The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next

Rate Vitalogy
5 stars 78%  78%  [ 28 ]
4 stars 22%  22%  [ 8 ]
3 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 star 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: Vitalogy: Official Album Thread
PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:31 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
I saw the Austin '95 show. The Ramones opened, and I passed out for a moment in the 110* pit up front. PJ opened with Act of Love. I remember the RVM jam and the Porch jam just noodling on forever! They covered about a minute of 'Talk About the Passion'... An unbelievably clear AUD recording exists of this show, which you can probably find online.

LINK?!

I can't play it on my phone, but I assume this is the same recording...

http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/index.php?nuCU0sannA%3D%3D=ZZ9ul5RkbXBsYZFxYJdpWYylrNjNgomR16RRfpnHndKr2WGCpqinq6CijViHvl9Zjol4

At a glance that looks like a pretty fucking amazing set. You're a lucky S.O.B. And I'm super jealous you got to see this show. Even if you did faint.

I honestly came away from this show disappointed. To almost NO ONE's knowledge, they moved showtime up by about 4 hours so they could more easily get to New Orleans, so a TON of people showed up late. The venue sucked, there was a random pa outage during Porch, it was hot as fuck, and Ed's voice sounded trashed. I much preferred the intensity of the Dallas '93 show... first time I saw them.

Oh well, sure. If I'd seen them in 93, I'd probably feel the same way. But I didn't see them until 98. So you can imagine my total, unrelenting jealousy.

'98 was awesome, though! We saw 'em in KC, and the Dennis Rodman fiasco in Dallas. Which did you attend?

:shock:

I was at the show in Bonner Springs, Kansas.

I thought I remember seeing you there... j/k. I do remember them playing Nothingman to attempt to calm the stupid crowd down, who were tearing up chairs for whatever reason. I wasn't a big fan of that venue, either. Those '98 shows were pretty great, though.

It was the people on the lawn. They were trying to tear down the fence so they could get closer to the stage and rush the seats. It was stupid.

It was my first ever PJ show. I was right up against the fence on the lawn but far over to the right from where all the trouble was going down. There were two kids who were so excited to see the band and I let them stand in front of me so they could see and they kept asking me questions about different songs and band members. I felt like a guru and had a blast.

But yeah that venue isn't one of my favorites either. But they played U and I about lost my entire shit. I played it in the car on the ride over to the show for my friends and said, "they won't play this one but I think it's a fun song."

8-)

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:41 am 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
I saw the Austin '95 show. The Ramones opened, and I passed out for a moment in the 110* pit up front. PJ opened with Act of Love. I remember the RVM jam and the Porch jam just noodling on forever! They covered about a minute of 'Talk About the Passion'... An unbelievably clear AUD recording exists of this show, which you can probably find online.

LINK?!

http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/index.php?nuCU0sannA%3D%3D=ZZ9ul5RkbXBsYZFxYJdpWYylrNjNgomR16RRfpnHndKr2WGCpqinq6CijViHvl9Zjol4

At a glance that looks like a pretty fucking amazing set. You're a lucky S.O.B. And I'm super jealous you got to see this show. Even if you did faint.

I honestly came away from this show disappointed. To almost NO ONE's knowledge, they moved showtime up by about 4 hours so they could more easily get to New Orleans, so a TON of people showed up late. The venue sucked, there was a random pa outage during Porch, it was hot as fuck, and Ed's voice sounded trashed. I much preferred the intensity of the Dallas '93 show... first time I saw them.

Oh well, sure. If I'd seen them in 93, I'd probably feel the same way. But I didn't see them until 98. So you can imagine my total, unrelenting jealousy.

'98 was awesome, though! We saw 'em in KC, and the Dennis Rodman fiasco in Dallas. Which did you attend?

I thought I remember seeing you there... j/k. I do remember them playing Nothingman to attempt to calm the stupid crowd down, who were tearing up chairs for whatever reason. I wasn't a big fan of that venue, either. Those '98 shows were pretty great, though.

It was the people on the lawn. They were trying to tear down the fence so they could get closer to the stage and rush the seats. It was stupid.

It was my first ever PJ show. I was right up against the fence on the lawn but far over to the right from where all the trouble was going down. There were two kids who were so excited to see the band and I let them stand in front of me so they could see and they kept asking me questions about different songs and band members. I felt like a guru and had a blast.

But yeah that venue isn't one of my favorites either. But they played U and I about lost my entire shit. I played it in the car on the ride over to the show for my friends and said, "they won't play this one but I think it's a fun song."

8-)

My friend videotaped this show (and the Dallas '98 show) sitting right next to me...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vienrLcvZbs

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:43 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

LINK?!

8-)

My friend videotaped this show (and the Dallas '98 show) sitting right next to me...

OH MAN!

That's awesome. I'll give that a whirl tonight. That's fucking awesome.

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 12:54 am 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:

LINK?!

8-)

OH MAN!

That's awesome. I'll give that a whirl tonight. That's fucking awesome.

It's not the best video quality... The Dallas show that Rodman crashed is a far more entertaining watch. The same taper put together this 2 cam mix sync'd with a good AUD bootleg...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=otvC6Yqb4Ac

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 7:45 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i was at the Dallas show too. Can't wait to watch this, have never seen video of it

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 10:05 pm 
Stone's Bitch

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
I wish i was maybe 3 years older at the time i saw them in Milwaukee circa '95. It was life changing but i dont think i fully grasped the situation at the time

YOU FUCKING SAW THEM IN 95???!!!

My first was Soldier Field '95. :bammer:

PostPosted: Sun December 04, 2016 10:09 pm 
The Master

evenslow wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
I wish i was maybe 3 years older at the time i saw them in Milwaukee circa '95. It was life changing but i dont think i fully grasped the situation at the time

Jesus, that's great.

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 1:04 am 
Stone's Bitch

tragabigzanda wrote:
evenslow wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:

Jesus, that's great.

It was awesome even though my seats were in the opposite end zone. Luckily the dude sitting next to us had binoculars.

PostPosted: Mon December 05, 2016 6:21 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I hate thinking about all the things I missed from Pearl Jam in the early 90s. Sucks.

PostPosted: Thu July 13, 2017 9:25 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

This is probably my favorite PJ record. I love Binaural and Riot Act, but as far as the overall legacy is concerned, Vitalogy is the record that stands up to 2 of my favorite old school albums (Exile On Main St. and Physical Graffiti).

PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 4:37 am 
10Club Complaint Department

durdencommatyler wrote:
I hate thinking about all the things I missed from Pearl Jam in the early 90s. Sucks.

Same. I think I was 20 for my first PJ show.

PostPosted: Fri July 14, 2017 4:38 am 

tragabigzanda wrote:
evenslow wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:

Jesus, that's great.

That's fucking awesome.

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 1:16 pm 
The worst

What better way to show your love of Vitalogy than participating in the Best of Grunge tournament?

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed November 22, 2017 5:46 pm 
Broken Tamborine

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... lp-w512158

PostPosted: Wed November 22, 2017 7:16 pm 
The worst

nice walk down memory lane.

I was able to tape Vitalogy off the radio about two weeks before the album came out, but it basically picked up with the solo/bridge of last exit, and I listened to that tape at least 30 times before I finally heard the full song

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed November 22, 2017 8:25 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Oh, how i hated Vitalogy when it came out...fuck i hated it. It actually took me a while to finally embrace it.

PostPosted: Wed November 22, 2017 9:19 pm 
Future Drummer

I couldn't understand how it was possible that YL was on neither Ten nor VS nor Vitalogy. Really pissed off 11-year-old me.

PostPosted: Wed November 22, 2017 9:32 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
Oh, how i hated Vitalogy when it came out...fuck i hated it. It actually took me a while to finally embrace it.

Seriously? Why? I freaking loved it from first listen.

PostPosted: Wed November 22, 2017 10:19 pm 
Broken Tamborine

littlecomment wrote:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/pearl-jams-vitalogy-inside-the-making-of-bands-third-lp-w512158

Eddie Vedder was increasingly frustrated by the corporate appropriation of grunge, exemplified by the introduction of a Vedder-like character on the TV soap opera General Hospital, played by future pop star Ricky Martin.

This was news to me.

PostPosted: Wed November 22, 2017 10:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Quote:
Regarding the song's title, Vedder stated:

Yeah, that song was based on a remake of the brown corduroy jacket that I wore. I think I got mine for 12 bucks, and it was being sold for like $650. The ultimate one as far as being co-opted was that there was a guy on TV, predictably patterned, I guess, after the way I was looking those days, with long hair and an Army T-shirt. They put this new character on a soap opera, so there was a guy, more handsome than I, parading around on General Hospital. And the funny thing is, that guy was Ricky Martin.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corduroy_(Pearl_Jam_song)

Huh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam