The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 1788
Location: Rand McNally
Strat wrote:
stip wrote:
you know, not all the time, but sometimes, gone is a really good song

I dont ever crave to listen to it on record or live. But every time ive heard it in person....ive always loved it.

I heard the acousticy late 2006 version in person.... and still hated it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 7:32 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2185
ridleybradout wrote:
Strat wrote:
stip wrote:
you know, not all the time, but sometimes, gone is a really good song

I dont ever crave to listen to it on record or live. But every time ive heard it in person....ive always loved it.

I heard the acousticy late 2006 version in person.... and still hated it.


The version from 10/16/13 (WOR2) was pretty good. Best I've witnessed. I'm kind of excited about this one as I've always preferred this album to riot act.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Oslo, Norway
Still haven't heard any difference. Can someone post a link to something where you can really hear it? Thank you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 12712
Location: Seattle, WA
i heard that if you play the new mix and the original mix at the same time, it creates a whole new album. like Zaireeka.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9576
Location: Mizzou
Anders wrote:
Still haven't heard any difference. Can someone post a link to something where you can really hear it? Thank you.


Are you listening through your external phone speaker?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Oslo, Norway
I have used my phone, but both with quality headphones, and through the speaker. Only on Spotify though, and it may be different here in Europe, than in the US.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9576
Location: Mizzou
Anders wrote:
I have used my phone, but both with quality headphones, and through the speaker. Only on Spotify though, and it may be different here in Europe, than in the US.


It's probably a regional thing. Did you download the new mix on the link above?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Oslo, Norway
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Anders wrote:
I have used my phone, but both with quality headphones, and through the speaker. Only on Spotify though, and it may be different here in Europe, than in the US.


It's probably a regional thing. Did you download the new mix on the link above?

No. I’ll look for it. Thank you. :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10613
It might be a subtle difference to some people's ears.

It's the exact same mix, just a different mastering.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9576
Location: Mizzou
Birds in Hell wrote:
It might be a subtle difference to some people's ears.

It's the exact same mix, just a different mastering.


Subtle, but noticeable if you are familiar enough with the original version.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 322
I listened to it once while doing other stuff and didn't notice anything. Then again on headphones a could hear the difference. So it's minor but there if you're familiar enough and listening.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 12475
You guys are nuts. It's profound with headphones, and noticeable even in a car.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 2:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30276
Location: Mountains
is it wrong for me to say that the guitars in life wasted feel more naturally crunchy...as if the actual tone of the guitars, amps, and pedals are more straight ahead and authentic?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 12475
Strat wrote:
is it wrong for me to say that the guitars in life wasted feel more naturally crunchy...as if the actual tone of the guitars, amps, and pedals are more straight ahead and authentic?

It is not wrong to say.

And Ed sounds less pinched, like he's reaching an octave too high

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 1895
The watery, lossy compression artifacts from the Spotify stream give it a special warmth and flavor that I can't put my finger on.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 12154
Location: Cumberland, RI
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
The watery, lossy compression artifacts from the Spotify stream give it a special warmth and flavor that I can't put my finger on.


One positive: we have a Google Home, and we stream Spotify on it all the time--mostly songs from Moana for my daughter, but I will occasionally throw on a new release and listen to it for the first time there. By the time I get a better digital copy or buy the LP--wow!--it's like listening to it for the first time, again.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46157
Location: Sector 7-G
I don't understand people who don't have a better way to listen to music than spotify on a $25 bluetooth speaker.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 30276
Location: Mountains
Spotify is fine. Its the idiots who listen through the apple ear buds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9576
Location: Mizzou
cutuphalfdead wrote:
I don't understand people who don't have a better way to listen to music than spotify on a $25 bluetooth speaker.


We're not all millionaires chud.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Binaural / Riot Act / Avocado Vinyl Re-Issues?
PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 12712
Location: Seattle, WA
Strat wrote:
Spotify is fine. Its the idiots who listen through the apple ear buds.


i'm surrounded by these nincompoops. they look like cigarette butts hanging from your ears.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun October 22, 2017 4:45 am