The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 136  Next

Who will be in Super Bowl LIII?
Patriots/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Patriots/Saints 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Chiefs/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Chiefs/Saints 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 9:36 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Orpheus wrote:
Cousins is basically a less athletic Smith who is also 7 or so years younger, which does matter. Who I am really interested in is Teddy Bridgewater, who will probably get a significantly smaller deal and could be just as good if not better than Cousins if he is healthy and becomes a free agent. He never really got to play with a good O-line or in an offense that suited his strengths, and the right team could provide him with both plus a few additional players with the $10-15 million per year they'll save over other QBs. This offseason is going to be nuts with all the QBs who could move around.

Agree about Teddy. That's why in my "predict each QB" post, I had him staying put in Minnesota.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 11:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PHATJ wrote:
Well, apparently Cousins is telling people that his first choice is the Vikings.

Quote:
“I'm told Cousins has been telling people this week the Vikings are #1 with a bullet on his preference list. If offers are similar he's taking the Vikings."

Link to story: https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/viking ... ged_social

which is hilarious bc you have QB needy teams out there and then you have the Vikings with THREE viable starters

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 11:48 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

96583UP wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Well, apparently Cousins is telling people that his first choice is the Vikings.

Quote:
“I'm told Cousins has been telling people this week the Vikings are #1 with a bullet on his preference list. If offers are similar he's taking the Vikings."

which is hilarious bc you have QB needy teams out there and then you have the Vikings with THREE viable starters

None of them are under contract for next season though.

PostPosted: Sat February 03, 2018 3:03 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PHATJ wrote:
96583UP wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Quote:

None of them are under contract for next season though.

but they all are dressed like they want it

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 2:22 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

since the 2017 NFL thread was just inexplicably locked, during the superbowl, we'll have to relocate here for the moment

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 2:23 am 
Gone

Yeah I've never heard rpo until tonight. It was also hilarious how wrong bother he and michaels we're on the TD review.

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 2:25 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i hope goodell called into the NY replay HQ during that review and was like 'let the fucking catch stand'

clearly they realize at this point that fans hate the overturning shit

and since their viewership is down they need to do what the fans want

PostPosted: Mon February 05, 2018 3:44 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 12:35 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Quote:
Lions Name Patriots Defensive Coordinator Matt Patricia New Head Coach
Sports Illustrated · 33m
New England Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia has been named the Detroit Lions head coach, the team announced Monday. Patricia replaces Jim Caldwell, who was fired after four seasons as Lions coach.
Oddly while I was watching the game I had the feeling he looked like a guy who was going to another team. Last guy I had that feeling about was Rich Rod.

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 1:42 am 
AnalLog

verb_to_trust wrote:
Yeah I've never heard rpo until tonight. It was also hilarious how wrong bother he and michaels we're on the TD review.

I just posted this in the 2017 thread, I'm guessing its a Philly term. Ive heard RPO all year watching Eagles games. So im guessing Philly talks about them in the meetings with the media during the week, so whomever is doing the games calls them that.

PostPosted: Tue February 06, 2018 6:26 am 
Future Drummer

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I just posted this in the 2017 thread, I'm guessing its a Philly term. Ive heard RPO all year watching Eagles games. So im guessing Philly talks about them in the meetings with the media during the week, so whomever is doing the games calls them that.

RPO is a system of plays that came from college teams like Auburn and Oregon that primarily happen from the shotgun, but a lot of QBs in the NFL have run them for a while. I think they started spamming the term this year when Foles used them to win the Atlanta game. Matt Ryan, Rodgers, Newton, RW, Mariota and everybody on the Eagles like them a lot.

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 1:03 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Reports out there that Josh McDaniels has declined the Colts job.

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 1:04 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Simple Torture wrote:
Reports out there that Josh McDaniels has declined the Colts job.

Conflicting reports about whether he declined the job, or whether he accepted and then backed out.

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 1:07 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

maybe he realized that the owner is a dirty pill-popping junkie and Andrew Luck will never play again so he got cold feet

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 1:12 am 
Mind Your Tanners

This total PORKING of the Colts has wiped away the pain of the Super Bowl for me.

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 1:27 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 1:31 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

maybe Belichix with Dix is retiring after all

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 1:48 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Who will play Belichick in the biopic? Unfortunately it will be Mark Walberg.

The NFL should go dark for 3 years once he hangs it up out of respect.

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 2:51 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

rick malone wrote:
Who will play Belichick in the biopic?

Paul Giamatti

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 3:20 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

wow, what a douchebag

Quote:
Compounding the issue is that multiple assistant coaches have signed Colts contracts thinking they'd be working with McDaniels. Former Cowboys linebackers coach Matt Eberflus, who was pegged as McDaniels' defensive coordinator, is among those under contract already. Garafolo reported on NFL Total Access that all indications are Eberflus -- and possibly other coaches -- will remain with the Colts under whomever they hire.

Rapoport added that McDaniels was offering Colts jobs to prospective assistants as late as Tuesday before changing his mind about the job.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 136  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports