The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars X-XII (Rian Johnson 20??)
PostPosted: Tue November 28, 2017 3:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

B wrote:
Anders wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Hopefully some good movies in there.

I wish they'd slow this down. We don't need annual Star Warsing.

God...my dad's accent had me reading this as "warshing"

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 4:04 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm not sure if this has been talked about in any of the Star Wars threads yet but...

Arrival and Blade Runner: 2049’s Denis Villeneuve open to directing Star Wars film
Quote:
“It’s something that, again it’s like, I would be intrigued,” Villeneuve said after the hosts inquired as to his interest. “I don’t know, it’s very difficult. What is dangerous with Star Wars right now is its become its own vocabulary. I would love to see them — I think Rogue One was a very interesting attempt to get out of the mold.”

He added, “I think it would be a great idea to get out of there and to go on a new part of the galaxy, that I would be open to.”

- per Consequences of Sound. But I know I've seen this mentioned on the internet elsewhere before. Did I already weigh in on this? I can't remember. But I just want to officially say (or restate?) that I'd be 1000000000% on board with this. :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Maybe Rian taps him for his new trilogy? I mean...

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 4:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Sounds like a Marvel thing he's talking about where you can make a movie but it had better be what they want it to be. None of this Alfonso Cuarón / Prisoner of Azkaban stuff going on.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 4:13 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been talked about in any of the Star Wars threads yet but...

Arrival and Blade Runner: 2049’s Denis Villeneuve open to directing Star Wars film
Quote:
“It’s something that, again it’s like, I would be intrigued,” Villeneuve said after the hosts inquired as to his interest. “I don’t know, it’s very difficult. What is dangerous with Star Wars right now is its become its own vocabulary. I would love to see them — I think Rogue One was a very interesting attempt to get out of the mold.”

He added, “I think it would be a great idea to get out of there and to go on a new part of the galaxy, that I would be open to.”

- per Consequences of Sound. But I know I've seen this mentioned on the internet elsewhere before. Did I already weigh in on this? I can't remember. But I just want to officially say (or restate?) that I'd be 1000000000% on board with this. :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Man, this would be awesome. And it sounds like he gets what they were doing with R1.

Hasn't he committed to the Dune reboot though? That could be a lengthy undertaking.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 5:23 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

It seems from his quote he’d definitely want to do his own thing and wouldn’t appreciate even the broad stroke guidelines LFL would give him to operate in. So as much as I’d love to see him do it I doubt it would happen. Arrival was probably my favourite film last year and I think he’d be a perfect pick for obi wan or a story set somewhere different perhaps even separate to Rians trilogy. Who knows.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 10:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bune wrote:
Sounds like a Marvel thing he's talking about where you can make a movie but it had better be what they want it to be. None of this Alfonso Cuarón / Prisoner of Azkaban stuff going on.

:?

Right. DON'T make the best version of a thing. Got it.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 10:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Quote:

Man, this would be awesome. And it sounds like he gets what they were doing with R1.

Hasn't he committed to the Dune reboot though? That could be a lengthy undertaking.

Yep. Dune is next. And they still want him for a Bond film at some point, it seems. So this could be down the line. Which is why it makes perfect sense for him to do one of these new Rian Johnson trilogy films. Let Rian write/direct the first one. Then write/produce/grandfather/oversee the next two directors. I'm all for it.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 10:30 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
It seems from his quote he’d definitely want to do his own thing and wouldn’t appreciate even the broad stroke guidelines LFL would give him to operate in. So as much as I’d love to see him do it I doubt it would happen. Arrival was probably my favourite film last year and I think he’d be a perfect pick for obi wan or a story set somewhere different perhaps even separate to Rians trilogy. Who knows.

:shock:

I hadn't even considered him for the Obi-Wan movie... GOTdamn!!!

Yeah, let's do that. Please and thank you.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 10:35 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Did you read his answer though? He really only seems interested if it’s a story way away from the established universe. I feel Like he’s kinda like Nolan. Too determined to his own thing and put his own stamp on it to be part of a saga or even expanded storytelling film.

Still though. He’d fuckin nail obi wan. Arrival revolves completely around that one central character and she brings it under his direction. Imagine him doing this with Ewan.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 10:41 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
bune wrote:

:?

Right. DON'T make the best version of a thing. Got it.
Yeah, fucking sucks.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 10:45 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Did you read his answer though? He really only seems interested if it’s a story way away from the established universe. I feel Like he’s kinda like Nolan. Too determined to his own thing and put his own stamp on it to be part of a saga or even expanded storytelling film.

Still though. He’d fuckin nail obi wan. Arrival revolves completely around that one central character and she brings it under his direction. Imagine him doing this with Ewan.

Did I read the thing I posted? Yeah, yeah I read that thing.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 10:50 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Did I read the thing I posted? Yeah, yeah I read that thing.

I thought the headline misleading tbh. Not your fault.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 10:52 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Denis Villeneuve can direct anything he wants. I'd let him direct every single one of my wet dreams.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 10:58 pm 

Ehh you’ve seen Sicario right??

Never mind. Don’t answer that.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 11:03 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I have not. And I really didn't care for Prisoners.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 11:39 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Sicario is fantastic

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 11:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I need to see it.

PostPosted: Fri December 01, 2017 9:53 am 

He’s brilliant at setting up evocative and mood stuff. Obi wan would be that.

PostPosted: Fri December 01, 2017 2:48 pm 

dimejinky99 wrote:
He’s brilliant at setting up evocative and mood stuff. Obi wan would be that.

He also has this unique talent of building the mood of the scenery and character together. I know that sounds weird but I don't know how else to explain it. And in his last 3 movies, Sicario, Arrival, and Blade Runner, it is really prevalent. So yeah, I agree, would be great for the Obi wan movie.

Post subject: Re: Star Wars unnamed trilogy (Rian Johnson 20??)
PostPosted: Mon January 08, 2018 6:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

That would be incredible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Star Wars