The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 433, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439 ... 1306  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 45th POTUS - Donald J. Trump
PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 12:32 am 
Mind Your Tanners

My new Year's Resolution (I know it's December) is that I will post more tweets than McP.

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 12:34 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

96583UP wrote:
bune wrote:

Huh.

he forgot the part about Russian interference tho

The context helps. He had traveled through time and was at a high school dance, trying to get his parents back together after a terrible mishap. Then he looked around at all the shit Americans were packing onto themselves, picked up a corded phone, and said "Hey Vlad remember that movie sequence that gave white people credit for rock 'n' roll well this is like that but you're gonna love it."

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 1:02 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

McParadigm wrote:
96583UP wrote:
bune wrote:

Huh.

he forgot the part about Russian interference tho

The context helps. He had traveled through time and was at a high school dance

What was Roy Moore's tux like?

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 3:00 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Trump moving the U.S. embassy in Israel. Obviously he wants to destabilize the region more, but why the fuck?

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 3:01 am 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Trump moving the U.S. embassy in Israel. Obviously he wants to destabilize the region more, but why the fuck?

War time presidents get reelected.

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 3:56 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

This Roy Moore thing really is a bit of a Republican civil war now. But the more level-headed side is way, way outnumbered.

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 4:03 am 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
This Roy Moore thing really is a bit of a Republican civil war now. But the more level-headed side is way, way outnumbered.

How so? I haven't seen much of an uproar about him? All i hear is "alabama will decide", so i dont get this "civil war" thing.

Everyone is staying silent enough so they can be wishy washy when it comes time to pay the the piper.

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 4:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

How so? I haven't seen much of an uproar about him? All i hear is "alabama will decide", so i dont get this "civil war" thing.

Everyone is staying silent enough so they can be wishy washy when it comes time to pay the the piper.

A Republican conflict would have to be at 11 to carry over into the public sphere. Right now republican leadership is toeing a line and seeing who is left that would follow them, so that's a thing, but below that a LOT of the party's campaign managers, messaging people, intellectual leadership, real journalists, and analysts are openly speaking with distain. That's not a group that gets much say, but they're expensive to lose...especially en mass.

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 4:25 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Devin Nunes would win awards if he was portraying a man who has been told the date of his death.

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 4:27 am 
The Master

McParadigm wrote:
Strat wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

A Republican conflict would have to be at 11 to carry over into the public sphere. Right now republican leadership is toeing a line and seeing who is left that would follow them, so that's a thing, but below that a LOT of the party's campaign managers, messaging people, intellectual leadership, real journalists, and analysts are openly speaking with distain. That's not a group that gets much say, but they're expensive to lose...especially en mass.

Yea, well it all comes down to 2018 and they are getting their tax bill through and we all know what that means to republicans....

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 5:42 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

God I hate stip

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 11:58 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

I was watching him announced that he was undoing those Utah Federal monuments. The thing that infuriates me so much about him is that he just doesn't know what he's talking about and doesn't give a shit. He doesn't explain why he made the decision and recognize those that feel the other way. I mean shit, "I understand other feel differently, but the evidence points to the fact that this is better for Americans and Utah citizens."

No, he says, "When they told me how many acres these were, I said, 'what?' I'm a real estate guy. We gotta open that stuff up!"

:cry:

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 1:30 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Recklessly picking a fight for no reason, other than to make a few evangelical types happy.

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 1:47 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Recklessly picking a fight for no reason, other than to make a few evangelical types happy.

It's an opening bid he knows he won't get, same thing he's done everywhere. He treats diplomacy like a toddler arguing about bed time.

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 2:04 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

This Jerusalem thing is worse than many know or care to know. The Palestinians will now have unlimited backing from Iran and others.

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 2:07 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Meanwhile the WSJ board effectively endorses Jones...
Wall Street Journal Editorial Board wrote:
A GOP victory in Alabama may be more costly than a defeat.

Republicans have an unusual political problem in Alabama: Their candidate may win.

We’re talking about Roy Moore, who is neck-and-neck in the polls against Democratic candidate and former U.S. Attorney Doug Jones for the Senate seat vacated by Jeff Sessions. By now there cannot be a soul in America unaware of allegations that, as a 30-something assistant district attorney, Mr. Moore had inappropriate sexual contact with underage girls, including one as young as 14...

...conservative writer Bret Stephens is done....
Quote:
New York Times columnist Bret Stephens declared he can never vote Republican again because of the party's backing of Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore.

"Until last year, I voted Republican in every single election," Stephens told MSNBC anchor Stephanie Ruhle. The exception, he's previously said, was that he did not back Donald Trump for president.

...and Republicans snap back at Brannon's Romney attacks at Moore rally (specifically made in response to Romney's anti-Moore stance):

Last edited by McParadigm on Wed December 06, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 2:27 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

LOL

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 3:21 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Sub-tweeting Time magazine:

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 4:25 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
This Jerusalem thing is worse than many know or care to know. The Palestinians will now have unlimited backing from Iran and others.

The US/Israel/Saudi vs Iran/Shia thing has been fighting proxy wars for years. I'm not sure how this really shifts things besides unnecessarily pissing of the arab community.

PostPosted: Wed December 06, 2017 5:13 pm 
post-structuralist

Bi_3 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

The US/Israel/Saudi vs Iran/Shia thing has been fighting proxy wars for years. I'm not sure how this really shifts things besides unnecessarily pissing of the arab community.

because the arab community always has a rational, even handed way of disagreeing with the beliefs and actions of other countries... Especially the US, yeah?

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 433, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439 ... 1306  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate