The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 54515
One time I baked bacon

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 61823
Image

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 11:57 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25460
Location: the beach
our ausssie friend always bakes bacon when he stays here


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Tue November 20, 2018 2:53 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25460
Location: the beach
i sliced my right thumb again on the mandoline...stupid radish


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Tue November 20, 2018 3:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25574
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
doug rr wrote:
i sliced my right thumb again on the mandoline...stupid radish

the worst, usually really sensitive for about a week


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Tue November 20, 2018 3:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 61823
tragabigzanda wrote:
doug rr wrote:
i sliced my right thumb again on the mandoline...stupid radish

the worst, usually really sensitive for about a week

ever dipped your wiener in ice cream? be honest

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Tue November 20, 2018 3:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 25574
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
doug rr wrote:
i sliced my right thumb again on the mandoline...stupid radish

the worst, usually really sensitive for about a week

ever dipped your wiener in ice cream? be honest

does gelato count?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Tue November 20, 2018 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 61823
tragabigzanda wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
doug rr wrote:
i sliced my right thumb again on the mandoline...stupid radish

the worst, usually really sensitive for about a week

ever dipped your wiener in ice cream? be honest

does gelato count?

yeah sure

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
This is the definitive battle rap movie ever.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Tue November 20, 2018 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 11338
tragabigzanda wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
doug rr wrote:
i sliced my right thumb again on the mandoline...stupid radish

the worst, usually really sensitive for about a week

ever dipped your wiener in ice cream? be honest

i worship a very, very black jesus. like wesley snipes black. so, yes


i mean i guess this makes sense. and i guess it must have been chocolate ice cream then

_________________
Best RM Poster of the Year 2018


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Sun November 25, 2018 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 19853
how'd everyone's thanksgiving gravy turn out?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Tue November 27, 2018 7:05 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 3143
Turkey was awesome! Smoked for 12 hrs at 200. Wine Brined. I didn't get much by way of drippings, but I made due with what I had, Gravy was not my best effort.

Unfortunately although I greased, I neglected to flour the bundt pan for the pound cake so while it was delicious, it was ugly as all get out because It stuck to the friggin pan.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Tue November 27, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 26126
doug rr wrote:
our ausssie friend always bakes bacon when he stays here



is there another way to cook a bacon joint?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 16740
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Last night, I was making a brown butter sauce to go over our pork chops (which was delicious, btw) and as I kept stirring the butter, I decided to taste it. The spoon was fucking hotter the hell and I burned the inside of my mouth. I have blisters on both sides of my inner cheeks. It fucking hurts.

_________________
”Maybe greed is all cocks at the end." - Jaime Lannister


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 8545
Location: Oslo, Norway
That's the kind of mistake you learn from. Ouch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 16740
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Annnnnnnd. The blisters have burst. Now just raw and painful.

_________________
”Maybe greed is all cocks at the end." - Jaime Lannister


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 26126
Let me go owwwwww
Like a blister in the tongue
Let me go owwwww


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Wed January 23, 2019 4:46 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25460
Location: the beach
wease wrote:
Annnnnnnd. The blisters have burst. Now just raw and painful.

been there a few times with hot pizza..enjoy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:32 pm 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25460
Location: the beach
so, I made my normal home made pasta sauce about 90 minutes ago and let it simmer on low..i taste tested it and something wasn't right and realized it tasted like soap...I'm really into cleaning my pots and pans and not leaving in soap suds on them but i think i missed this one..i just tossed it all out and am about to start over with a new pot..if i taste anything that tastes like soap i want to throw up...dinner delayed


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 10083
Location: An office full of assholes
doug rr wrote:
so, I made my normal home made pasta sauce about 90 minutes ago and let it simmer on low..i taste tested it and something wasn't right and realized it tasted like soap...I'm really into cleaning my pots and pans and not leaving in soap suds on them but i think i missed this one..i just tossed it all out and am about to start over with a new pot..if i taste anything that tastes like soap i want to throw up...dinner delayed

it's probably a brain tumor


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Kitchen Mistakes
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:02 am 
Offline
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 25460
Location: the beach
Chris_H_2 wrote:
doug rr wrote:
so, I made my normal home made pasta sauce about 90 minutes ago and let it simmer on low..i taste tested it and something wasn't right and realized it tasted like soap...I'm really into cleaning my pots and pans and not leaving in soap suds on them but i think i missed this one..i just tossed it all out and am about to start over with a new pot..if i taste anything that tastes like soap i want to throw up...dinner delayed

it's probably a brain tumor

it did cross my mind


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 2:54 am