The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 555  Next

Well?
Loved it - among the best Star Wars Movies 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Really liked it, but not one of the best 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Liked it - it's Star Wars 28%  28%  [ 17 ]
Ehhh 35%  35%  [ 21 ]
I miss the prequels 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 60
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)
PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 6:36 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Don't be, Stip. The thing dime is referring to is sketchy at best. It comes from a story a fan told about approaching JJ at a bar or something. Not saying the guy's a liar but what's JJ really going to say to some fan before the script is even written?

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 6:39 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

durdencommatyler wrote:
Don't be, Stip. The thing dime is referring to is sketchy at best. It comes from a story a fan told about approaching JJ at a bar or something. Not saying the guy's a liar but what's JJ really going to say to some fan before the script is even written?

True. But in vino veritas.

He has said in record he sees it as the conclusion to the Skywalker saga so it goes into what he said to that guy

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 6:42 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

He has said in record he sees it as the conclusion to the Skywalker saga so it goes into what he said to that guy

I haven't seen him say that outside of that guy reporting it. But I'll take your word for it.

Johnson specifically said at a WGA screening that part of Rey behind no one wad intentionally about riding the saga of the chosen one prophecy.

So, Stip, I don't JJ is gonna double down on that in 9. If he's tying it all together it'll be in a more democratic manner, I bet.

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 6:44 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I haven't seen him say that outside of that guy reporting it. But I'll take your word for it.

Johnson specifically said at a WGA screening that part of Rey behind no one wad intentionally about riding the saga of the chosen one prophecy.

So, Stip, I don't JJ is gonna double down on that in 9. If he's tying it all together it'll be in a more democratic manner, I bet.

Rey finds out she’s the chosen one. Film over. It wouldn’t matter.

I hope we never hear of it again in any thing.

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 6:45 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

God, me too.

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 7:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I think JJ will make safer and more direct choices than Rian did, for sure. But I do not think he'll do a "soft reboot" Of RotJ either. I really think part of the reason he's coming back is to have a second chance at making "his" Star Wars movie. I think the criticism from fans about TFA got to him to a degree.

He did say he wishes he was directing 8 after reading the script.

Also said he’s going to tie it all up including the prequels so he’s clearly got a vision.
I’d be ok with a hard right turn back into a Star Wars we’re familiar with and he can do that without repeating ROTJ

I was reminded of Rian telling JJ to put R2 on the Falcon when I read that article about Rian writing the movie while they were filming TFA. If that hadn't been done, we wouldn't have had that scene with Luke and R2 and the Leia projection. Huh.

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 7:20 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I need new glasses. I read that as necromantic and was like woah, that's a new direction.

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 8:03 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 11:37 pm 

This film can only work as a time jump. So say ten years later.

So if rey has a new Jedi academy there has to be an opposing threat and sith or new paradigm sith under kylo to respond to it.

So they’ll basically be all teenagers.

So this means the final shift we saw in 8 and it being geared to a new younger audience will have their new Star Wars.

And we’ll all be old men outraged that it’s not our Star Wars anymore

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 11:39 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I think a two year gap seems just about perfect. It's enough time for some real shit to have gone down (off screen) but it's not so far away that we lose the consequences and impact of the events of TLJ.

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 11:46 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
I think a two year gap seems just about perfect. It's enough time for some real shit to have gone down (off screen) but it's not so far away that we lose the consequences and impact of the events of TLJ.

Only two? Oooh that’s risky. I know it never mattered in the ot but only two years after an immediate pick up in 8 is risky. They won’t deal with Carrie on screen. They’ll write her out on the crawl. That takes more than two years.

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 11:49 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Only two? Oooh that’s risky. I know it never mattered in the ot but only two years after an immediate pick up in 8 is risky. They won’t deal with Carrie on screen. They’ll write her out on the crawl. That takes more than two years.

Why? Leia could just as easily die the day after the events of TLJ as two years later as five years later. I don't think that's an issue at all.

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 11:50 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Im glad JJ is coming back for this one. Imagine if that Jurassic guy was still involved!!

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 11:51 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:haha:

PostPosted: Thu December 21, 2017 11:57 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
Im glad JJ is coming back for this one. Imagine if that Jurassic guy was still involved!!

Yeah I’m happy too. They guy that gave us lost is really the man we want giving us a meaningful intelligible worthy ending for the entire starwars saga.

*that was a joke.

*explaining myself now. Not paying joey overtime to explain my points anymore. There’s kids in India and bots in Russia I can get for a fraction of his rate.

PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 12:01 am 
Mind Your Tanners

VinylGuy wrote:

You know, I hadn't even thought of that. Consider where his story was going after what TLJ did. With how daring that was and how safe a choice JJ was...huh.

PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 12:14 am 

bune wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

You know, I hadn't even thought of that. Consider where his story was going after what TLJ did. With how daring that was and how safe a choice JJ was...huh.

I believe treverows story for 9 was written before carries death and her passing upended his involvement. Apparently he was upset and in tears when he got released from it. I would be too.

JJ is the safest and most capable man possible to land this trilogy especially after the turbulence the last Jedi has experienced.

Although I do think the last Jedi will eventually be regarded as the best of this trilogy and up there with empire, we need a good competent skillmaster to take this back into safe airspace and land it safely.

PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 12:17 am 
jeeeesus relax already

I agree with Dime.

Also, Dime have you seen what i sent you? PM?

PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 12:23 am 

VinylGuy wrote:
I agree with Dime.

Also, Dime have you seen what i sent you? PM?

I did! Thank you! I haven’t watched. I’m off and avoiding those guys until They pay me what they owe. Or until I’m watching their poor excuse note for not having a new album movie and will watch after.

Thank you though much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri December 22, 2017 2:18 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Bobby Moynihan was on Collider Jedi Council and he told a story about Daisy and Colin Trevorrow at an SNL party. Daisy apparently asked Colin "what happens to me in the next one?" Colin asked if she really wanted to do this now, she said yes. They went into the corner & Colin whispered in her ear. Bobby couldn't hear what was said but he said that Daisy was in tears. She apparently really loved where Colin was taking Rey.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11095 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 555  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars