The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542, 543 ... 1224  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Thread
PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 3:01 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Coach wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
I think Tommy is in love.

I had to rewind that last night to confirm that is what he said. I lost it. Haha.

He is a national treasure. I love Tommy.

I might quit watching basketball when he goes.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 3:45 pm 
The Master

I love the Nets and T-Wolves broadcasters too. The Wolves especially.

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 4:57 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Monkey_Driven wrote:

Out of curiosity, what do you love about the Wolves broadcasters?

PostPosted: Fri October 06, 2017 10:41 pm 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

They are not homers at all. Know the game and league well and do a great job of explaining plays, calls, defensive coverages, etc.

PostPosted: Sat October 07, 2017 12:54 am 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

They are not homers at all. Know the game and league well and do a great job of explaining plays, calls, defensive coverages, etc.

As a Wolves fan I obviously get to see their broadcasts a lot, and I totally agree with you. Dave Benz and Jim Petersen do an awesome job. Jim Pete is maybe the best analyst in the business. It's just interesting to get an outside perspective. :thumbsup:

Last edited by PHATJ on Sat October 07, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat October 07, 2017 11:27 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Tatum looked a lot more comfortable in his second game. Good to see him get a start, too.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/video/postga ... phi-100617

PostPosted: Sat October 07, 2017 2:32 pm 
The Master

Coach wrote:
Tatum looked a lot more comfortable in his second game. Good to see him get a start, too.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/video/postga ... phi-100617

Tatum will be fine. He doesn't have much pressure to be excellent right away and he plays for a good coach/organization.

PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 12:44 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Daniel Theis looks like a keeper.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:50 pm 
The Master

This is getting closer.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 7:36 pm 
The Master

My predictions for the NBA Regular Season, beginning tomorrow!

Easter Conference
1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Washington
4. Toronto
5. Milwaukee
6. Hornets
7. Miami
8. Philadelphia

Western Conference
1. Golden State
2. Houston
3. San Antonio
4. OKC
5. Minnesota
6. LAC
7. Utah
8. Denver

MVP: Kawhi
DPoY: Draymond
RoY: Dennis Smith Jr.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 7:49 pm 

Go Wolves!

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 7:51 pm 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
Go Wolves!

It would not surprise me if the 5th through 10th best teams in the west came down to 5-7 games.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 7:54 pm 

Yeah, the West is crazy tight. And the East is crazy shitty. The NBA seriously needs to change the postseason rules to just include the top 16 teams.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 7:57 pm 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
Yeah, the West is crazy tight. And the East is crazy shitty. The NBA seriously needs to change the postseason rules to just include the top 16 teams.

I agree, but they would have to complete restructure the schedule to balance it, a huge disadvantage to western conference teams who would have to travel even more miles. They could make it work though. The new All Star game format is a nice step in that direction.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 8:15 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

I agree, but they would have to complete restructure the schedule to balance it, a huge disadvantage to western conference teams who would have to travel even more miles. They could make it work though. The new All Star game format is a nice step in that direction.

Obviously restructuring the schedule would be a must. And that can be done, even if the travel is difficult.

The new all star format is fucking stupid.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 8:20 pm 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Obviously restructuring the schedule would be a must. And that can be done, even if the travel is difficult.

I like it. The draft will be funny and might make the game more competitive. They need to fix a lot of things to make the game watchable, but this is a good step.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 8:30 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

I like it. The draft will be funny and might make the game more competitive. They need to fix a lot of things to make the game watchable, but this is a good step.

I have absolutely zero interest in watching LeBron and Steph pick the All Star teams. Steph already said he would pick his Warriors teammates first... it just seems pointless, gimmicky, and stupid. I'd rather they just drew names out of a hat than watch that. It's not even an original idea, the NHL has been doing this for sometime now. I'd rather they make the all star format be four teams of five or six players that play half court 3on3 in a tournament style winner take all. At least that would be different and interesting.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 10:02 pm 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

I have absolutely zero interest in watching LeBron and Steph pick the All Star teams. Steph already said he would pick his Warriors teammates first... it just seems pointless, gimmicky, and stupid. I'd rather they just drew names out of a hat than watch that. It's not even an original idea, the NHL has been doing this for sometime now. I'd rather they make the all star format be four teams of five or six players that play half court 3on3 in a tournament style winner take all. At least that would be different and interesting.

Like I said, it is a good first step. They need to implement a teammate limit or something though. No one said it was an original idea either.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 10:29 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Like I said, it is a good first step. They need to implement a teammate limit or something though. No one said it was an original idea either.

I know you didn't suggest it was an original idea, that was a point I was making. I just don't get how or why this is a "good first step". What/who is it good for? If they are trying to change things because the game has become stale, how does having captains choosing sides change anything about the actual game? It will still be played the same way it has been for years. This is like saying the engine on a vehicle is broken but instead of repairing the engine you just decide to paint the vehicle a different color. It's completely pointless.

PostPosted: Tue October 17, 2017 2:56 am 
The Master

PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

I know you didn't suggest it was an original idea, that was a point I was making. I just don't get how or why this is a "good first step". What/who is it good for? If they are trying to change things because the game has become stale, how does having captains choosing sides change anything about the actual game? It will still be played the same way it has been for years. This is like saying the engine on a vehicle is broken but instead of repairing the engine you just decide to paint the vehicle a different color. It's completely pointless.

I'm optimistic because it means they are willing to change things up, even if it is a minor change or one that doesn't stir the pot too much. I think the game will be more interesting because the Western Conference players will be distributed more evenly leading to fun one on matchups. The winning team will also be paying for a local LA charity. I wish the game was competitive just like everyone else though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542, 543 ... 1224  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports