The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bill Cosby's Pudding Pop & Other Sexual Assault Stuff
PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 4:53 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Michael Douglas:

Quote:
"I got a message from my attorney that The Hollywood Reporter wanted to do a story about an employee that worked for me approximately 32 years ago. She claims that, One, I used colorful language in front of her, not at her, but that I used colorful language. Two, she claims that in conversations I had in front of her, on the phone, that I spoke raunchily, or dirtily with friends of mine, in private conversations. I fired her eventually, for the work she was doing, but Three, she claims that I blackballed her from the industry and stopped her from getting another job. And then, Four, she claims that I masturbated in front of her."

"I pride myself of being so supportive of the women’s movement. My mother was an actress, and I myself married to an actress [Catherine Zeta Jones] and have been supportive of this movement wholeheartedly, through all my years. I was forced to look over my past. I’ve had up to 20 female executives who worked at my company in different areas over the years. Over 20 producers I partnered with on pictures have been women. Not to mention all the actresses I’ve worked with and the hundreds of performers. How am I, in a 50 year career in this industry, dealing with an employee 33 years ago who perhaps is disgruntled that I let her go, even though I have never heard from her in 32 years. And a legitimate trade publication is going to try and print this story? There is no corroboration, just that they found out somebody else might run the story."

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 5:33 pm 
The Master

The James Franco stuff seems...of questionable merit to me.

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 5:35 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

theplatypus wrote:
Michael Douglas:

Quote:
"I got a message from my attorney that The Hollywood Reporter wanted to do a story about an employee that worked for me approximately 32 years ago. She claims that, One, I used colorful language in front of her, not at her, but that I used colorful language. Two, she claims that in conversations I had in front of her, on the phone, that I spoke raunchily, or dirtily with friends of mine, in private conversations. I fired her eventually, for the work she was doing, but Three, she claims that I blackballed her from the industry and stopped her from getting another job. And then, Four, she claims that I masturbated in front of her."

"I pride myself of being so supportive of the women’s movement. My mother was an actress, and I myself married to an actress [Catherine Zeta Jones] and have been supportive of this movement wholeheartedly, through all my years. I was forced to look over my past. I’ve had up to 20 female executives who worked at my company in different areas over the years. Over 20 producers I partnered with on pictures have been women. Not to mention all the actresses I’ve worked with and the hundreds of performers. How am I, in a 50 year career in this industry, dealing with an employee 33 years ago who perhaps is disgruntled that I let her go, even though I have never heard from her in 32 years. And a legitimate trade publication is going to try and print this story? There is no corroboration, just that they found out somebody else might run the story."

That's not a denial.

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 5:37 pm 
The Master

Why do so many men get off on masturbating in front of uncomfortable women? What the fuck is that weird shit?

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 5:39 pm 
The Master

it's real simple: If a woman wants you to masturbate in front of her then its okay. If a woman does not want to watch you masturbate? Keep it in your pants.

Why is this difficult for men?

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 5:47 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

verb_to_trust wrote:
That NY senator thought he saw a green light for a kiss after a few drinks. His times up!

TIMES UP!

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 6:04 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
it's real simple: If a woman wants you to masturbate in front of her then its okay. If a woman does not want to watch you masturbate? Keep it in your pants.

When the power differential is huge, especially if one person is unaware of it, real consent can be difficult to determine. I'm not absolving anyone by saying that, but how would a superstar like Douglas (in his prime 30 years ago) know for sure?

Poster of the Year

Bi_3 wrote:
Strat wrote:

When the power differential is huge, especially if one person is unaware of it, real consent can be difficult to determine. I'm not absolving anyone by saying that, but how would a superstar like Douglas (in his prime 30 years ago) know for sure?

really?

Poster of the Year

if you're not sure, the consent isn't there

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 6:11 pm 
The Master

cutuphalfdead wrote:
if you're not sure, the consent isn't there

lol

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 6:14 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Strat wrote:

really?

Yeah. I know this will be asking a lot of you to consider something other than your knee jerk reaction, but imagine you are a wealthy, attractive, and successful celebrity that sleeps with beautiful women regularly. How would you know that any one of them in particular is saying yes that because they want really to vs because they feel pressured by economic motivators like career opportunities or because they are scared of physical violence or any one of a million other things? Even an affirmed "yes" can mean "yes, i have no choice".

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 6:21 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Strat wrote:

really?

Yeah. I know this will be asking a lot of you to consider something other than your knee jerk reaction, but imagine you are a wealthy, attractive, and successful celebrity that sleeps with beautiful women regularly. How would you know that any one of them in particular is saying yes that because they want really to vs because they feel pressured by economic motivators like career opportunities or because they are scared of physical violence or any one of a million other things? Even an affirmed "yes" can mean "yes, i have no choice".

"Economic motivators" Which come from rich powerful men in the industry taking advantage of their positions to get sexual gratification. Again, that is wrong, there is no nuance there. if that is something you dip your toes into, then consent isn't there. Consent is pretty obvious. Especially when it comes to masturbating in front of women. There really isn't nuance to be had when it comes to sexual predation.

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 6:21 pm 
The Master

"Hmm, she probably feels pressure to sleep with me, i should totally bang her and whip my dick out!"

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 6:22 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
"Hmm, she probably feels pressure to sleep with me, i should totally bang her and whip my dick out!"

How would you really know?

PostPosted: Thu January 11, 2018 8:44 pm 
AnalLog

theplatypus wrote:
Michael Douglas:

Quote:
"And then, Four, she claims that I masturbated in front of her."

this sounds more like it should be a 1 or 2 on the list, no?

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 12:43 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

gardenparty wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Michael Douglas:

Quote:

seriously

perhaps the the raunchy language was less pleasant than watching a sex symbol wank it

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 12:55 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

gardenparty wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Michael Douglas:

Quote:

Heh that was my thought.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri January 12, 2018 12:56 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Michael Douglas was king of the raunchy sex thrillers back then. Maybe he thought he was in an audition for a movie.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 1:48 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Here's a secret. No woman want to watch any man masturbate.

A girl asking you to do it, is only doing it b/c she thinks you want to. Just don't bother.

PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 2:03 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

B wrote:
Here's a secret. No woman want to watch any man masturbate.

A girl asking you to do it, is only doing it b/c she thinks you want to. Just don't bother.

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 96  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate