The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vitalogy Survivor: Round 3
PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 3:51 pm 
Poster of the Year

Spin The Black Circle and Immortality

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 3:56 pm 
for those who
are not...shall be

Tremor Christ
Corduroy

Both lame-ass drudgeries

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 3:57 pm 
The Master

knee tunes wrote:
Tremor Christ
Corduroy

Both lame-ass drudgeries

Those are the two best songs on the album. March Madness is truly madness.

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 5:08 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Monkey_Driven wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
Tremor Christ
Corduroy

Both lame-ass drudgeries

Those are the two best songs on the album. March Madness is truly madness.

She’s just trolling.

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 5:09 pm 
The Master

I’m almost to the point of thinking Corduroy sucks. I hate how the studio version sounds.

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 5:15 pm 

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I’m almost to the point of thinking Corduroy sucks. I hate how the studio version sounds.

I don’t think I’d ever get to the point of thinking it sucks, but I can easily become bored with it. It’s quintessential PJ for good reason, but I barely listen to it anymore.

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 5:17 pm 

PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

I don’t think I’d ever get to the point of thinking it sucks, but I can easily become bored with it. It’s quintessential PJ for good reason, but I barely listen to it anymore.

Come to think of it, I barely ever listen to PJ anymore. It’s been years since listening to their music was a consistent regularity.

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 5:31 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

serious question: if you guys hadn't heard it 6,873 times live, particularly with the embarrassing call and response that they've been doing as of late, would you still think this?

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 5:35 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

serious question: if you guys hadn't heard it 6,873 times live, particularly with the embarrassing call and response that they've been doing as of late, would you still think this?

i still really love this song. that being said, it might be bc i'm more of an outlier case here. i listen to it maybe once every 5-6 months if it pops up on shuffle or I'm listening to Vitalogy. I never listen to live shows, ever. and the only call-and-response version i've heard is a youtube video that i seeked out to see what it sounded like. so i'm not anywhere close to Corduroy saturation. bc of that, it's still an incredible song to me.

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 5:45 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

i still really love this song. that being said, it might be bc i'm more of an outlier case here. i listen to it maybe once every 5-6 months if it pops up on shuffle or I'm listening to Vitalogy. I never listen to live shows, ever. and the only call-and-response version i've heard is a youtube video that i seeked out to see what it sounded like. so i'm not anywhere close to Corduroy saturation. bc of that, it's still an incredible song to me.

Actually, ‘snatcher, I’m pretty similar. I barely ever listen to live PJ from the last decade plus, and I don’t listen to much from the early days anymore either, although I’m much more likely to do that even if it’s only a few times a year. I might be to the point in my PJ fandom that I only spend a few days a year listening to more than a random song. When they pop up regularly, I mostly skip them. I even skip the songs I’d consider my favorites probably 90% of the time. It doesn’t mean I don’t like the songs anymore, but I know every note at this point without hearing them. And I find the times that I most enjoy listening to an old Pj album is after I’ve left it on the shelf for two years.

Last edited by PHATJ on Tue March 20, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 5:45 pm 
The Master

My distaste has nothing to do with overexposure and I don’t listen to live PJ. It’s just not a song I like very much.

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 6:04 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Actually, ‘snatcher, I’m pretty similar. I barely ever listen to live PJ from the last decade plus, and I don’t listen to much from the early days anymore either, although I’m much more likely to do that even if it’s only a few times a year. I might be to the point in my PJ fandom that I only spend a few days a year listening to more than a random song. When they pop up regularly, I mostly skip them. I even skip the songs I’d consider my favorites probably 90% of the time. It doesn’t mean I don’t like the songs anymore, but I know every note at this point without hearing them. And I find the times that I most enjoy listening to an old Pj album is after I’ve left it on the shelf for two years.

Maybe it's even better after five years?

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 6:12 pm 

Anders wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

I’m sure they’re are songs I haven’t heard in more than five years.

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 6:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PHATJ wrote:
Anders wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

all of Lightning Bolt? :haha:

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 6:20 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Anders wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

all of Lightning Bolt? :haha:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 7:50 pm 
Future Drummer

PHATJ wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Satan’s Bed is such a great song.

It is, but so are all of the other songs left

True, but there are only 3-4 that I’d put ahead of Satan’s Bed. Just bummed to see it go.

me too :(

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 8:42 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Spin the Black Circle
Corduroy

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 8:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The top seven songs on this record are great, all first tier greatest hits songs. But the songs that have been eliminated so far, struggle to match up to the songs that have been eliminated on other 90s Pearl Jam records.

PostPosted: Wed March 21, 2018 4:39 am 

Anders wrote:
The top seven songs on this record are great, all first tier greatest hits songs. But the songs that have been eliminated so far, struggle to match up to the songs that have been eliminated on other 90s Pearl Jam records.

The only real "song" that's been eliminated so far is Whippin'. Unless you're including the soon to be eliminated STBC and Satan's Bed.

Post subject: Re: Vitalogy Survivor: inactive
PostPosted: Wed March 21, 2018 11:45 am 
The worst

Round 3 Eliminations:
Spin the Black Circle: 32%
Satan's Bed: 22%

Can't really argue with those results

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam