The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: the miraculous Instant Pot
PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21079
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Dang, I searched for a thread like this. Mods, feel free to merge. Apologies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sat November 04, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21079
A friend works in the Cooks Illustrytesr kitchen and writes for the mag and I think it's probably one of the best jobs imaginable.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 17832
We've been using the Instant Pot to make batches of hard boiled eggs lately.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21079
spike wrote:
We've been using the Instant Pot to make batches of hard boiled eggs lately.

Method?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 1:42 am 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 34344
Location: Mountains
tragabigzanda wrote:
spike wrote:
We've been using the Instant Pot to make batches of hard boiled eggs lately.

Method?

Yea im curious about this. So far there isn't a thing that the instapot can't handle.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 2:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 17832
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
spike wrote:
We've been using the Instant Pot to make batches of hard boiled eggs lately.

Method?

Yea im curious about this. So far there isn't a thing that the instapot can't handle.

1 cup of water, high pressure for 4-6 mins, vent immediately, ice bath when you can open it up


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sun November 05, 2017 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21079
spike wrote:
Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
spike wrote:
We've been using the Instant Pot to make batches of hard boiled eggs lately.

Method?

Yea im curious about this. So far there isn't a thing that the instapot can't handle.

1 cup of water, high pressure for 4-6 mins, vent immediately, ice bath when you can open it up

Thanks boss.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21079
This boiled dinner recipe looks insanely easy (granted the traditional Crock Pot recipe is too...):

https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2017/0 ... bbage.html


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Thread Killer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 3534
think I'll be monitoring Slickdeals for the bluetooth model....

*edit-went with regular 6qt, got it for $80/ free shipping after taxes from Target...25%off


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21079
Trying ribs in the Instant Pot tonight:

https://leitesculinaria.com/102437/reci ... l#comments

We'll do some mac & cheese and also a jicama/graprefruit slaw recipe I found. Wife is making me a Banana Cream Pie with bourbon caramel sauce. There will be some nice vino and whiskey on hand. :bammer:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Thread Killer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 3534
tragabigzanda wrote:
Trying ribs in the Instant Pot tonight:

https://leitesculinaria.com/102437/reci ... l#comments

We'll do some mac & cheese and also a jicama/graprefruit slaw recipe I found. Wife is making me a Banana Cream Pie with bourbon caramel sauce. There will be some nice vino and whiskey on hand. :bammer:

Will you be adding smoked sea salt? I have a large jar I made awhile back...shit does wonders


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21079
dpupenya wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Trying ribs in the Instant Pot tonight:

https://leitesculinaria.com/102437/reci ... l#comments

We'll do some mac & cheese and also a jicama/graprefruit slaw recipe I found. Wife is making me a Banana Cream Pie with bourbon caramel sauce. There will be some nice vino and whiskey on hand. :bammer:

Will you be adding smoked sea salt? I have a large jar I made awhile back...shit does wonders

I will now!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sun November 12, 2017 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Thread Killer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 3534
tragabigzanda wrote:
dpupenya wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Trying ribs in the Instant Pot tonight:

https://leitesculinaria.com/102437/reci ... l#comments

We'll do some mac & cheese and also a jicama/graprefruit slaw recipe I found. Wife is making me a Banana Cream Pie with bourbon caramel sauce. There will be some nice vino and whiskey on hand. :bammer:

Will you be adding smoked sea salt? I have a large jar I made awhile back...shit does wonders

I will now!

Well..... ?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sun November 12, 2017 7:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21079
dpupenya wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
dpupenya wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Trying ribs in the Instant Pot tonight:

https://leitesculinaria.com/102437/reci ... l#comments

We'll do some mac & cheese and also a jicama/graprefruit slaw recipe I found. Wife is making me a Banana Cream Pie with bourbon caramel sauce. There will be some nice vino and whiskey on hand. :bammer:

Will you be adding smoked sea salt? I have a large jar I made awhile back...shit does wonders

I will now!

Well..... ?

:nice: Overall the Instant Pot rib recipe is a great approach. It was more "Chinese spare rib" in texture and color than "slow-cooked BBQ," but it was dang good and it took me an hour tops. The smoked salt definitely added a smoky element! We had this with some mac & cheese and a jicama & grapefruit slaw.

I am typically not a Zinfandel drinker, but there is one bottle in particular that I love and my buddy brought it for me. My dessert was amazing, as was my whiskey. I feel super full and blessed and also gluttonous.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21079
Anyone hear of Suvie? Sounds like the real-life version of the dehydrated pizza bit from Back to the Future 2:

http://www.suvie.com/how-it-works


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13949
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
Anyone hear of Suvie? Sounds like the real-life version of the dehydrated pizza bit from Back to the Future 2:

http://www.suvie.com/how-it-works


Hydrate level four please.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Thu November 23, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Thread Killer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 3:57 am
Posts: 3534
Image

Picked one of these up at Goodwill the other day.... Game changer for making apple pie. Throw an apple on the spit and crank the handle, it peels, cores and spiral slices all in one swoop...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 12, 2013 5:03 pm
Posts: 2557
i relay the sentiment "buying a vitamix has revolutionized my diet" entirely without shtick


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue February 12, 2013 5:03 pm
Posts: 2557
dpupenya wrote:
Image

Picked one of these up at Goodwill the other day.... Game changer for making apple pie. Throw an apple on the spit and crank the handle, it peels, cores and spiral slices all in one swoop...

this looks like it could be especially effective in an assault


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Cookbooks, Kitchen Gadgets, Etc.
PostPosted: Sat July 14, 2018 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 21154
That’s a really intense piece of engineering to do something you can do yourself in under a minute

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Food & Dining


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed July 18, 2018 8:33 pm