The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 321  Next
 Post subject: Re: Not worthy of a thread News
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 1:57 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

That Rand Paul assault was a little more serious than it sounded at first. Must be one of those Trump tweet radicalized right wingers I hear so much about. oh wait...

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed November 08, 2017 1:26 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Ever wanted to see a zillion of something?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/11/07/why-zillions-stingrays-gathering-off-fla-beach/839233001/

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 5:31 am 
The Master

lol

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/04/b ... cebook.com

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 11:29 am 
Looks Like a Cat

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

I've seen some of these appear in my daughter's feed on YTK. There was one that looked like some kind of game play recording of a virtual "Operation" game where you were operating on Elsa and Anna (frozen). And one with Twilight Sparkle (my little pony) being poisoned to death and then resurrected only to begin attempting to eat the brains of other characters. Fortunately if you as a parent are good about blocking the videos when they show up, eventually the algo learns to show your kids other things.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 5:19 am 
The Master

I just came across this article about my wife's friend who killed her two kids before committing suicide a while back. Man. I hadn't thought about it in a while. The loneliness...fuck, it's palpable. How do you fix the hopelessness of long term loneliness? How can there be any comfort when you have no one? It makes me hurt just to think about it. God. I feel so bad for her. I can only imagine the pain she was in.

http://www.nwherald.com/2017/04/19/poli ... e/a79siah/

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 5:44 am 
Gone

I have a certain amount of empathy for anyone who decides to take their life but no comfort and constant loneliness? What a load of horse shit coming from a mother of two. And then to kill the kids too?

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 5:45 am 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
I have a certain amount of empathy for anyone who decides to take their life but no comfort and constant loneliness? What a load of horse shit coming from a mother of two. And then to kill the kids too?

Kids are not the same thing as an adult companion. Come on.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 5:48 am 
Gone

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I would have hoped her connection to her children meant more to her than randoms on match.com

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 5:50 am 
The Master

verb_to_trust wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I would have hoped her connection to her children meant more to her than randoms on match.com

If it helps, she was very thin

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 1:03 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I just came across this article about my wife's friend who killed her two kids before committing suicide a while back. Man. I hadn't thought about it in a while. The loneliness...fuck, it's palpable. How do you fix the hopelessness of long term loneliness? How can there be any comfort when you have no one? It makes me hurt just to think about it. God. I feel so bad for her. I can only imagine the pain she was in.

This is one of the biggest drivers of gun deaths in the US...

But how do you deal with that emotional state? It's hard to make new "good" friends as you get older. It really is. thinking about it, most of my friends for a decade plus. If they were gone, I wouldn't even know where to start rebuilding.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 2:19 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Bi_3 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

But how do you deal with that emotional state? It's hard to make new "good" friends as you get older. It really is. thinking about it, most of my friends for a decade plus. If they were gone, I wouldn't even know where to start rebuilding.

At 43, I'm kind of in that boat now. Most of the people I consider close friends don't live anywhere near me, but if I moved back to where they were, I'm afraid things wouldn't be the same.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 3:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

At 43, I'm kind of in that boat now. Most of the people I consider close friends don't live anywhere near me, but if I moved back to where they were, I'm afraid things wouldn't be the same.

Same.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 4:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

God, this is too true. I'm literally a country away from my friends I knew growing up and as such we all fell apart. I talk to one of them anymore and that's only at various times on twitter.

Locally I only have my immediate family (wife and kid) plus my in-laws. It doesn't help that I'm an introvert who really hates talking to people to get to know them. Oddly, I'm great when it comes to talking to people I won't interact with much, it's just bridging that gap that's tough.

I'm green according to the team building bullshit that we had to do a couple months ago:
[img]
http://blog.vantageseminars.com/wp-cont ... letext.gif[/img]

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 6:39 pm 
Gone

Have any of you guys considered killing your wife and kids to help solve this issue?

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 6:44 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

verb_to_trust wrote:
Have any of you guys considered killing your wife and kids to help solve this issue?

I have neither.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 7:00 pm 
Polluted

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I have neither.

I have both. Sometimes I envy people like you.

Last edited by Self on Wed November 15, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 7:00 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

verb_to_trust wrote:

I wouldn't tell you if I had and that's part of the loneliness, feeling like there's no one who can help you.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 7:03 pm 
Polluted

Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I have neither.

But after a few hours, I get lonely and need someone to yell my name a few times or start the laundry when I'm jamming.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 7:04 pm 

Self wrote:
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I have neither.

But after a few hours, I get lonely and need someone to yell my name a few times or start the laundry when I'm jamming.

See. There is more than one way to never be happy again.

PostPosted: Wed November 15, 2017 7:10 pm 
Polluted

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Self wrote:
Self wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:

I have neither.

See. There is more than one way to never be happy again.

I hope we always have each other to compare sadness with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 321  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate