The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: Re: Ticketmaster....I hate you :(
PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 8:54 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

stip wrote:
Same experience with night 1. :(

Ruddo, figure out what to do with this thread...
I'm at the beach and only have my phone. Can you move it to the tour forum for me?

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 9:00 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I'd merge it into the tour thread that's stickied at the top, but let it ride for a while. People need to get their rage out.

Also, enjoy the beach. Get the fuck off RM.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 10:26 pm 
The worst

B wrote:
I'd merge it into the tour thread that's stickied at the top, but let it ride for a while. People need to get their rage out.

Also, enjoy the beach. Get the fuck off RM.

I would like to hear ruddo justify his choice.

Show your work

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 11:34 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Justification? It's a tour related topic about an upcoming tour.

Honesty, I'd like to hear more experiences of people from today. From what I've seen on Facebook, not a lot of people having luck.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 11:43 pm 
Polluted

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Honesty, I'd like to hear more experiences of people from today.

I looked at what was left for Wista around 11. 4x Nosebleeds, behind the stage. To be honest, I didn't plan on going, but even if I did, I'm not sure I'd pay $92 for that.

I have a stub from '96 that cost $26, for GA on the floor. Maybe I'm old and unreasonable? They tour all the friggin' time, though. Not like it's a special event.

PostPosted: Sun July 28, 2013 2:23 am 
A Return To Form

mikejasond wrote:
Well I bought section 114 for $135 dollars a ticket on stubhub for 10/19...

A little worried. It seems too good to be true. That's less than double the price of the tickets, and way less than anything else on stubhub. Did I get lucky or is this somehow going to be something wrong with the ticket?

I wouldn't be too worried. I think most purchases off the Stub Hub site are protected.

I know with a lot of SH tickets it might be people that are season ticket holders or members of some elite club at the arena that don't care for whose playing so they just throw them up on Stub Hub for a fair price. YOU CAN find a good deal on there from time to time...

PostPosted: Sun July 28, 2013 12:52 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Honesty, I'd like to hear more experiences of people from today. From what I've seen on Facebook, not a lot of people having luck.

Went in for NYC2 only, never saw tickets through the website, turned down a half dozen through the mobile app and ended up with two singles Section 17 / Row 9 and Section 112 / Row 5. I suspect I could have pulled better but was sitting in a basement office with bad reception

On a whim looked at Worcester and pulled 211/H and 231/D singles. I had already made a hotel res there just in case, so I bought them.

I consider these as "bonus" shows to what I was already attending via 10c tickets (Philly 1, Philly 2, Balt, CVille) so as long as I was in front of the stage I wasn't overly concerned about location. I was about a basketball court back at Wrigley and it wasn't a big deal. I pick up two singles in case the first one was an undocumented obstructed view (beams, cameras, or mixing table in the way) or somewhere with a low ceiling height where I can't stand up, and give the seat I don't choose to someone with a worse seat inside the venue.

Post subject: Re: General public ticket sales for Fall tour
PostPosted: Mon July 29, 2013 3:37 am 
A Return To Form

I'm noticing quite a few floor GA tickets on StubHub...
I was under the impression that the GA tickets were exclusive to the Fan Club. At least that's how the email read, to me.
I realize it's completely naive of me to think that somehow ticket brokers wouldn't get their hands on GA tickets, but it's still disappointing nonetheless.

PostPosted: Mon July 29, 2013 2:04 pm 
Future Drummer

> 1 out every 6 possible tickets for Dallas is listed on stubhub right now. Wow.

PostPosted: Mon July 29, 2013 3:48 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I would recommend against being desperate and buying tickets for more than face right now or buying 2 singles etc.

With only a small amount of effort, there is no reason to pay more than face for tickets for this tour (unless you NEED to know 3 months in advance where your seats are, or NEED to have the absolute best seats). Without being mean, paying $90 for nosebleeds right now is kind of a sucker move.

I will explain more this afternoon, but in general, DONT PANIC - you will be able to get into the concert.

PostPosted: Mon July 29, 2013 4:29 pm 
Future Drummer

Captain Termite wrote:
I would recommend against being desperate and buying tickets for more than face right now or buying 2 singles etc.

With only a small amount of effort, there is no reason to pay more than face for tickets for this tour (unless you NEED to know 3 months in advance where your seats are, or NEED to have the absolute best seats). Without being mean, paying $90 for nosebleeds right now is kind of a sucker move.

I will explain more this afternoon, but in general, DONT PANIC - you will be able to get into the concert.

This should be interesting.

PostPosted: Mon July 29, 2013 4:32 pm 

broken iris wrote:
Captain Termite wrote:

This should be interesting.

I have no inside info, just years of experience buying concert tickets, and I have never been a member of Ten Club.

PostPosted: Mon July 29, 2013 6:30 pm 

There are 2 main relevant things:

1) "Sold-Out" is not a permanent condition.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, more tickets always will become available on Ticketmaster, often very good ones. There is no rhyme or reason to when they become available, but usually there is a wave or waves 2-4 weeks before the show, and then often another the week or day of the show. This is how I have usually gotten my Pearl Jam tickets. In 2008, I bought my tickets 6 days before the show (section 8 in Mansfield). In 2006 for a Philly show, it was a few weeks before the show and I got 2 seats piggybacked in approx the 8th & 9th row. For these shows, I would checking Ticketmaster regularly in September, and I predict that even a few GA tickets will come through ticketmaster. Also, check in this forum and other fan forums because people will often post when a 'ticket drop' happens. If your lifestyle doesn't permit frequent checking of ticketmaster, the secondary market is your friend, not your enemy; see below.

2) Demand is not as high as you might think.

This is not the mid-1990's, and this is a regular tour at big venues and not a one-off at a small venue. Right now, the secondary market only has PJ tickets listed at such high prices because they are hoping people will buy them now because of fear and ignorance. If you are using stubhub/ebay etc, the prices will go down. You have nothing to gain by plunking down more-than-face right now. The secondary market will never run out of tickets, you can always pay more-than-face later on if you really don't want to expend any effort. I think it is very likely that the listings will be less than what ticketmaster is charging by the time the shows are 4-5 days away.

It's even cheaper (although more of a hassle) to deal directly with people who for some reason or other can't use the tickets they have gotten. Again, no need to do it now! Lots of people will have extras in singles, pairs, or foursomes. In the week of the show, craigslist will be flooded with people trying to recoup only a portion of the price they paid for tickets. This would be your best bet if you were trying to simply get in the building for $50-$60 bucks. Also check the fan forums.

To summarize, if you don't have tickets yet for the show on this tour you want to attend ... do nothing for the time being. Relax. Have patience.

PostPosted: Mon July 29, 2013 7:19 pm 
Future Drummer

I agree with point one, that's how I got decent pavilion seats for PJ20, but am skeptical about point two. The proliferation of 'print at home' tickets means you have to have a high level of trust that the seller hasn't already sold those seats five or six times. I am going with the "Bird in the hand is worth two in bush" philosophy.

PostPosted: Mon July 29, 2013 7:44 pm 

broken iris wrote:
I agree with point one, that's how I got decent pavilion seats for PJ20, but am skeptical about point two. The proliferation of 'print at home' tickets means you have to have a high level of trust that the seller hasn't already sold those seats five or six times. I am going with the "Bird in the hand is worth two in bush" philosophy.

Well the main point was that if you were going the secondary market route, there is no point to doing it now rather than closer to the show. It won't be any riskier later, and the price will be lower.

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 7:34 am 

It just seems like fans overloaded Ticketmaster's site.

I had lower bowl seats for Pittsburgh and Charlotte and snagged seats for Philly as well. Three separate tabs open in my browser. After getting seats secured, I was bounced out of the system. Perhaps the site thought I was a bot because I was trying for multiple shows at the same time? Perhaps it just got bogged down with all of the traffic. After several tries and eventually seeing that tickets were no longer available, I kept trying and things opened up again and I got close to what I initially had.

There's always gonna be a way to see a show, even if you have to drive to a city without a ticket and find someone outside the venue looking to unload a seat.

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live