The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 6101



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 6343
Location: Oslo, Norway
Not crazy about the single on first listen, but always happy for new Pearl Jam. Hope it's a grower.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Sun January 07, 2018 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 6209
Boring cover.

Alive sounded quite good though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11833
Having listened a few times, I think this is one of my favourite PJ Christmas singles. I found the cover really enjoyable. Makes me long for a studio record that sounds half as good as these rehearsal recordings.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9249
nice to hear some guitar solos


"your father was dye-HHHHHHen"

but redeems himself on the "I can't remember"...


Krusen with some nice fills toward the end there!!

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51531
That is a very pleasant version of Alive

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 6:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5555
Kevin Davis wrote:


This is some solid RM’ing.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 1383
Location: CT
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
That is a very pleasant version of Alive


i get that's slower and more the pace of the album version - which is cool - but is ol' dave struggling to keep time in spots there?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14938
mmm i dont think he was struggling at all. Its more slow and groovy for sure.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66420
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
It'll make a pretty swell souvenir of that HoF show. :heartbeat:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:10 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15140
Location: Mizzou
durdencommatyler wrote:
It'll make a pretty swell souvenir of that HoF show. :heartbeat:


Still gloating that you were there and the rest of us peasants had to watch some shitty Periscope feed?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66420
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
It'll make a pretty swell souvenir of that HoF show. :heartbeat:


Still gloating that you were there and the rest of us peasants had to watch some shitty Periscope feed?

8-)

I get so very few perks in my life.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 18915
Location: Hunter
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
It'll make a pretty swell souvenir of that HoF show. :heartbeat:


Still gloating that you were there and the rest of us peasants had to watch some shitty Periscope feed?

8-)

I get so very few perks in my life.

This is a bald faced untruth.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66420
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
LetMeSleep wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
It'll make a pretty swell souvenir of that HoF show. :heartbeat:


Still gloating that you were there and the rest of us peasants had to watch some shitty Periscope feed?

8-)

I get so very few perks in my life.

This is a bald faced untruth.

That's fair. Thanks for keeping me in check. Emotions affect perception so much. And that was a shitty post. I've been super lucky.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6796
Location: unnamed mental hospital
this single is fun. it's nice to hear current day pearl jam actually play something "new" together (even if it's a cover). nice energy there.

and alive with krusen rules over all other versions. he gets it.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9249
i wish they’d do an Even Flow with Krusen. Slow, original style. tender, falling off the bone. juicy, flavorful

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14938
96583UP wrote:
i wish they’d do an Even Flow with Krusen. Slow, original style. tender, falling off the bone. juicy, flavorful

Oh that would be amazing...imagine if Krusen gets this guys to slow it down...and get that song´s groove back.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17800
Location: Seattle, WA
VinylGuy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
i wish they’d do an Even Flow with Krusen. Slow, original style. tender, falling off the bone. juicy, flavorful

Oh that would be amazing...imagine if Krusen gets this guys to slow it down...and get that song´s groove back.


"guys, you've been listening to this song on 45rpm for the last 20 years?? wtf??" ... **sets turntable to 33rpm**


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14938
bodysnatcher wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
96583UP wrote:
i wish they’d do an Even Flow with Krusen. Slow, original style. tender, falling off the bone. juicy, flavorful

Oh that would be amazing...imagine if Krusen gets this guys to slow it down...and get that song´s groove back.


"guys, you've been listening to this song on 45rpm for the last 20 years?? wtf??" ... **sets turntable to 33rpm**


¨guys this is also my song. Let do this¨

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The holiday single thread
PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed September 14, 2016 5:07 pm
Posts: 1457
Location: WI
Has everyone who expected to get a physical copy of this gotten theirs? 2016 was the only year I was in 10C but I'll be surprised if I actually receive one. And because I'm no longer a member I don't have access to the "download" section on the site. Cool fan club.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue October 23, 2018 3:26 am