The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 136  Next

Who will be in Super Bowl LIII?
Patriots/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Patriots/Saints 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Chiefs/Rams 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Chiefs/Saints 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: 2018 NFL Season
PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 2:03 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
I wish I had your confidence for Sunday (watch ruddo move this post to the other thread).

What division do you think has the best QB class in your scenario?

Probably the NFC West in my scenario.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 3:44 am 
Rank This Poster

The Vikings should go hard after Cousins.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 3:48 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

daft twat wrote:
The Vikings should go hard after Cousins.

I'd love to see him land in Minnesota, actually. That would be amazing.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 7:02 am 
10Club Complaint Department

I don’t know how I feel about Cousins really. Although he is a pretty obvious upgrade to the potential re-sign candidates the Vikings have, I don’t know if he’s worth the $150 Million over fives years if it comes at the expense of resigning young stars over the next couple of years.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 3:16 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

PHATJ wrote:
I don’t know how I feel about Cousins really. Although he is a pretty obvious upgrade to the potential re-sign candidates the Vikings have, I don’t know if he’s worth the $150 Million over fives years if it comes at the expense of resigning young stars over the next couple of years.

Only if they truly believe he is franchise QB.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 3:34 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PHATJ wrote:

I agree. He's a solid QB for sure, but I think he needs top tier skill players around him, and at his price tag, you're not gonna get the skill WRs and RBs, or a really deep OL to protect him. He's good at the plan, but when the plan (pocket) breaks down, he shows his weaknesses. Of the 32 starting QBs, I think he's around the top 12-16 range.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 3:43 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Would you rank him above or below Alex Smith?

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 4:19 pm 
Rank This Poster

PHATJ wrote:

I think he’s going to be more around 25m unless there’s a bidding war. Minnesota already has the infrastructure for him to flourish. The numbers say he’s a franchise QB.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 5:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I feel like Cousins/Denver is a perfect match.

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 5:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

numbers wrote:

its happening

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 5:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

doug rr wrote:
numbers wrote:

its happening

"I'm massively happy about this trade, but I swear to god if Cousins goes to Denver I'm gonna find a horse and punch it." -- text from a friend yesterday. :haha:

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 5:30 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

haha

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 5:32 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

durdencommatyler wrote:
doug rr wrote:
numbers wrote:

its happening

"I'm massively happy about this trade, but I swear to god if Cousins goes to Denver I'm gonna find a horse and punch it." -- text from a friend yesterday. :haha:

that's good

PostPosted: Thu February 01, 2018 8:08 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

durdencommatyler wrote:
Would you rank him above or below Alex Smith?

I really don't know. I want to say Kirk Cousins is the better QB with more upside, but I don't think they are terribly far off. Watching Kirk the past few seasons has been frustrating because you see flashes of greatness but then a lot of head scratchers like fumbling when hit, or being too conservative.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 12:12 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

his numbers are inflated bc the redskins have no run game and pass 82 times per game

he checks down constantly rather than throwing the deep ball

he doesn’t win playoff games

$30 million, please

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 4:31 am 
Future Drummer

Cousins is basically a less athletic Smith who is also 7 or so years younger, which does matter. Who I am really interested in is Teddy Bridgewater, who will probably get a significantly smaller deal and could be just as good if not better than Cousins if he is healthy and becomes a free agent. He never really got to play with a good O-line or in an offense that suited his strengths, and the right team could provide him with both plus a few additional players with the $10-15 million per year they'll save over other QBs. This offseason is going to be nuts with all the QBs who could move around.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 5:18 am 

Mike Zimmer has always loved Bridgewater. Rumors are that he’s the most likely to resign of the three Vikings Free Agent QBs. And it wouldn’t surprise me at all if that’s what happens. I think the Vikings will value the flexibility that the lower cost of Bridgewater will provide when they need to sign all their young stars in the next couple of years. I seriously doubt that they’ll get too involved in the likely bidding war for Cousins.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 2:31 pm 
Rank This Poster

PHATJ wrote:
Mike Zimmer has always loved Bridgewater. Rumors are that he’s the most likely to resign of the three Vikings Free Agent QBs. And it wouldn’t surprise me at all if that’s what happens. I think the Vikings will value the flexibility that the lower cost of Bridgewater will provide when they need to sign all their young stars in the next couple of years. I seriously doubt that they’ll get too involved in the likely bidding war for Cousins.

They should be the most knowledgeable about his injury anyway, but what does he want? Would he rather sign a short one or two year deal for a small amount and bet that he will vastly outplay it and get huge money in a year or two or does he want a 4-5 year deal for less than the market rate for a franchise QB but long term stability? It's pretty much what Cousins asked for early on after his first successful year in Washington and they chose to Franchise him for two years and pay him essentially all that guaranteed money anyway.

I like the idea of Teddy getting a restart in Minnesota, but I have no idea what that injury has done to his long term ability. I still think having Cook back next year will pay huge offensive dividends too, but they are rebooting at OC as well so that may play in to the QB decision too.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 3:56 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

I don't mind Cousins at all, and would have been fine with him staying in Washington. However, keeping him when the team has so many other glaring needs, especially on the O-Line and RB, it just didn't make sense to keep him at the price he wanted.

One of the biggest flaws I think he has is pocket awareness. Guys like Romo, and Rothlisberger seem to find ways to move and make plays happen. Cousins gets sacked, or fumbles the ball. It's maddening that he can't seem to escape and extend plays. I mean, it happens sometimes, but more often than not it seems he takes the sack by not having great / elite pocket awareness.

PostPosted: Fri February 02, 2018 7:17 pm 

Well, apparently Cousins is telling people that his first choice is the Vikings.

Quote:
“I'm told Cousins has been telling people this week the Vikings are #1 with a bullet on his preference list. If offers are similar he's taking the Vikings."

Link to story: https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/viking ... ged_social

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 136  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports