The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 1182  Next

Early Impressions
5 stars 26%  26%  [ 69 ]
4 stars 55%  55%  [ 144 ]
3 stars 10%  10%  [ 26 ]
2 star 6%  6%  [ 16 ]
1 star 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 262
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 7:56 pm 
Rank This Poster

darth_vedder wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I am very pessimistic about there ever being new Pearl Jam / Ed Vedder music that I care about again

Same

Don't get me wrong, if they announce a new record, I'll be over the moon about it. I'll absolutely buy at least two copies and I'll hope against hope that it's their best album to date.

Same. But it won't be. And then I will be sad.

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with the idea that their best work is behind them. I just want good work at this point.

Yup. I want them to explore some new sounds. Incorporate some of the things they've done in their side projects (RNDM, Cavedweller, etc.). Write music together again. Stop trying to write songs thinking about how you are going to play them live on Sonos.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 8:00 pm 
The Master

As long as each copy of the album includes a pack of peanuts I will be happy.

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 11:04 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:

Nah, but we will get a booklet containing lyrics and pictures of the band member's nutsacks.

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 11:30 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i hope it comes with a recipe so the general public can experience the cool shit we've been getting from the Ten Club for years

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 11:47 pm 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
i hope it comes with a recipe so the general public can experience the cool shit we've been getting from the Ten Club for years

We should go throw a bunch of those Seed Bombs into Eddie's backyard next time I'm in Seattle.

PostPosted: Mon November 06, 2017 11:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

We should go throw a bunch of those Seed Bombs into Eddie's backyard next time I'm in Seattle.

imagine someone driving by and seeing two grown men blowing dandelion seeds over a fence :haha:

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 12:05 am 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

imagine someone driving by and seeing two grown men blowing dandelion seeds over a fence :haha:

PostPosted: Tue November 07, 2017 12:16 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

:haha:

PostPosted: Wed November 08, 2017 3:34 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

My attitude is quite different about this than others. I'm just glad they're still around and not broken up and dissolved with the possibility existing that they can get together and come up with something pretty good should the mood strike them. Most, nearly all, bands do not get to this point. They're not doing the nostalgia circuit, they still do relevant shows with songs mixed from throughout their career. The whole bit of "why can't they crank out the album of my dreams every year" strikes me as First World Problems. My prediction is they have 2-3 more album cycles in them where they spread out their touring 4-5 years to cover the globe. It'd be great if those albums can enhance their catalogue somehow, their is not a chance that an album would be a big hit. They would have to shoot for the goal of creating something that is worthwhile revisiting years after they are gone.

PostPosted: Wed November 08, 2017 7:27 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Tuolumne wrote:
My attitude is quite different about this than others. I'm just glad they're still around and not broken up and dissolved with the possibility existing that they can get together and come up with something pretty good should the mood strike them. Most, nearly all, bands do not get to this point. They're not doing the nostalgia circuit, they still do relevant shows with songs mixed from throughout their career. The whole bit of "why can't they crank out the album of my dreams every year" strikes me as First World Problems. My prediction is they have 2-3 more album cycles in them where they spread out their touring 4-5 years to cover the globe. It'd be great if those albums can enhance their catalogue somehow, their is not a chance that an album would be a big hit. They would have to shoot for the goal of creating something that is worthwhile revisiting years after they are gone.

I think nearly everyone here feels this way, we bitch because we've got nothing else from them to talk about right now.

PostPosted: Wed November 08, 2017 7:50 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
Tuolumne wrote:

I think nearly everyone here feels this way, we bitch because we've got nothing else from them to talk about right now.

Yeah, if we're still posting here there is a small or large part of everyone that feels this way.

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 1:30 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Nah, but we will get a booklet containing lyrics and pictures of the band member's nutsacks.

I could see this being PJ's 80s style bitch rock album with the band doing copious amounts of blow and hookers.

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 11:04 pm 
The Master

New song coming:

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 11:05 pm 
The Master

Sorry, the comments on the Youtube page says:

‘Obey The Law Of The Heart’
Written by Stone Gossard
Performed by Pearl Jam and Sain Zahoor with Priya Darshini
Produced by Stone Gossard, Steven Argila and Wayne Sharpe

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 11:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I guess this will end up being the single release for 2016(???)

PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 11:07 pm 
The Master

Rangi Guy wrote:
I guess this will end up being the single release for 2016(???)

It's almost 2018, but yeah.

PostPosted: Fri November 10, 2017 1:49 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
New song coming:

ah yes, Basmati Blues, a true love story about a white american woman falling in love with an indian sterotype

the long-awaited sequel to Fry-Rice Rock, a true love story about a white american woman falling in love with a chinese stereotype

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri November 10, 2017 1:50 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

holy shit, 96583UP made me laugh

PostPosted: Fri November 10, 2017 1:54 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

/thread

/RM career

nice knowing ya's...

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Tue January 02, 2018 3:39 pm 
Champion of RM

Jeff confirmed via The Powell Movement that they are writing and recording new material. This is the first official confirmation. Yay!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 1182  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam