The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: General public ticket sales for Fall tour
PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 3:30 pm 
Future Drummer

Tickets went on sale today...for the Pearl Jam Barclays center shows. I've never seen Pearl Jam live before, as I only got majorly into them two years ago. I had heard their hits before, but then started listening to the Pearl Jam radio station and they quickly became my favorite band. I knew Jeremy, Even Flow, Alive, and especially Black were great, but now began to hear songs like Elderly Woman, Rearviewmirror, Dissident, Nothingman, Off he Goes, Do the Evolution, Better Man, and other songs that while pretty big hits admittedly I had never really heard before. And then that led to listening to all of their albums over and over. And of course listening to all their live shows that play on Pearl Jam Radio which were amazing, especially from the 2006 era. I couldn't wait to go see them myself.

I got up at 10AM to get tickets to the 10/19 Barclays show, night 2. I got in right away and was thrilled to see I got two seats in section 223. Sure it'd be great to be even closer but at least I got tickets! I hit 'continue' to buy the tickets, and then instead of asking for my credit card information I see the page says that there was "trouble processing my order". I see the 'return to previous page' button and think "Oh, okay, I just hit this and then I can go re-try to buy these tickets I got."

But no.

The tickets are gone :(. It brings me to search but they're sold out by now because I had to wait for over five minutes of the thing searching for tickets to even get those. I hate ticketmaster, finding tickets for me and then losing them. Of course it's completely sold out now. There's some on stubhub and ebay but I can't pay 500 dollars a ticket and neither can my friend who was planning to go with me.

The people at ticketmaster were able to get me two seats to 10/18 in section 221, which was nice because I can at least see them even if i'm in the nosebleeds. But I really was looking forward to Night 2 and was hoping to see both nights. And there's nothing for night 2 anymore.

Anyways I had to vent because I'm disappointed...if any of you guys happen to be selling two extra tickets for night 2 for some reason send me a message or something. But it seems I won't be seeing them that night. :(

Post subject: Re: Ticketmaster....I hate you :(
PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 3:32 pm 
Rank This Poster

That sucks . Hopefully you find a solution. Good luck! :peace:

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 3:39 pm 
The worst

Same experience with night 1. :(

Ruddo, figure out what to do with this thread...

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 3:49 pm 
A Return To Form

I swear if I ever win it big, I'll rent the band for a week so everybody can see them. Hell, I'll even buy everyone an extra copy of Riot Act ( I just shuddered a little).

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 3:55 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Same exact thing happened to me for the Pittsburgh show. I had 3 tickets...section 221, row H seas 1,2,3...then there was an error, I refreshed and the show was sold out. Unreal.

Post subject: 3rd party ticket vendors
PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 5:14 pm 
mXn

OK seriously how do these ticket broker sites have dozens of non 10C seats available for "resale" 2 minutes after Ticketmaster sells out?

Do they buy in huge bulk before public sales or what?? So pissed.

I got tix to all the shows I wanted... but so pissed.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 5:36 pm 
Future Drummer

And now I find out that the tickets they got me on the 18th, were not in the section they said. They said it was 221, it was actually 231. Which is BEHIND the stage. So now I have nothing for the 19th and two tickets behind the stage for the 18th which cost just as much as a front row seat since every ticket was the same price.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 5:38 pm 
Commissioner

mikejasond wrote:
And now I find out that the tickets they got me on the 18th, were not in the section they said. They said it was 221, it was actually 231. Which is BEHIND the stage. So now I have nothing for the 19th and two tickets behind the stage for the 18th which cost just as much as a front row seat since every ticket was the same price.

Behind the stage in an arena are some of the best seats in the house. You should be psyched.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 5:42 pm 
Future Drummer

Won't I not even be able to see?

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 5:43 pm 
AnalLog

The same thing happened to me for the Portland show - I had section 103 in a low row, and I went to the checkout page, it idled for 10 minutes then kicked me out. I had to try for 20 minutes and I finally got a 100 level seat - thank god PJ aren't as big in the NW as they are in the NE.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 5:47 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

We've been there. Don't give up all hope for the 19th yet. Sometimes ticketmaster releases more tix closer to the show date. And sometimes you can get them from the box office the same day. You could also buy them from scalpers, prices will drop if you just wait outside of the arena as the shows starting.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 5:53 pm 
Commissioner

mikejasond wrote:

Nah, you'll be able to see everything. You have a better view of the band interaction (especially the way the guys interact with Matt), which is always cool. It'll be pretty great. I'd rather be behind the stage than in the back 1/3 of the arena any day.

Post subject: Re: 3rd party ticket vendors
PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 6:05 pm 
The worst

more ruddo practice

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 6:10 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I've never sat behind the stage, but I've seen some vids shot from back there and you actually do have a really good view and generally it looks like the crowd has a really good time back there.

As for night two, check ticketmaster every day. Tickets do occasionally show up due to radio stations or bands or corporations releasing holds on certain blocks. And if nothing else, you're already there for night one so you should just show up on night two. I've gone to several Pearl Jam shows where I showed up with no tickets and bought them from the box office day of show for a show that had been sold out. And they're generally pretty good seats. This was in the pre-stubhub days, but I think if you're persistent, you'll find yourself some tickets for face value.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 6:40 pm 
Future Drummer

I mean I guess in smaller arenas but every show I've seen at Barclays on youtube looks like they have giant screens and things in back.....

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 7:05 pm 
A Return To Form

Lament wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Nah, you'll be able to see everything. You have a better view of the band interaction (especially the way the guys interact with Matt), which is always cool. It'll be pretty great. I'd rather be behind the stage than in the back 1/3 of the arena any day.

No idea about right behind the stage, but last one I was beside, but more towards the back of the stage. Of the 9 times I've seen them, that was by far my best experience. Seeing the band that close makes for an incredible time, and we were fortunate enough to have Eddie come within 5 feet of us when he gave a tambourine to a couple beside us. Eddie had cut his hand on it, and there was some fresh blood.....the couple were quite excited......possibly a little too excited, but they let us hold it as well, which was cool.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 7:15 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

I got the same "trouble processing order" message for Worcester before getting knocked out. Eventually got one. I was really hoping for a second show since I have to travel up for it. I wanted to go there since I've seen them in NY & Philly but not Boston. I know, but it's close enough for me to count it.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 7:30 pm 
Future Drummer

Well I bought section 114 for $135 dollars a ticket on stubhub for 10/19...

A little worried. It seems too good to be true. That's less than double the price of the tickets, and way less than anything else on stubhub. Did I get lucky or is this somehow going to be something wrong with the ticket?

Last edited by mikejasond on Sat July 27, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 7:48 pm 
AnalLog

I feel bad for those who didn't get tickets, I hope you find an avenue to see the show you're looking to see...you know, so actual real fans can get to watch a band they enjoy.

I can't begin to express my hatred for Ticketmaster, as I imagine many others feel the same. Between the refreshing, bank verification hangups, fucking bot bullshit, etc. I'm a pretty easy going person, but one thing that sets me off immediately is buying tickets for a show, tempers were flaring this morning. First world problems, haha.

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 8:41 pm 
Future Drummer

So... with the TM/LN mobile app you can store your credit card and you bypass the captchas. Thought this was common knowledge or I would have posted it. :(

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live