The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ed takes a knee
PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:08 pm 
Broken Tamborine

One day in NY, my friends mother (white) was shopping in a mall, she was in the parking lot and a black man went up to her for no reason and stabbed her multiple times to death. He said "he wanted to kill her because she lived her white lilly life"

Connie's Law came about from this.

I am not racist, I am merely stating facts. And if you deny the rate of crime committed by black people in the US you are just a pussy who doesn't want to rock the boat. I grew up in NY and still live hear and have friends and people I work with from all different races. Do you have any idea how many black people I know that leave where they grew up to live in the burbs so they can have relief from the harassment they are surrounded by in ghetto areas of NY? There are parts of NY that you cannot enter because it is so dangerous especially parts of Queens. You people don't know shit, just live in your bubble, the problem is only getting worse. Chicago is an example as well, are you kidding me?

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:10 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Yep, what strat said.

Took me about 10 seconds of googling to unfortunately find a forum called "Ni**ermania" where posters are all talking about how they visit The Daily Kenn.

This shit is repulsive. I'm outta here. Don't feed the troll.

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:11 pm 
Broken Tamborine

evenslow wrote:
Yep, what strat said.

Took me about 10 seconds of googling to unfortunately find a forum called "Ni**ermania" where posters are all talking about how they visit The Daily Kenn.

Forget that site, stats are stats, look them up.

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:14 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

LuNY wrote:
Between 2001 and 2003, for example, there were an average of 15,400 black-on-white rapes every year during this period, 139,000 robberies, 489,000 assaults, and 12,762 sexual assaults. By contrast, there were only 900 “white”-on-black rapes every year, 7,600 robberies, 101,000 assaults, and 3,217 sexual assaults. Of all 768,879 violent interracial crimes involving blacks and whites, blacks committed 85 percent and 'whites' 15 percent.

Based on those statistics, black-on-white rapes occur at a rate of 42.19 per day. That's an average of 1.75 black-on-white rapes occurring every hour continuously, or about one every 34 minutes.

I don't think it's race, but its the shit culture surrounding minorities and the demands of their rights of passage to be considered a man. Shit is fucked up. Not all but many. Just a fact, there is plenty of white trash out there as well. But when a minority group is causing so much crime you have to step back and wonder what the fuck is going on, without fear of being called a racist. Touchy subject? I don't care.........

BTW, I have a calculator, too. Using the stats I quoted above, there were 99,400 "white-on-black" sexual assaults annually from 2012-2013, which averages to 272 per day, or 11 per hour, or one every 5 minutes or so. Are white people from a "shit culture" stemming from "demands of their rights of passage to be considered a man"?

(If we're being honest, I'd probably answer "yes" in the sense that American culture as a whole presents a very specific version of what manhood is, so that whether you're white, black, Hispanic, or anything else, you're conditioned from a young age to be sexually dominant; that's not really what we're talking about, though [and to take it one step further, I always bristle at discussions like this--let the record show that I think there's a super-dangerous flaw by starting the conversation with, "Well, we need to protect our women!" It's icky-misogynistic in so many ways]).

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:15 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

LuNY wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Yep, what strat said.

Forget that site, stats are stats, look them up.

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" etc etc etc

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:15 pm 
Rank This Poster

stip wrote:
also please dont call people fucking idiots unless you have documentation of their IQ and current sexusl habits

Just curious, how hard and fast a rule is this?

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:16 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

digster wrote:
stip wrote:
also please dont call people fucking idiots unless you have documentation of their IQ and current sexusl habits

Just curious, how hard and fast a rule is this?

The "funny sex stories" thread is going to make it a lot easier to call people "fucking idiots" I guess.

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:21 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Serious props to ST for actually being willing to engage with someone this clearly dense, I wouldn't think there's any point

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:34 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

One thing that's troubling to me and (I assume) other posters, LuNY, is that you seem to ascribe racial animus to nearly every instance of "black-on-white" crime--maybe that's stemming from the personal story you shared above, and, of course, that's a human thing we all do: try to place meaning on big, nearly impossible to understand events by looking at our personal experiences and fanning out (I'm sure we can all look at our lives and admit to examples of this). And while crimes of that nature surely do exist--the story you told, the Charleston shooting, Reginald Denny's murder, and so on and so forth--most crimes are just committed by assholes, desperate people, ignorant people, and so on, with no thought to the victim. Getting yourself twisted up in knots over sexual assaults committed by black people against white people is especially unnerving to read about, since it echoes fears of miscegenation that have been ingrained in American society since the beginning, and descriptions of black men as wild animals who can't control their sexual urges (do they still teach To Kill A Mockingbird in schools? they must).

I can almost feel you winding up with a response of something like, "Yeah, well, people like to say all cops are racist, and especially cops that kill black guys--and this one cop who killed a black guy wasn't even white!" I think there are plenty of people out there who flatly accuse all police of being racist, and I think that's reductive in a lot of ways. There are plenty of conversations to be had about implicit bias, though, which would be a whole lot of fun--but I've got to go to work!

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:45 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I love all people, it is a topic that gets knee jerk reactions. I am anonymous here, yet I still to complete strangers want to get across that I am certainly not racist, well because I'm not. Have a good day everyone, I don't want to post anymore on this topic, everything gets distorted. I like Pearl Jam I think that's all that matters on this forum. Ed took a knee because it's his right, but I was pointing out that there are plenty of divisive topics to take a knee for. Whatever.

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 3:48 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Roll Tide

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 4:27 pm 
AnalLog

McParadigm wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Of my top 1000 songs, I doubt any of them are political.

I'm calling bullshit on that Burt.

I'd probably say the same as Burt. Political music is a noble concept and often expresses crucial sentiments but more often than not the execution just doesn't deliver.

It depends on how you qualify "political" music, too. A lot of people like to place tight limits on the term, but you'll never sell me that songs like Street Fighting Man, Sympathy for the Devil, Tomorrow Never Knows, Mississippi Goddamn, That's the Way, White Riot, Listening Wind, and on and on aren't explicitly tied to some combination of expressed worldview or values, current event/social change, and/or desire to express dissatisfaction with something beyond the basic personal.

For What It's Worth, Ohio, Get up Stand Up, Born in the USA, etc....

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 5:05 pm 
The Master

If you find yourself is a situation where you are trying to convince others you’re not a racist...

Well....

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 6:33 pm 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
If you find yourself is a situation where you are trying to convince others you’re not a racist...

Well....

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 6:42 pm 
The Master

"I love all people" oh goddddddddd :roll:

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 7:38 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

jwfocker wrote:
Strat wrote:

Well....

Lol come on. what kind of mindset is that?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 7:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
jwfocker wrote:
Strat wrote:

Well....

jwfocker is a mute, burt. don't be mean.

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 8:02 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I'm boycotting until they get rid of the coach's challenge. Some things are worth fighting against.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 8:06 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
jwfocker wrote:
Strat wrote:

Well....

I mean, in the entire history of RM, luNY has never made anything approaching a sane post, but the "defending yourself against accusations of racism makes you a racist" is exactly the fucktarded liberal illogic that makes me want to throw half the country's population out of a helicopter.

PostPosted: Fri September 29, 2017 8:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
jwfocker wrote:
Strat wrote:

Well....

I mean, in the entire history of RM, luNY has never made anything approaching a sane post, but the "defending yourself against accusations of racism makes you a racist" is exactly the fucktarded liberal illogic that makes me want to throw half the country's population out of a helicopter.

that's a good and deep reason to knock off half the world's population

i'd wipe out half just because

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam