The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive Lord of the Rings thread
PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 1:15 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Well I’m ok with them making more in that world but I hope they’re involved as creative consultants to some degree. Let’s see though.

PostPosted: Tue November 28, 2017 1:46 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

I watched the extended cut of Fellowship over the last few nights during midnight feedings. It's...not as good as I remembered? I had just gotten through re-watching all of Star Wars and those movies still resonated on a deep level. But there's so much about this movie that just dragged and didn't really connect with me anymore, while between ages 18-21 it meant the world to me. I'm going to continue with the next two soon and see if I have the same sort of reaction.

PostPosted: Tue November 28, 2017 2:05 am 
Poster of the Year

Simple Torture wrote:
I watched the extended cut of Fellowship over the last few nights during midnight feedings. It's...not as good as I remembered? I had just gotten through re-watching all of Star Wars and those movies still resonated on a deep level. But there's so much about this movie that just dragged and didn't really connect with me anymore, while between ages 18-21 it meant the world to me. I'm going to continue with the next two soon and see if I have the same sort of reaction.

I hate the extended cut. The theatrical edit is so much better.

PostPosted: Tue November 28, 2017 2:30 am 

Simple Torture wrote:

Thats interesting. I had that with Star Wars right around 2000 when LOTR came out actually. It just didn’t speak to me anymore. It came back around few years later though. Hopefully these will for you too.

PostPosted: Tue November 28, 2017 3:53 am 
The worst

Simple Torture wrote:

to be fair, a multiple night midnight feeding may not be an ideal set of viewing circumstances.

I just rewatched these about a year ago when I started that Tolkien podcast, so I was primed to really enjoy these, and I found that they held up. Not as much as they used to perhaps, but still really liked them.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue November 28, 2017 4:22 am 

stip wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

to be fair, a multiple night midnight feeding may not be an ideal set of viewing circumstances.

I just rewatched these about a year ago when I started that Tolkien podcast, so I was primed to really enjoy these, and I found that they held up. Not as much as they used to perhaps, but still really liked them.

You still listening to that pod stip? I am. It’s brilliant stuff.

PostPosted: Tue November 28, 2017 1:26 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

The Jackson stuff aged quickly for me as well though I think the Fellowship has held up the best.

PostPosted: Tue November 28, 2017 2:58 pm 
The worst

dimejinky99 wrote:
stip wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

You still listening to that pod stip? I am. It’s brilliant stuff.

I am, and tt is (thanks Dime!). He's on a few other podcasts that I've checked out and he works way best on his own. None of his partners are nearly as insightful and he has to dumb himself down to talk to them.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 12:24 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

I watched most of The Two Towers last night and was much more engaged than when watching FOTR. Brad Dourif is just incredible in this one.

PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 12:33 am 

Simple Torture wrote:
I watched most of The Two Towers last night and was much more engaged than when watching FOTR. Brad Dourif is just incredible in this one.

Yeah he was brill as wormtongue.

PostPosted: Sat December 09, 2017 12:11 pm 

My two pals are starting up a podcast basically all things middle earth and focusing on the books to begin with but to include the upcoming series eventually.
They’re gonna go through the Silmarillion and not a tired read through but just pick their favourite elements and what ifs and characters and story arcs and talk about them. It won’t be a stuffy academic thing at all. Listening to their first episode now, they’re recording a few to find their feet before they publish hopefully January first.

I’ll post a link once they go live but they’re at @AnUnexpectedPod on twitter if you could follow them we’d appreciate it.

They put massive amounts of love and energy into their Star Wars podcasting so this will be even better cos they love it more I think :)

PostPosted: Wed February 07, 2018 11:07 pm 

Big announcement tomorrow.

Here comes details of your LOTR tv series on amazon

PostPosted: Thu February 08, 2018 12:06 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

For those of you who are fans... I hope this show is everything you want.

PostPosted: Thu February 08, 2018 12:08 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I hope it's a dwarf musical about doing the dishes

PostPosted: Thu February 08, 2018 12:09 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:haha:

PostPosted: Thu February 08, 2018 12:37 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i hope it's a biographical series about Shane Co.

PostPosted: Thu February 08, 2018 1:36 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
For those of you who are fans... I hope this show is everything you want.

I’m a big fan and I don’t want it at all. Although the budget is the biggest ever for a series(so far) I have and none of my rings pals, have any idea what this is going to be.

My bets on young Aragorn travelling the wilderland. In canon He took part in Rohan’s and Gondors wars under a different name. He also as a ranger kept the lands free of Saurons agents and kept Gandalf in the loop letting him know something was happening even though they didn’t know it was actually Sauron rising again.

It’s a safe bet they’ll go with a a character or characters we already know to get people on board.
Just hope the story and spirit of middle earth is there. Which is bloody hard to do right.

PostPosted: Thu February 08, 2018 2:16 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I'm certainly interested but its hard to get excited for something that is years away.

PostPosted: Thu February 08, 2018 2:41 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

dimejinky99 wrote:
Just hope the story and spirit of middle earth is there. Which is bloody hard to do right.

Hard to do? Nah.

PostPosted: Thu February 08, 2018 3:13 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Hard to do? Nah.

Perfect example of getting it totally wrong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment