The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Midterms
PostPosted: Tue October 24, 2017 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue October 24, 2017 7:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

So Kid Rock isn't running now.

PostPosted: Tue October 24, 2017 7:14 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

quite the speech so far...come on jeff, tell him to go fuck himself, you can do it..

PostPosted: Wed October 25, 2017 1:15 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

show him how to go fuck himself

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 8:22 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 89f6e3b7c7

Quote:
The Supreme Court on Monday denied a request from Pennsylvania Republicans to delay redrawing congressional lines, meaning the 2018 elections in the state will probably be held in districts far more favorable to Democrats.

Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., who hears emergency requests from the state, turned down the petition without obvious objection from his colleagues.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court last month ruled that the state’s Republican legislative leaders had violated the state Constitution by unfairly favoring the GOP. Although there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the state, Republicans hold 13 of 18 congressional seats.

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 1:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

B wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-refuses-to-block-pa-ruling-invalidating-congressional-mapdecision-means-2018-elections-in-the-state-will-probably-be-held-in-districts-far-more-favorable-to-democrats/2018/02/05/2d758f90-0aa3-11e8-8890-372e2047c935_story.html?utm_term=.8a89f6e3b7c7

Quote:
The Supreme Court on Monday denied a request from Pennsylvania Republicans to delay redrawing congressional lines, meaning the 2018 elections in the state will probably be held in districts far more favorable to Democrats.

Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr., who hears emergency requests from the state, turned down the petition without obvious objection from his colleagues.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court last month ruled that the state’s Republican legislative leaders had violated the state Constitution by unfairly favoring the GOP. Although there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the state, Republicans hold 13 of 18 congressional seats.

That escalated fast.

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 3:44 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 4:41 am 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:

Might be the only Democrat to win in this state this year.

PostPosted: Thu February 08, 2018 11:56 am 
Major Dude

McParadigm wrote:
B wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-refuses-to-block-pa-ruling-invalidating-congressional-mapdecision-means-2018-elections-in-the-state-will-probably-be-held-in-districts-far-more-favorable-to-democrats/2018/02/05/2d758f90-0aa3-11e8-8890-372e2047c935_story.html?utm_term=.8a89f6e3b7c7

Quote:

That escalated fast.

What a bunch of fucking assholes.

PostPosted: Sun February 11, 2018 2:11 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

fool me once, shame on you

https://www.wired.com/story/time-about-up-to-secure-2018-midterm-elections/

Quote:
When the BBC asked CIA Director Michael Pompeo last week whether he foresaw Russia continuing to pursuing election meddling during the 2018 midterm elections, he said, "Of course. I have every expectation that they will continue to try and do that." Likewise former State Department cyber coordinator Christopher Painter said in Congressional testimony on Tuesday that, "The lack of a sufficiently strong, timely, and continuing response to Russian interference with our electoral process virtually guarantees that they will attempt to interfere again."

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat February 17, 2018 6:32 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

96583UP wrote:

Quote:
When the BBC asked CIA Director Michael Pompeo last week whether he foresaw Russia continuing to pursuing election meddling during the 2018 midterm elections, he said, "Of course. I have every expectation that they will continue to try and do that." Likewise former State Department cyber coordinator Christopher Painter said in Congressional testimony on Tuesday that, "The lack of a sufficiently strong, timely, and continuing response to Russian interference with our electoral process virtually guarantees that they will attempt to interfere again."

Those Facebook ad buys are really going to change voter turnout. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat February 17, 2018 4:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:

Quote:

obnoxious

PostPosted: Sun February 18, 2018 1:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

McParadigm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:

Quote:

obnoxious

they already did once! just ask the 13 pinkos the FBI just indicted

PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2018 8:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Republicans will not be pleased

PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2018 3:42 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2018 3:45 am 
Poster of the Year

Wait, are you saying Mitt Romney is full of shit and will say whatever is politically expedient at the time?

PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2018 5:07 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

96583UP wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:

Quote:

obnoxious

Maybe the early reports I saw were in error, but the indictment was for 13 Russian nationals well outside the grasp of US law enforcement, correct?

PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 8:47 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2018 2:42 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:
96583UP wrote:

Quote:

obnoxious

Maybe the early reports I saw were in error, but the indictment was for 13 Russian nationals well outside the grasp of US law enforcement, correct?

no

and the point question was 'can you impact voter turnout via facebook ad buys' and the answer is 'yes you can', and the example is 'they did'

PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2018 5:23 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

There would have been other things in play, but the Assault Weapons ban in 1994 did great things for Republicans in the midterms. I would suggest pumping the breaks on this issue if the dems want to take back congress.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 70  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate