The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Pearl Jam Bitching
PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 11:59 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

From the Ten Club website:

"acceot"

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 12:02 am 
Champion of RM

Cut them a break. They're too busy charging $7 shipping for a sticker.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 12:07 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

And $40 for no fan club single.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 12:25 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Simple Torture wrote:

i emailed them to ask if i could be refunded half my membership since we didn't get a fan club single last year

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 1:10 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

hm

maybe double vinyl this year

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 2:32 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

bodysnatcher wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

i emailed them to ask if i could be refunded half my membership since we didn't get a fan club single last year

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 5:40 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

the 10c feels like a Trump organization

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 6:15 pm 
I joined 10C in early 2016 because I thought it would help me get Wrigley tix (dumb). Can't recall ever receiving a record or Deep Magazine, but I did get a download coupon and a terrible shirt. How strong is my legal case?

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 6:27 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I’ve been a member for ages. Don’t have a lot to show for it. A few lp singles and Deep magazines. The last lp didn’t arrive, and the last magazine had no text.

Post subject: Re: Let's Play Two: Live from Wrigley Field
PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 3:38 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Ordered the vinyl copy from Ten Club. Had two sides C&D in the package. So I emailed ten club and they said that I had to destroy one of the sides and then send them picture evidence that I did it. So I break one copy, little shards of vinyl everywhere. I send them an email saying that was pretty dangerous and unnecessary. No apology for the inconvenience or anything, just that I would receive the replacement for the correct sides. I get the replacement...... Sides C&D again. Emailed them back and I've heard nothing in two days. Every time I have to deal with the customer service there, I have a bad taste in my mouth.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 3:44 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

davluvsbeer wrote:
Ordered the vinyl copy from Ten Club. Had two sides C&D in the package. So I emailed ten club and they said that I had to destroy one of the sides and then send them picture evidence that I did it. So I break one copy, little shards of vinyl everywhere. I send them an email saying that was pretty dangerous and unnecessary. No apology for the inconvenience or anything, just that I would receive the replacement for the correct sides. I get the replacement...... Sides C&D again. Emailed them back and I've heard nothing in two days. Every time I have to deal with the customer service there, I have a bad taste in my mouth.

Sounds like them.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 3:54 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
davluvsbeer wrote:

Sounds like them.

Yeah, it sucks for you but this is not a surprise at all.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 3:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Exactly why the only thing I've ever bought from them have been 10c exclusive Vault albums. Don't support this type of behavior. You can email them and cuss them all you want, but just take your dollars elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 5:59 pm 
Poster of the Year

bodysnatcher wrote:
Exactly why the only thing I've ever bought from them have been 10c exclusive Vault albums. Don't support this type of behavior. You can email them and cuss them all you want, but just take your dollars elsewhere.

Yup. You can't keep giving them your money if they're going to do shit like this. Seriously, they're so afraid you might have an extra, free, copy of one half of the live album that they made you show proof of destroying it before sending you what you actually paid for? And then they fuck up again!

Fuck Pearl Jam and fuck the Ten Club.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 6:48 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

cutuphalfdead wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Yup. You can't keep giving them your money if they're going to do shit like this. Seriously, they're so afraid you might have an extra, free, copy of one half of the live album that they made you show proof of destroying it before sending you what you actually paid for? And then they fuck up again!

yeah, it's not like this is some rare release with only 10,000 made or something. i could just walk into Target with an x-acto blade and take out Disc 1 if i really needed to.

edit:

I remember when Father John Misty's "I Love You Honeybear" was released, and the deluxe packaging ended up warping the records. A complete production oversight. All you had to do was email Sub Pop and let them know. No proof of purchase or anything. You could have bought it from anywhere, not just them. And they sent you new copies of the records in plain white sleeves, no questions asked.

I'd be willing to bet that Sub Pop replaced more copies of this album than the amount of people who ordered Let's Play Two from 10c.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 6:59 pm 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

yeah, it's not like this is some rare release with only 10,000 made or something. i could just walk into Target with an x-acto blade and take out Disc 1 if i really needed to.

edit:

I remember when Father John Misty's "I Love You Honeybear" was released, and the deluxe packaging ended up warping the records. A complete production oversight. All you had to do was email Sub Pop and let them know. No proof of purchase or anything. You could have bought it from anywhere, not just them. And they sent you new copies of the records in plain white sleeves, no questions asked.

I'd be willing to bet that Sub Pop replaced more copies of this album than the amount of people who ordered Let's Play Two from 10c.

Funny. I used to be part of the vinyl me, please vinyl club. Get 1 special pressing a month with some other goodies. I was sent FJM honeybear and side 2 had a completely different musician. They sent me a new copy and an older wilco record just because.

Oh, 10Club.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 7:07 pm 
tl;dr

cutuphalfdead wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Yeah, that's nuts. I have had a lot of issues with 10C product and sometimes the communication was really bad but they've never made me "prove" anything to them. Very poor service.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 7:13 pm 
The Master

SAD!

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 7:15 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I knew someone who was a pretty hardcore concert poster collector (mainly PJ), and he bought a poster through 10c that arrived damaged. He emailed 10c about it and asked for a refund, or a replacement, either he was fine with. They had him mail it back. A couple of weeks later, he received a new poster tube in the mail from 10c, and inside was the poster he had ordered shredded into about 500 pieces.

He pieced it back together, and 10c had left written a pretty crude message on the back of it.

Classy group over there.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 7:17 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

bodysnatcher wrote:
I knew someone who was a pretty hardcore concert poster collector (mainly PJ), and he bought a poster through 10c that arrived damaged. He emailed 10c about it and asked for a refund, or a replacement, either he was fine with. They had him mail it back. A couple of weeks later, he received a new poster tube in the mail from 10c, and inside was the poster he had ordered shredded into about 500 pieces.

He pieced it back together, and 10c had left written a pretty crude message on the back of it.

Classy group over there.

Whattttt

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 38  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam