The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 3:27 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

durdencommatyler wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
So I'm guessing, what, somewhere between 5 wide openings (realistic) and probably 8-10 being the upper limit, if there are a few retirements and surprise choices. Agree/disagree?

Seems about right, yeah. Though, I'm not as confident about Alex Smith as you are.

If they cut him this offseason, he only counts for like $3.6m on their cap. They could then try to wrangle a few key veterans and maximize the value of their young players before they owe them money. I mean, he could also retire and ride off into the sunset after they win the SB this February.

PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 3:43 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
So I'm guessing, what, somewhere between 5 wide openings (realistic) and probably 8-10 being the upper limit, if there are a few retirements and surprise choices. Agree/disagree?

Seems about right, yeah. Though, I'm not as confident about Alex Smith as you are.

If they cut him this offseason, he only counts for like $3.6m on their cap. They could then try to wrangle a few key veterans and maximize the value of their young players before they owe them money. I mean, he could also retire and ride off into the sunset after they win the SB this February.

There are a lot of options. Retirement, sure. But I don't see that unless they win the SB. He plays lights out in the playoffs and the Chiefs find a trade partner. This is super likely. Especially given how many teams need a good, veteran QB now. A team like the Browns comes to mind with John Dorsey now in the GM chair. Or even a team like Arizona that has a lot of pieces in place already and doesn't need to blow anything up.

I think the trade route is the most likely. I'm not 100% sure the Chiefs would cut Alex. He's Andy's guy. I know they're excited for the future with Mahomes but...

PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 4:22 pm 
Rank This Poster

I'm fairly convinced Buffalo is cutting ties with Taylor and they'll draft a QB. I think the Browns draft a QB. I think there will be a few teams that make a run for Cousins but who knows there. Washington will almost certainly franchise him because there's almost no way they get a deal done at this point, maybe a trade if the market is right. The Jets would be wise to get a veteran and draft some people around him.

I could see Alex Smith or Tyrod in Arizona. I guess I'm higher on Taylor than a lot of people.

Bradford is a good emergency pick but he's just not available enough to be other than a backup. I like Alex Smith in the same way really, more as a bridge guy for a team that drafts a QB.

Should be a fun first 2 rounds of the draft.

It's going to be hard to draft a QB this year with people like Saquon Barkley, Minka Fitzpatrick and Roquan Smith available. (yes I know QB is the most important position)

PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 9:25 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Ranking the playoff teams:

01. Patriots
02. Vikings
03. Steelers
04. Rams
05. Saints
06. Panthers
07. Falcons
08. Eagles
09. Chiefs
10. Jaguars
11. Titans
12. Bills

PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 9:33 pm 
AnalLog

The Browns should get a veteran QB, and give at least some stability to build around before drafting ANOTHER QB. That franchise has been so mismanaged for so long, id hate getting drafted by them. Of course there lies the problem, getting a FA QB to sign. So trading for someone like Smith or Cousins may actually be a great move for Cleveland.

PostPosted: Wed January 03, 2018 9:56 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

The thing is, the browns could get a QB and Barkley. That could make a young QB want to play there, having that guy in the backfield with you

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 1:04 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

cha bahkley

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 1:36 am 

The Vikings defense has been awesome at limiting the opponents best players to small numbers. This may be best shown in Xavier Rhodes and Harrison Smith shut down number one receivers. They typically have only a few catches for minimal yards, and they don’t score.

Check these numbers out:

TM Player. CAT/YRD/TD
GB J. Nelson. 9/71/0 (2 Games)
CIN A.J. Green. 2/30/0
ATL J. Jones. 2/24/0
PIT A. Brown. 5/62/0
NO. M. Thomas. 5/45/0

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 1:38 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Warning: Case Keenum may choke in the playoffs

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 1:43 am 

96583UP wrote:

Yeah, I’m fully aware. That’s why I’m so happy that the Vikings real strength is the D. They can and have won with less than thrilling performances by Case, but that’s a lot harder to do in the playoffs. If Case can be competent and make 4-5 important throws throughout the game, the Vikings are hard to beat. Can he do that? We’ll see.

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 1:51 am 
Future Drummer

PHATJ wrote:
The Vikings defense has been awesome at limiting the opponents best players to small numbers. This may be best shown in Xavier Rhodes and Harrison Smith shut down number one receivers. They typically have only a few catches for minimal yards, and they don’t score.

Check these numbers out:

TM Player. CAT/YRD/TD
CIN A.J. Green. 2/30/0
ATL J. Jones. 2/24/0
PIT A. Brown. 5/62/0
NO. M. Thomas. 5/45/0

Rhodes and Harrison Smith are legit scheme-transcendent players. The Vikings have done a fantastic job drafting guys on defense, it's really quite something.

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 1:58 am 

Orpheus wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Check these numbers out:

TM Player. CAT/YRD/TD
CIN A.J. Green. 2/30/0
ATL J. Jones. 2/24/0
PIT A. Brown. 5/62/0
NO. M. Thomas. 5/45/0

Rhodes and Harrison Smith are legit scheme-transcendent players. The Vikings have done a fantastic job drafting guys on defense, it's really quite something.

Everson Griffin is damn good too.

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 2:11 am 
Site Admin

PHATJ wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Check these numbers out:

TM Player. CAT/YRD/TD
CIN A.J. Green. 2/30/0
ATL J. Jones. 2/24/0
PIT A. Brown. 5/62/0
NO. M. Thomas. 5/45/0

Everson Griffin is damn good too.
It was so dumb that he irrationally fell to the 4th round after he had been projected as a 1st rounder most of his college career.

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 4:36 am 
AnalLog

PHATJ wrote:
96583UP wrote:

Yeah, I’m fully aware. That’s why I’m so happy that the Vikings real strength is the D. They can and have won with less than thrilling performances by Case, but that’s a lot harder to do in the playoffs. If Case can be competent and make 4-5 important throws throughout the game, the Vikings are hard to beat. Can he do that? We’ll see.

Pretty much the same thing us Eagle fans are saying. Hopefully this week off Foles can get some chemistry with Jeffery

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 1:22 pm 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:

Check these numbers out:

TM Player. CAT/YRD/TD
CIN A.J. Green. 2/30/0
ATL J. Jones. 2/24/0
PIT A. Brown. 5/62/0
NO. M. Thomas. 5/45/0

Davante Adams is better than Jordy Nelson.

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 3:12 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

numbers wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Are we picking wildcard winners yet?

Bills, Chiefs, Rams, Saints

Imma go...

Jags
Chiefs
Falcons
Saints

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 8:44 pm 
The Master

NFL viewership down 9.7 percent this season. Yeesh.

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 9:25 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Monkey_Driven wrote:

The product has been dreadful.

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 9:32 pm 
The Master

who's playing tonight? love me some tnf

PostPosted: Thu January 04, 2018 9:40 pm 
The Master

4/5 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

The product has been dreadful.

This. It doesn't help both New York teams and the Bears were awful. Two huge markets and shitty teams.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 109  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports