The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 183  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Kenobi (TBD)
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 12:05 am 
what on earth am I talking about

It’s happening. Almost sure of it. Might even get an announcement soon in the run up to Solo

PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 12:24 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
It’s happening. Almost sure of it. Might even get an announcement soon in the run up to Solo

Maybe. But Kennedy was to make an announcement this past summer which still hasn't happened.

I'd bet they'll wait to see how Solo performs before announcing anything. And if Solo disappoints... welp...

PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 12:25 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

But I gotta admit, seeing that beard on Ewan last night... got me needing this movie more than ever.

PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 1:13 pm 

If they manage to make Solo a fun summer blockbuster it could act as a palette cleanser and one that brings in a decent amount of money..they know it’s not gonna do a billion. But a decent opening weekend should give it legs from word of mouth.

Think you might be right though. They’re probably waiting to see how Solo does. At the same time several times we’ve heard they have multiple things in development. Safe to assume Kenobi is top of that list. I’d say it’s beyond development and into hiring. Let’s see.

PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 1:30 pm 

PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 1:33 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Nice. :)

PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 3:07 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
If they manage to make Solo a fun summer blockbuster it could act as a palette cleanser and one that brings in a decent amount of money..they know it’s not gonna do a billion. But a decent opening weekend should give it legs from word of mouth.

Think you might be right though. They’re probably waiting to see how Solo does. At the same time several times we’ve heard they have multiple things in development. Safe to assume Kenobi is top of that list. I’d say it’s beyond development and into hiring. Let’s see.

Oh, yeah. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff in development. And the fans actually seem to want a Kenobi movie (not the same majority clamoring for Solo). And obviously Ewan wants to do it. All signs point to go.

But if Solo actually under performs, that could put the kibosh on any future stand alone films, especially any based on characters from the OT like Kenobi.

I actually think there's a lot of validity behind the idea that Solo will be a palette cleanser and could actually restore some faith. It'll be a safe movie with easy yucks and big heart. Aldon has to deliver, that's key. But everything else about it feels safe, to me. We'll obviously all wait and see what happens.

Pretty stoked for the full marketing push and footage to drop.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:02 pm 

I Have a crazy idea. Obi wan has already met Ezra...what if he has to go rescue Him in the film? They can’t really kill Ezra in Rebels, which is coming to a close in March, and he’s the main character and it’s a kids show. He might just be a feature in the Obi wan film maybe?

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:06 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

dimejinky99 wrote:
I Have a crazy idea. Obi wan has already met Ezra...what if he has to go rescue Him in the film? They can’t really kill Ezra in Rebels, which is coming to a close in March, and he’s the main character and it’s a kids show. He might just be a feature in the Obi wan film maybe?

That could be kind of cool.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:06 pm 
The Master

Im not sure that is the story i'd love to see on the big screen.

But i have some catching up to do on Rebels etc.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:08 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Strat wrote:
Im not sure that is the story i'd love to see on the big screen.

But i have some catching up to do on Rebels etc.

Ezra has really grown in the past two seasons of Rebels. Might be a fun side adventure for obi wan while he is also babysitting Luke on Tatooine.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Would be very surprised if we get a major Rebels tie-in to this movie. However, I do hope it takes place after Revenge. Could be a great story to tell there.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:21 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I'd be super into that.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:22 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
Would be very surprised if we get a major Rebels tie-in to this movie. However, I do hope it takes place after Revenge. Could be a great story to tell there.

The only thing I can promise you with 100% certainty is that any Obi-Wan film that gets made by Disney will absolutely take place after RotS and before ANH.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:23 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I'd be super into that.

Especially if Kanan bites it. Ezras twisting in the wind needs a real master to finish his training &a events happen and obi wan has to save the day.

Would also allo them give a written in reason that Yoda and obi wan don’t seem to know Kanan and Ezra are out there. Yet Vader does

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:25 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:

The only thing I can promise you with 100% certainty is that any Obi-Wan film that gets made by Disney will absolutely take place after RotS and before ANH.

That is 100% certain

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:

Sounds good. I can see them doing something pre-TPM as well, but wouldn't be right for Ewan of course.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:30 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:

Sounds good. I can see them doing something pre-TPM as well, but wouldn't be right for Ewan of course.

No one else would care, but I'd be fine if the rest of Star Wars after closing out the 9 Saga Films is just Obi-Wan movies. I'm not even kidding. I want an Obi-Wan trilogy that takes place between Ep3 and Ep4. I want another Obi-Wan trilogy that takes place before TPM. Then I want another Obi-Wan trilogy that just explores his journey from living being to Force Ghost. And then I want an Obi-Wan trilogy that takes place between Ep2 and Ep3. I want 18 Obi-Wan trilogies. I want to know everything about the character. I want to know what his shits are like.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:33 pm 

Anders wrote:

Rebels takes place after Revenge, so it would work.

PostPosted: Wed January 10, 2018 8:34 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Anders wrote:

Rebels takes place after Revenge, so it would work.

Ezra could be a fun villain, too. Depending on where they take the character. He's always had a little bit of the dark side in him. So many options!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 183  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars