoyed reading that.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 3:20 pm 

Anders wrote:
Thank you for sharing. Enjoyed reading that.

Sorry for rambling. I had the best week of my life, I'm still buzzing :)

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 3:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Great picture. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 4:02 pm 

Anders wrote:
Great picture. :mrgreen:

Thanks! Also got pics with Bob Backlund and Jake Roberts :)

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 6:41 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

This is probably the only time I've posted in this thread. But, I watched that HBO Andre The Giant doc the other night and didn't know where else to post this. It was really fantastic doc, and sad. I can't believe the guy was only 46 when he died. The whole doc made me really nostalgic. I was a big fan of the WWF as a kid, right when it blew up in the early-mid 80s. Saw a bunch of live events then, and traded the WWF cards with my friends.

Anyway, I did actually see Andre live one time, in a 3 on 3 match. Pretty cool. I had to look it up. Here's the card:

New Haven Coliseum, 1985/02/04

1 Hillbilly Jim defeated Moondog Rex
2 Jim Powers defeated Charlie Fulton
3 Don Muraco defeated Ivan Putski
4 Blackjack Mulligan defeated AJ Petrucci
5 Moondog Spot defeated Mario Mancini
6 Junkyard Dog, André the Giant and Jimmy Snuka defeated Ken Patera, Big John Studd and Roddy Piper

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 6:47 pm 
The Master

EJ wrote:
This is probably the only time I've posted in this thread. But, I watched that HBO Andre The Giant doc the other night and didn't know where else to post this. It was really fantastic doc, and sad. I can't believe the guy was only 46 when he died. The whole doc made me really nostalgic. I was a big fan of the WWF as a kid, right when it blew up in the early-mid 80s. Saw a bunch of live events then, and traded the WWF cards with my friends.

Anyway, I did actually see Andre live one time, in a 3 on 3 match. Pretty cool. I had to look it up. Here's the card:

New Haven Coliseum, 1985/02/04

1 Hillbilly Jim defeated Moondog Rex
2 Jim Powers defeated Charlie Fulton
3 Don Muraco defeated Ivan Putski
4 Blackjack Mulligan defeated AJ Petrucci
5 Moondog Spot defeated Mario Mancini
6 Junkyard Dog, André the Giant and Jimmy Snuka defeated Ken Patera, Big John Studd and Roddy Piper

you can subscribe to the wwe network for just 9.99 a month

PostPosted: Tue April 17, 2018 9:43 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The first round of the shakeup was interesting. I expected them to pillage SD of most of their successful acts like they did last year, but instead they moved a lot of the SD dead weight over to Raw.

Also, I can’t stand this format for the roster switching. Would it fucking kill them to write up a draft episode, or better yet, come up with a new format that makes sense? It’s appalling that the best they can do is just “just switch people to new shows with no explanation.”

PostPosted: Tue April 17, 2018 11:58 pm 
The Master

numbers wrote:
The first round of the shakeup was interesting. I expected them to pillage SD of most of their successful acts like they did last year, but instead they moved a lot of the SD dead weight over to Raw.

Also, I can’t stand this format for the roster switching. Would it fucking kill them to write up a draft episode, or better yet, come up with a new format that makes sense? It’s appalling that the best they can do is just “just switch people to new shows with no explanation.”

yeah it seems lazy...and why isn't roode a heel?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193 ... 290  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports