The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 175  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boston Red Sox Thread
PostPosted: Tue September 05, 2017 11:42 pm 
Rank This Poster

numbers wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
numbers wrote:
Although this could get Farrell sacked.

Yes, this is an outrage and shakes the game to it's core. I'm disgusted as a fan.

Naw, they've already pulled out the hilarious "Dombrowski and Farrell had no idea this was going on!" excuse.

The trainer involved will get thrown under the bus and maybe fined or suspended or fired. Everyone else will get away with it.

Maybe they'll lose a draft pick or something.

I mean Dombrowski, maybe, but there's no way Farrell would have been unaware of this.

Exactly. Players and trainers were literally running around relaying signals in the dugout. He would have to be beyond clueless not to have known.

PostPosted: Wed September 06, 2017 2:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

philpritchard wrote:
numbers wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
numbers wrote:

Yes, this is an outrage and shakes the game to it's core. I'm disgusted as a fan.

Naw, they've already pulled out the hilarious "Dombrowski and Farrell had no idea this was going on!" excuse.

The trainer involved will get thrown under the bus and maybe fined or suspended or fired. Everyone else will get away with it.

I mean Dombrowski, maybe, but there's no way Farrell would have been unaware of this.

Exactly. Players and trainers were literally running around relaying signals in the dugout. He would have to be beyond clueless not to have known.

Well...

PostPosted: Wed September 06, 2017 8:29 pm 
Rank This Poster

numbers wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
numbers wrote:
philpritchard wrote:
numbers wrote:

Well...

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 2:30 am 
Mind Your Tanners

No doubt the Sox broke the rules, but if this finally unearths the long rumored Yanks' use of the YES network cam then it will be interesting. At least the rivalry is renewed, coupled with the CC fat story via Jim Ed and the bunting....

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2060 ... teal-signs

Source: Red Sox say they have video evidence of Yanks using YES camera to steal signs

The Boston Red Sox have presented to the commissioner's office what they say is video evidence of the YES Network maintaining a fixed camera on bench coach Gary DiSarcina during a recent game at Yankee Stadium, a source told ESPN.

That particular camera shot was one of those that the Red Sox received in their video room feed, and according to a source, they were so concerned about it -- and about whether it was being used to steal signs from DiSarcina -- that they had their bench coach alter his position in the dugout.

Commissioner Rob Manfred confirmed Tuesday that the Red Sox used electronic communication from the dugout to steal opponents' signs and relay them to Boston players during games.

Rob Manfred on Red Sox investigation: There's no rule against sign stealing
The commissioner addressed MLB's ongoing look into the complaint filed by the Yankees and what factors would be considered in determining punishment.

Everything you need to know about sign-stealing
Did Boston actually break the rules? Will there be punishment? Here are the answers to the questions driving the Red Sox-Yankees investigation.
An industry source also indicated that the Red Sox were aware of that particular camera angle being used by the New York Yankees on at least one other occasion, but that this time they had captured the images that were forwarded to the commissioner's office.

Sources also indicated on Wednesday afternoon that as this issue began to fester in recent weeks, the hope of the commissioner's office was that the rivals would keep their sign-stealing allegations under wraps and out of public consumption.

But the New York Times broke the news Tuesday afternoon of the Yankees' allegations of the Red Sox stealing signs, exposing a story that now promises to hang over the two teams well into 2018.

The Times reported that the Red Sox admitted to Major League Baseball they used an Apple Watch to steal signals from opposing catchers -- including the Yankees -- and relay them to Boston players. While swiping signs has long been part of the game, using electronic devices to do it is against the rules.

MLB is looking into the allegations levied. Commissioner Rob Manfred, who was at Fenway Park on Tuesday night as part of a previously planned visit, said he wanted to get the matter resolved quickly. He didn't comment about possible penalties.

PostPosted: Sun September 10, 2017 12:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Eck and Remy ignoring O'Brien all game and reliving the late 1970s is everything to me.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 8:24 pm 
Poster of the Year

holy shit John Valentin is bad at this

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2017 10:58 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I believe they tried him out at this like 15 years ago and he was just as bad then.

PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2017 12:02 am 
Poster of the Year

I'd think by now, anyone who played for the Sox in the late 90s/early aughts and is any good at broadcasting, is probably already doing it.

PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2017 12:28 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I LOVED Todd Walker, I wish they'd bring him back when Eck is out.

PostPosted: Tue September 19, 2017 3:34 am 
Poster of the Year

PostPosted: Tue October 03, 2017 3:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I don't feel good about the starting pitching. Sale's durability. Where will Price pitch? Fister? Help me, team. Are we one & done again?

PostPosted: Tue October 03, 2017 3:55 pm 
Poster of the Year

probably, but I still think we have a better shot at it than last year

PostPosted: Tue October 03, 2017 9:27 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I expect one and done so anything beyond that is a bonus.

The real question: if they are one and done, especially via sweep, does Farrell go?

The answer is YES but I don't think they pull the trigger, maybe if they get swept.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 12:57 am 
Mind Your Tanners

It's kinda sad, with the payroll and such, that expectations are so low. Realistically low, I agree. But back-to-back AL East Champs for the first time. Yay.

I hope Farrell goes.

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 1:42 pm 
AnalLog

Coach wrote:
It's kinda sad, with the payroll and such, that expectations are so low. Realistically low, I agree. But back-to-back AL East Champs for the first time. Yay.

I hope Farrell goes.

$75 million of the payroll is Price, Sandoval and Hanley...kind of puts things into perspective really

and yes, Farrell needs to go

PostPosted: Wed October 04, 2017 3:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

MattA75 wrote:
Coach wrote:

I hope Farrell goes.

$75 million of the payroll is Price, Sandoval and Hanley...kind of puts things into perspective really

Dont forget Craig and Rusney!

PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 11:31 am 
AnalLog

numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Coach wrote:

I hope Farrell goes.

Wasn't Craig up after last year? Either way, yes, I definitely forgot about Rusney, and if Craig is there too, we're talking $100 million for 5 guys who have done virtually nothing this year...

PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 12:36 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

MattA75 wrote:
numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Coach wrote:

I hope Farrell goes.

Wasn't Craig up after last year? Either way, yes, I definitely forgot about Rusney, and if Craig is there too, we're talking $100 million for 5 guys who have done virtually nothing this year...

I believe Craig is still getting paid until the 2018 season ends.

PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 1:15 pm 
Rank This Poster

numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Coach wrote:

I hope Farrell goes.

Just $1 million next year, so not too bad.

They're in a weird spot for the next three years or so. They have a ton of talent on the team, but they're already well over the luxury tax next year once arbitration figures are factored in and they pick up the Kimbrel and Sale options.

PostPosted: Thu October 05, 2017 2:44 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

philpritchard wrote:
numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
numbers wrote:
MattA75 wrote:
Coach wrote:

I hope Farrell goes.

Just $1 million next year, so not too bad.

They're in a weird spot for the next three years or so. They have a ton of talent on the team, but they're already well over the luxury tax next year once arbitration figures are factored in and they pick up the Kimbrel and Sale options.

Yeah, all the money is tied up mostly with guys that are on the lower end of the production scale.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 175  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports