The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1676 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 6:18 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Limp metal.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 1:42 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
B, if you're trying to give Ed a heart attack you're going the right way about it.

Hey, if he doesn't like it. He can deny me.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 3:37 pm 
AnalLog

B wrote:
Anyone think this song would be better if it was 25% faster?

Bingo

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 3:41 pm 
Future Drummer

Matt will be sure to hit that 25% target. Just give him some time.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 4:29 pm 
AnalLog

I hate to add to the negativity, but after listening many times this is the sophomoric bullshit I was hoping Pearl Jam would avoid in their later years.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 4:49 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I'm not gonna write off an entire album bc of a song they recorded within the last month. But I am a little dismayed that this is the first song they put out in 5 years and it was written in the last month.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 4:54 pm 
Poster of the Year

bodysnatcher wrote:
I'm not gonna write off an entire album bc of a song they recorded within the last month.

you really think they're gonna get better?

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 5:06 pm 
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

theplatypus wrote:
B wrote:

Here it is 25% faster. You be the judge.

Sounds a little better.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, this is sort of how Spin The Black Circle was composed. Stone had the riff but it was way slower. Eddie wanted it faster so they sped it up and that's the song we know today. Not sure where I read that though. Maybe the PJ20 book?

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 6:10 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

I wonder if Ed plays this for his wife and she just doesn't have the heart to tell him he sounds like shit. Someone in their inner circles need to do them a favor and let them know how horrible they sound. Do all their families just pretend this kind of shit is good? What about the producer? I'm getting the impression they're all in an echo chamber, never questioning themselves or considering this shit might be bad and to actually work hard on something like they used to. They can't have just lost all their creativity and it must have to do with work ethic? Right?

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 6:15 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

tree_ wrote:
What about the producer?

how do you think the hand claps get in these songs?

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 6:28 pm 
The Master

tree_ wrote:
I wonder if Ed plays this for his wife and she just doesn't have the heart to tell him he sounds like shit. Someone in their inner circles need to do them a favor and let them know how horrible they sound. Do all their families just pretend this kind of shit is good? What about the producer? I'm getting the impression they're all in an echo chamber, never questioning themselves or considering this shit might be bad and to actually work hard on something like they used to. They can't have just lost all their creativity and it must have to do with work ethic? Right?

As long as those checks keep coming their families don't care.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 6:31 pm 
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

tree_ wrote:

I don't think it's the responsibility of a spouse or anyone else in an inner-circle to do that. I think someone else in the band has to tell him if they think something sounds like shit. But maybe they just don't think it sounds like shit.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 6:35 pm 
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Ledbetterman10 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

I don't think it's the responsibility of a spouse or anyone else in an inner-circle to do that. I think someone else in the band has to tell him if they think something sounds like shit. But maybe they just don't think it sounds like shit.

Each scenario is worse than the last.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 6:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

cutuphalfdead wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
I'm not gonna write off an entire album bc of a song they recorded within the last month.

you really think they're gonna get better?

no, but i can't jump to conclusions quite yet. i need more evidence...

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 10:00 pm 
Gone

Someone on the inside would definitely be calling out the horrible music if the band still didn't rake in money hand over fist from the Jamily. The real culprit here is the idiot fanbase that enables Ted Dibiase and the Yes Men.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 11:13 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Ed's gonna be crushed when Elizabeth Warren politely declines to use this song on the campaign trail.

"No really it's great, it really is I swear, but we just have so many songs already and Bruce Springsteen wrote a great one that we have to use. Maybe in four more years we can squeeze it in. Please stop calling me."

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 11:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
Ed's gonna be crushed when Elizabeth Warren politely declines to use this song on the campaign trail.

"No really it's great, it really is I swear, but we just have so many songs already and Bruce Springsteen wrote a great one that we have to use. Maybe in four more years we can squeeze it in. Please stop calling me."

Ed's gonna pitch a song called, "Her Final Warren"

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 11:42 pm 
The worst

Ledbetterman10 wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
B wrote:

Here it is 25% faster. You be the judge.

Sounds a little better.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, this is sort of how Spin The Black Circle was composed. Stone had the riff but it was way slower. Eddie wanted it faster so they sped it up and that's the song we know today. Not sure where I read that though. Maybe the PJ20 book?

I think I like this more sped up, too.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 11:44 pm 
The worst

Ledbetterman10 wrote:
tree_ wrote:

Just ducking in for my periodic reminder that outside of Red Mosquito this was actually a pretty well received album. Not a classic, by any means, but it was well reviewed, sold well, had a huge hit. So this conversation won't happen until an album falls flat.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue March 20, 2018 12:15 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I like it better slowed down 90%. Feel like I'm in some sort of alien movie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1676 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 84  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam