The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 96  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bill Cosby's Pudding Pop & Other Sexual Assault Stuff
PostPosted: Wed December 13, 2017 9:11 pm 
Thread Killer

Shit.....

Santa steps down after 100's of children accuse him of asking them to sit on his lap and then asking if they have been naughty. Mrs Claus spotted in Florida sans wedding band...

PostPosted: Thu December 14, 2017 3:11 am 
Future Drummer

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 1:09 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

What are we bored with this now? Build the pyres higher!

Tavis Smiley
Morgan Spurlock
some congressman who killed himself.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 1:15 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Does anyone have a red line in the sand, a celebrity or public figure that--if you heard they were a sexual predator/serial harasser/etc.--you'd lose faith in basically everything and want to curl up and die?

My wife told me it was Paul F. Thompkins for her, so I waited a few days and then began a conversation with, "Honey...did you hear about Paul F. Thompkins?" to watch a wave of horror go over her face. Marriage is fun.

PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 1:40 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Oh that guy has definitely forced someone to watch him masturbate.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 1:44 am 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
What are we bored with this now? Build the pyres higher!

some congressman who killed himself.

Seems like a normal kinda guy

PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 1:46 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Simple Torture wrote:
Does anyone have a red line in the sand, a celebrity or public figure that--if you heard they were a sexual predator/serial harasser/etc.--you'd lose faith in basically everything and want to curl up and die?

My wife told me it was Paul F. Thompkins for her, so I waited a few days and then began a conversation with, "Honey...did you hear about Paul F. Thompkins?" to watch a wave of horror go over her face. Marriage is fun.

I would be sad if some in the band had committed assault. I guess that’s pretty selfish though.

PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 2:04 am 
The Master

Tom Hanks, of course. Or Steven Spielberg.

PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 2:43 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bill Cosby

glad he was vindicated by a court of law

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 2:49 am 

John McAfee

PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 2:54 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
John McAfee 2020

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 3:35 pm 
AnalLog

I think we should all operate under the assumption that people are people, and are capable of abhorrent behavior at any time for any reason, and therefore shouldn't buy into a character the media sells you that you then put on a pedestal.

Chris Cornell's suicide really changed the way I look at the world.

PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 9:25 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Better pass tax reform ASAP!

PostPosted: Sat December 16, 2017 4:33 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 2:33 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Chris Matthews.

Also, can some explain What Matt Damon said that was so bad? I’m not giving buzzfeed the satisfaction of clicking on that link

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 3:18 pm 
Gone

He just seems really tone deaf on the subject and kind of minimized the actions of CK.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 3:20 pm 
The Master

This is the same guy that said diversity only needs to be in front of the camera, not behind it, so I'm not surprised that he's making dense comments about this.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 3:29 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

ABC had it...

Quote:
Peter Travers: We live now in a different age, in a political age. There’s a lot of dissidence that goes on in the world that could affect you as an actor. We’re also in the age of people charged with sexual misconduct. This is everywhere. How do you react to that? Especially you, as the father of four girls.

Matt Damon: I think we’re in this watershed moment. I think it’s great. I think it’s wonderful that women are feeling empowered to tell their stories, and it’s totally necessary … I do believe that there’s a spectrum of behavior, right? And we’re going to have to figure — you know, there’s a difference between, you know, patting someone on the butt and rape or child molestation, right? Both of those behaviors need to be confronted and eradicated without question, but they shouldn’t be conflated, right? You know, we see somebody like Al Franken, right? — I personally would have preferred if they had an Ethics Committee investigation, you know what I mean? It’s like at what point — you know, we’re so energized to kind of get retribution, I think.

And we live in this culture of outrage and injury, and, you know, that we’re going to have to correct enough to kind of go, “Wait a minute. None of us came here perfect.” You know what I mean? … The Louis C.K. thing, I don’t know all the details. I don’t do deep dives on this, but I did see his statement, which kind of, which [was] arresting to me. When he came out and said, “I did this. I did these things. These women are all telling the truth.” And I just remember thinking, “Well, that’s the sign of somebody who — well, we can work with that” … Like, when I’m raising my kids, this constant personal responsibility is as important as anything else they learn before they go off in the world.

And the fear for me is that right now, we’re in this moment where at the moment — and I hope it doesn’t stay this way — the clearer signal to men and to younger people is, deny it. Because if you take responsibility for what you did, your life’s going to get ruined …

I mean, look, as I said, all of that behavior needs to be confronted, but there is a continuum. And on this end of the continuum where you have rape and child molestation or whatever, you know, that’s prison. Right? And that’s what needs to happen. OK? And then we can talk about rehabilitation and everything else. That’s criminal behavior, and it needs to be dealt with that way. The other stuff is just kind of shameful and gross, and I just think … I don’t know Louis C.K.. I’ve never met him. I’m a fan of his, but I don’t imagine he’s going to do those things again. You know what I mean? I imagine the price that he’s paid at this point is so beyond anything that he — I just think that we have to kind of start delineating between what these behaviors are.

That's not an unreasonable take on it.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 3:56 pm 
The Master

Seems strawmanish. He says we need to differentiate between rape and what Franken or CK did, but no one's suggested they be locked up, just shamed.

PostPosted: Sun December 17, 2017 5:04 pm 
Future Drummer

Bi_3 wrote:
ABC had it...

Quote:
Peter Travers: We live now in a different age, in a political age. There’s a lot of dissidence that goes on in the world that could affect you as an actor. We’re also in the age of people charged with sexual misconduct. This is everywhere. How do you react to that? Especially you, as the father of four girls.

Matt Damon: I think we’re in this watershed moment. I think it’s great. I think it’s wonderful that women are feeling empowered to tell their stories, and it’s totally necessary … I do believe that there’s a spectrum of behavior, right? And we’re going to have to figure — you know, there’s a difference between, you know, patting someone on the butt and rape or child molestation, right? Both of those behaviors need to be confronted and eradicated without question, but they shouldn’t be conflated, right? You know, we see somebody like Al Franken, right? — I personally would have preferred if they had an Ethics Committee investigation, you know what I mean? It’s like at what point — you know, we’re so energized to kind of get retribution, I think.

And we live in this culture of outrage and injury, and, you know, that we’re going to have to correct enough to kind of go, “Wait a minute. None of us came here perfect.” You know what I mean? … The Louis C.K. thing, I don’t know all the details. I don’t do deep dives on this, but I did see his statement, which kind of, which [was] arresting to me. When he came out and said, “I did this. I did these things. These women are all telling the truth.” And I just remember thinking, “Well, that’s the sign of somebody who — well, we can work with that” … Like, when I’m raising my kids, this constant personal responsibility is as important as anything else they learn before they go off in the world.

And the fear for me is that right now, we’re in this moment where at the moment — and I hope it doesn’t stay this way — the clearer signal to men and to younger people is, deny it. Because if you take responsibility for what you did, your life’s going to get ruined …

I mean, look, as I said, all of that behavior needs to be confronted, but there is a continuum. And on this end of the continuum where you have rape and child molestation or whatever, you know, that’s prison. Right? And that’s what needs to happen. OK? And then we can talk about rehabilitation and everything else. That’s criminal behavior, and it needs to be dealt with that way. The other stuff is just kind of shameful and gross, and I just think … I don’t know Louis C.K.. I’ve never met him. I’m a fan of his, but I don’t imagine he’s going to do those things again. You know what I mean? I imagine the price that he’s paid at this point is so beyond anything that he — I just think that we have to kind of start delineating between what these behaviors are.

That's not an unreasonable take on it.

I agree but I'm Canadian.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 96  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate