The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 564, 565, 566, 567, 568, 569, 570 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 12:02 am 
Gone

Shabazz does seem like the type of player thibs would hate.

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 1:19 am 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:

Yeah, he's trash.

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 2:21 am 
Gone

Beer gut IT is having a wonderful night.

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 3:07 am 
10Club Complaint Department

verb_to_trust wrote:

Yeah, Thibs tolerated Shabazz last year when the team had less talent, and Shabazz played reasonably well. Thibs didn’t exercise his option after last season but signed him as a late addition to fill out the roster after Shabazz didn’t get any real offers in free agency. At the beginning of this season he played, but he was pretty terrible and the team sucked with him on the floor. It didn’t take long for Thibs to send him to the end of the bench. The only two games he’s played in since the beginning of December were both 25 point blowouts that he got into with less than five minutes to play. It’s safe to say Thibs pretty much hates him at this point.

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 5:17 am 

verb_to_trust wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Jimmy Butler is not even close to the MVP of the National Basketball Association.

For the last six weeks he has been close.

What does that even mean?

Verb, here is a great article by theRinger that explains what I meant. Seriously, read this.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1/8/ ... -thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 5:57 am 
Gone

I read it. Teague might as well retire when he comes back because Jimmy is point God now. He's also going to son Kat and Wiggins if they try and assert themselves from here on out now that he's had a stretch of good play. He's a manipulator. At the end of the day it's not enough though because while he can maneuver himself to the alpha role he isn't winning any championships.

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 6:20 am 

Well, I’m glad you read it. It at least illustrates what I was getting at when I said he’s been mvp caliber over the last six weeks. I know you hate him because of how things went down in Chicago, but he’s exactly what MN needed; an alpha male with the balls to say what needs to be said and the on court ability to back it up 100%. As for championships, as I see it there are maybe only 2-4 legit contenders in the entire league. And honestly, if the Warriors play close to their potential, there’s only one. For now, Wolves fans will be happy with a playoff appearance and a series win would be great. We’ll see how things develop from there.

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 2:58 pm 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
Well, I’m glad you read it. It at least illustrates what I was getting at when I said he’s been mvp caliber over the last six weeks. I know you hate him because of how things went down in Chicago, but he’s exactly what MN needed; an alpha male with the balls to say what needs to be said and the on court ability to back it up 100%. As for championships, as I see it there are maybe only 2-4 legit contenders in the entire league. And honestly, if the Warriors play close to their potential, there’s only one. For now, Wolves fans will be happy with a playoff appearance and a series win would be great. We’ll see how things develop from there.

Whatever, what's the point of even playing if you don't win the championship? It's why I never play pickup games.

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 3:02 pm 
Gone

Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Whatever, what's the point of even playing if you don't win the championship? It's why I never play pickup games.

Are you Filipino?

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 3:12 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Are you Filipino?

On my mother's mother's neighbor's great niece's side.

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 3:40 pm 
Gone

I love this Sun Times article where Jimmy is still going on and on about the Bulls and saying 'im not taking anything back so sue me'. What a douchebag. JiMVP indeed.

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 3:35 pm 
Gone

The Penguin is discussing KAT for Griffin trade. Makes sense since it's year three and KAT apparently just refuses to play defense.

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 3:53 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
The Penguin is discussing KAT for Griffin trade. Makes sense since it's year three and KAT apparently just refuses to play defense.

He's actually been a lot better in the last month or so.

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 4:13 pm 
Gone

Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

No he hasn't

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 5:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Celtics poised to end season as best young team in league history. I've watched probably 3/4 of this year's games and I've never been more excited about youth potential in Brown and Tatum. That trade with Philly is turning out to be another Danny special.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1/11 ... ylen-brown

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 5:44 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

No he hasn't

Number one in the league in plus/minus, top ten in defensive win shares, and top 25% in defensive rating since December 1st. He's not Hakeem by any stretch, but the numbers and the eye test demonstrate his improvement.

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 5:57 pm 
Gone

Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

No he hasn't

Number one in the league in plus/minus, top ten in defensive win shares, and top 25% in defensive rating since December 1st. He's not Hakeem by any stretch, but the numbers and the eye test demonstrate his improvement.

So he's tried for the last 6 games or whatever since he heard they were listening to trade offers? Cool.

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 7:12 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

No he hasn't

So he's tried for the last 6 games or whatever since he heard they were listening to trade offers? Cool.

December 1st bro.

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 7:53 pm 
Gone

Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

No he hasn't

December 1st bro.

He's a shit defender

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 8:07 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

No he hasn't

December 1st bro.

He's a shit defender

For most of his career, yes. Over the past month and a half, no.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 564, 565, 566, 567, 568, 569, 570 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports