The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Play Two: Live from Wrigley Field
PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 7:22 pm 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
I knew someone who was a pretty hardcore concert poster collector (mainly PJ), and he bought a poster through 10c that arrived damaged. He emailed 10c about it and asked for a refund, or a replacement, either he was fine with. They had him mail it back. A couple of weeks later, he received a new poster tube in the mail from 10c, and inside was the poster he had ordered shredded into about 500 pieces.

He pieced it back together, and 10c had left written a pretty crude message on the back of it.

Classy group over there.

i dont believe this. No way.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 7:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

yup, 100% true. happened about 15 years ago, so it's been a while. if i was still in contact with the dude, i'm sure he still has pics of it

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 7:24 pm 
The Master

I must know the message.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 7:25 pm 
The Master

Maybe it was the accountant guy who also stole a few million from pearl jam. or tim bierman. I know he used to be pretty nasty to fans. Or maybe Dave A broke in?

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 7:34 pm 
the message was "no... JA"

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 7:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

So I was just able to find cached pics. And the story.

Poster arrived damaged. Person sent it back with a note about it being damaged, and some tips on how to better package posters for future shipping (they packed it really poorly). He gets a new tube in the mail. And the significant potion of the poster cut out so he knew it was the poster he wanted.

The poster...

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 7:44 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

CHOMP

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 8:33 pm 
The Master

lol. So he was kind of a dick himself too. Hilarious.
Also, "R"

The Rob?

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 8:38 pm 
so they used the damaged poster as packing filler for the replacement? or just sent a tube of confetti and the note? either way that's crazy.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 8:51 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

Strat wrote:
lol. So he was kind of a dick himself too. Hilarious.
Also, "R"

The Rob?

I don’t think “The Rob” actually works for 10C, does he?

It’d be Rob Skinner (“Santos L. Harper”, former vocalist/bassist in Coffin Break), I expect.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 8:54 pm 

Was there a new poster in the tube plus the shredded one? Or just the shredded one?

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 9:12 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

LetMeSleep wrote:
Was there a new poster in the tube plus the shredded one? Or just the shredded one?

Nope, no new poster, just the shredded one. The shredded one wasn't used as filler :haha:

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 9:14 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:

Nope, no new poster, just the shredded one. The shredded one wasn't used as filler :haha:

wow

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 10:23 pm 
Future Drummer

LetMeSleep wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:

wow

PJ fans can be annoying, I get it, but the number of stories of rude and vindictive behaviour by 10C staff I've heard over the years is something to behold. No doubt the band has no idea about how their fanclub operations are run.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 10:49 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

ridleybradout wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:

wow

PJ fans can be annoying, I get it, but the number of stories of rude and vindictive behaviour by 10C staff I've heard over the years is something to behold. No doubt the band has no idea about how their fanclub operations are run.

I have never had a bad experience with them, but I haven’t bought anything other than tickets from them in over a decade.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 11:06 pm 
Champion of RM

Bi_3 wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:

wow

I have never had a bad experience with them, but I haven’t bought anything other than tickets from them in over a decade.

The Tim Bierman flipout was the worst. He really should have been fired for that.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 1:50 am 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:

wow

The Tim Bierman flipout was the worst. He really should have been fired for that.

what's this?

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 4:58 pm 
Champion of RM

tragabigzanda wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:

wow

what's this?

I don't remember how it started, but he called a user at home regarding his forum posts. I don't remember if that user was banned. Tim (Ruby's Dad) has rarely posted since.

Post subject: Re: General Pearl Jam Bitching
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 6:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Trump move.

Post subject: Re: General Pearl Jam Bitching
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 8:47 pm 
Future Drummer

none of these stories are surprising or even mildly unexpected. that tim story especially has always bothered me. but i'll say this, too- i had an issue with some stuff i was sent some years ago, and in most respects was out of their immediate control. i bitched about it on their forum, and did so in a non-professional way. still, i was messaged by someone at 10c who made the effort - something they absolutely did not have to do in this case - to take care of me. they were also helpful and accommodating when a friend last minute couldn't make it to missoula in 2012 to pick up his tix.

so, good customer service does happen sometimes and i can actually attest to it. it's still no excuse for these other situations and 10c responses/reactions, but does demonstrate there are at least some oases in hell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 38  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam