The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Season
PostPosted: Sat December 16, 2017 2:38 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
Well, screw you guys.

I'm pulling for ol Tom to get another ring

Yeah, that guy deserves a break.

PostPosted: Sat December 16, 2017 2:48 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Green Habit wrote:
PHATJ has been a very consistent Minneapolis sports fan from the posts that I can recall.

Always have been, always will be.

PostPosted: Sat December 16, 2017 3:48 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm just tired of seeing the same teams all the time. I think I'd be more excited for a Jags v Vikings Super Bowl than a Pats or Steelers v Seahawks. But I have no idea if others share that or not.

For my own personal reasons I'm rooting for a Chiefs v Eagles Super Bowl. High drama with Andy Reid and all that. Second would be a Chiefs v Vikings Super Bowl because I like the poetry of that (since they've met in the SB before). Beyond that, I'm really pulling for anyone in the AFC that isn't Pats or Steelers.

I do love the Vikes this year, though. They've got a real shot at this thing. If they make it to the dance (and aren't playing against the Chiefs) I'll absolutely been team Vikings.

Im tired of the same teams as well. Big market, and big money gets championships in almost every sport. Its not really exciting for me anymore.

Though, last years Super Bowl was an incredible watch.

All New England has done is provide incredibly nail biting and sometimes historic Super Bowls.

The wins over the Rams, Eagles, and Panthers were all close games after several years of NFC blowouts.

The losses to the Giants both satisfied Patriots haters and were good games.

And then you have the recent wins over Seattle and Atlanta, both close games that ended on the final play and one being the first OT in Super Bowl history.

So, yeah, I'm getting so sick of New England making everything so boring in the Super Bowl. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat December 16, 2017 6:03 pm 
Rank This Poster

Coach wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm just tired of seeing the same teams all the time. I think I'd be more excited for a Jags v Vikings Super Bowl than a Pats or Steelers v Seahawks. But I have no idea if others share that or not.

For my own personal reasons I'm rooting for a Chiefs v Eagles Super Bowl. High drama with Andy Reid and all that. Second would be a Chiefs v Vikings Super Bowl because I like the poetry of that (since they've met in the SB before). Beyond that, I'm really pulling for anyone in the AFC that isn't Pats or Steelers.

I do love the Vikes this year, though. They've got a real shot at this thing. If they make it to the dance (and aren't playing against the Chiefs) I'll absolutely been team Vikings.

Im tired of the same teams as well. Big market, and big money gets championships in almost every sport. Its not really exciting for me anymore.

All New England has done is provide incredibly nail biting and sometimes historic Super Bowls.

The wins over the Rams, Eagles, and Panthers were all close games after several years of NFC blowouts.

And then you have the recent wins over Seattle and Atlanta, both close games that ended on the final play and one being the first OT in Super Bowl history.

So, yeah, I'm getting so sick of New England making everything so boring in the Super Bowl. :lol:

It’s not even the teams fault or the results, it’s the damn terrible broadcasting. The same story, the same old bs, Tom Brady backing up Brian Griese, being 100 lbs and looking like crap at the combine, coming in for Bledsoe, Belichick....Parcells, Browns.......nothing original nothing different....where oh where will they hang the banners.... Tom Brady is good because he sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber fucks actresses and supermodels and eats Avocado toast....he just outworks everyone......Oh hey did you know Tom Brady was a 6th round pick?......... and let’s go sawks......Nomah Gaaaaciaparra.

The games they’ve been in are excellent. The media and the opposition coaching has been a grease fire.

“You know John...you just can’t bet against Brady and Bellicheck in these games, I’d say Pats 49-the field 12.”

PostPosted: Sat December 16, 2017 6:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I only watch the local TV pregame, halftime, and postgame shows here in NE, so the media here do not cover those angles, which as you correctly noted have been firmly established.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 1:38 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

maybe LAC v. KC will be a decent game

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 5:39 am 
AnalLog

Coach wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

And most people I know, were actually pulling for them against the Rams. Most people were sick of the "greatest show on turf" crap.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 6:42 am 
10Club Complaint Department

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Coach wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

And most people I know, were actually pulling for them against the Rams. Most people were sick of the "greatest show on turf" crap.

:wave:

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 1:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Coach wrote:
Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Rams among the most overrated teams with that "show," really any offense loaded team gets ways overblown in the media like Peyton and the Colts.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 6:25 pm 
Gone

I miss Bronto Brett

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 6:35 pm 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
I miss Bronto Brett

hopefully he'll be there in cleanup duty later.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 7:23 pm 
The Master

great pass and play by cobb for the end of half score, but all i wanted was the camera to find rodgers afterwards cuz it looked like he went down hard. he walked off so hopefully okay.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 8:55 pm 
The Master

welp

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 9:11 pm 
The Master

:!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 9:43 pm 
The Master

fuck. go falcons tomorrow so the packers sit rodgers the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 9:46 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

God knows I have every reason in the world to hate the Steelers. And I do. But I goddamn LOVE Antonio Brown. I love watching him play. He is to me what Tom Brady is to so many others.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 10:08 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

durdencommatyler wrote:
God knows I have every reason in the world to hate the Steelers. And I do. But I goddamn LOVE Antonio Brown. I love watching him play. He is to me what Tom Brady is to so many others.

Well, now what are you going to do with the rest of your evening?

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 10:08 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Well, now what are you going to do with the rest of your evening?

Weep. Like every Sunday, I'll just weep.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 10:09 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I never expected Pitt to win this game. But that sucks. Wow.

This season has been an evil bastard.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 10:16 pm 
The Master

hahahaha fml. he's on my ff team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 109  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports