The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 503, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509 ... 729  Next
 Post subject: Re: MLB
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 10:42 am 
The Master

http://deadsp.in/nti0HMg

PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 9:33 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

It sounds like the Twins are close to agreeing to terms with Mike Napoli.

I’d be happy to add his bat. He’d basically be replacing Chris Giminez’s role in the clubhouse and be used as a platooning DH/1B and PH. I’ve always been a fan of Napoli so I really hope this happens. Chris Giminez seemed like a great dude/clubhouse guy too. I wish they could have kept him around but Napoli is obviously a massive upgrade with his power.

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 5:37 am 
mXn

spike wrote:
http://deadsp.in/nti0HMg

Gar.

PostPosted: Sun January 14, 2018 3:57 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Damn. Completely forgot about the Napoli thing. I wonder what’s happening with that.

Anywho... I think this one is basically a done deal, as it’s being reported on The MotherShip. The Twins have agreed with Addison Reed to a two-year contract.

That’s a big signing for a revamped Twins bullpen that was a weakness (especially after trading Brandon Kintzler) in 2017.

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 7:11 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Anyone want to talk about pace of play changes?

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 7:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

washing machine wrote:

i'd love to but it will probably take way too long..kinda like a baseball game these days

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 7:27 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:

i'd love to but it will probably take way too long..kinda like a baseball game these days

I'm all about the journey, not necessarily the destination. Kinda like a baseball game.

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 7:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:

I'm all about the journey, not necessarily the destination. Kinda like a baseball game.

lets set a time in the coming weeks and hammer through this..invite pete and we'll go through a bottle of brown online

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 7:40 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:

lets set a time in the coming weeks and hammer through this..invite pete and we'll go through a bottle of brown online

I really have nothing to say about it except that I like watching what everyone is doing on the field between pitches. I don't know that I'd have anything more to add, really.

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 7:43 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Plus I want Verlander (25.8 seconds average) to be free to do his thang.

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 7:49 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:

I really have nothing to say about it except that I like watching what everyone is doing on the field between pitches. I don't know that I'd have anything more to add, really.

you know when the catcher calls a quick time out to go talk to the pitcher? you'd be surprised to know that the conversation between them rarely has anything to about the game

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 7:53 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:

you know when the catcher calls a quick time out to go talk to the pitcher? you'd be surprised to know that the conversation between them rarely has anything to about the game

That doesn't surprise me at all. I remember a line in the Ken Burns doc (I think they were talking about Earl Weaver) when a pitcher said sometimes they'd just point at people in the crowd.

"See that girl in the red dress?"
"Yeah, skip?"
"Okay. Just wanted to know if you saw her or not. Now go pitch."

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 7:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:

That doesn't surprise me at all. I remember a line in the Ken Burns doc (I think they were talking about Earl Weaver) when a pitcher said sometimes they'd just point at people in the crowd.

"Yeah, skip?"

thats pretty much true..sometimes they remind each other to exchange recipes

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 7:57 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:

"Yeah, skip?"

Wait. Why don't they just exchange them right then and there?

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 8:01 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:
doug rr wrote:
washing machine wrote:

"Yeah, skip?"

Wait. Why don't they just exchange them right then and there?

they try to but then the ump intervenes, gets interested as well but then realizes he needs to get the game going again..thats why games last 4 hours now

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 8:05 pm 
Rank This Poster

I have no problem with the current pace of play, but I fully understand why it's important for the league to keep things moving at a reasonable rate.

Fun fact: over the course of a season, assuming 32 starts and 100 pitches per start, the difference between the pitcher with the slowest pace and the pitcher with the quickest pace amounts to a little over seven extra hours spend standing around on the mound doing nothing.

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 8:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

philpritchard wrote:
I have no problem with the current pace of play, but I fully understand why it's important for the league to keep things moving at a reasonable rate.

Fun fact: over the course of a season, assuming 32 starts and 100 pitches per start, the difference between the pitcher with the slowest pace and the pitcher with the quickest pace amounts to a little over seven extra hours spend standing around on the mound doing nothing.

Yeah, I understand it too. It's kind of a no-brainer if you're Manfred and MLB...especially as NFL ratings decline and the last three years of MLB playoffs have piqued the interest of casual fans (I would think.)

It's a tough but fun conversation for baseball purists. Kind of like vinyl versus MP3, or macro buyouts of craft beer, or Rothko versus Kinkade. Passion, uncompromised integrity and allegiance to values always clouds judgement. I'm looking forward to seeing how the two sides reconcile. Hopefully baseball is better for it.

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 9:04 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Here I am talking about pace of play and integrity of the great game of baseball when my team's stadium has a train running up and down the left field concourse (which I love) and these god awful Chick-Fil-A graphics running down what are known as "fowl" poles. Everyone's a hypocrite, eh?

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 9:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

washing machine wrote:
Here I am talking about pace of play and integrity of the great game of baseball when my team's stadium has a train running up and down the left field concourse (which I love) and these god awful Chick-Fil-A graphics running down what are known as "fowl" poles. Everyone's a hypocrite, eh?

do they do the chick-fil-A graphics on sunday games?

PostPosted: Fri January 19, 2018 9:44 pm 
Poster of the Year

I'm firmly on team pitch clock.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14561 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 503, 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509 ... 729  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports