The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 1182  Next

Early Impressions
5 stars 26%  26%  [ 69 ]
4 stars 55%  55%  [ 144 ]
3 stars 10%  10%  [ 26 ]
2 star 6%  6%  [ 16 ]
1 star 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 262
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 6:22 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

McParadigm wrote:
Sonos is basically Beats for middle age idiots...low quality sound, ugly boosts in frequencies that support presence, and rounded EQing in ranges that fit your age range's hearing. The brand's own salespeople caution against describing it as high fidelity.

But for a band that approved S/T and Lightning Bolt's nightmarishly putrid mixes, it's a logical fit.

It's mostly the absent philosophy that makes it sad. From "our music is too important to discolor with product associations," to "what is it jk who cares." There are choices between Fugazi and Bon Jovi.

Digm, I can always rely on you for clarity in these situations. You're a martyr amongst men.

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 6:37 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

During the making of Ten, Ed was a 26 year old guy working at a gas station, spending his hard earned money on his cute girlfriend, his band, hiking, music and surfing in San Diego. Not a bad life, probably better than most. Still when he travelled to Seattle he was basically dirt poor and without a job there. Girlfriend stuck in San Diego, no surfing, quit his old band and job. Naturally he would have dreams of getting his life in order, living with Beth again, living off the music. When the success hit it was probably overwhelming 27-28 year old Ed had made it. So you stick to your ideals, but you buy a great home, stuff for your girl, you go surfing in Hawaii, and you almost feel guilty for it. Outward you pretend to be the same, but slowly you change, just a little.

Now he's 52. He's been a multi millionaire half his life. He's got kids he want to provide for, a gorgeous younger wife, multi millionaire band mates, he's played with all his favorite musicians, released solo work, the Cubs have won the World Series and he was their mascot. He wants to keep this sweet life going. Someone suggests that if they enter a partnership with a speaker system, that will help bring their earnings up to 2016 level. Why would he protest?

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 6:52 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

It's mostly just funny

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 6:52 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Should we start a Gofundme?

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 1:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

McParadigm wrote:
Sonos is basically Beats for middle age idiots...low quality sound, ugly boosts in frequencies that support presence, and rounded EQing in ranges that fit your age range's hearing. The brand's own salespeople caution against describing it as high fidelity.

But for a band that approved S/T and Lightning Bolt's nightmarishly putrid mixes, it's a logical fit.

It's mostly the absent philosophy that makes it sad. From "our music is too important to discolor with product associations," to "what is it jk who cares." There are choices between Fugazi and Bon Jovi.

I'm really happy with this. It supports my 55-inch LG OLED, which is framed like a painting in a neat, custom made entertainment center built into my wall by a local millwork company. The TV and sound was provided and installed by a local home entertainment business consultant, which I choose to support - I like to support the local economy and small business.

If this isn't the "right" sound choice for such a set up, please tell me, what would you recommend? Please note: everything is hidden, the sub can go anywhere, most of it is wireless, so those are must-haves. Money is no object. Thanks.

http://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/3-1-hom ... r-sub.html

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 1:17 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Anders wrote:
During the making of Ten, Ed was a 26 year old guy working at a gas station, spending his hard earned money on his cute girlfriend, his band, hiking, music and surfing in San Diego. Not a bad life, probably better than most. Still when he travelled to Seattle he was basically dirt poor and without a job there. Girlfriend stuck in San Diego, no surfing, quit his old band and job. Naturally he would have dreams of getting his life in order, living with Beth again, living off the music. When the success hit it was probably overwhelming 27-28 year old Ed had made it. So you stick to your ideals, but you buy a great home, stuff for your girl, you go surfing in Hawaii, and you almost feel guilty for it. Outward you pretend to be the same, but slowly you change, just a little.

Now he's 52. He's been a multi millionaire half his life. He's got kids he want to provide for, a gorgeous younger wife, multi millionaire band mates, he's played with all his favorite musicians, released solo work, the Cubs have won the World Series and he was their mascot. He wants to keep this sweet life going. Someone suggests that if they enter a partnership with a speaker system, that will help bring their earnings up to 2016 level. Why would he protest?

Exactly. It's smart business and sounds like a great life that I'm sure he appreciates and spreads the wealth among his brothers and other family members. I'd also add the millions he raises for charity, too.

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 1:29 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Coach wrote:
Anders wrote:

Exactly. It's smart business and sounds like a great life that I'm sure he appreciates and spreads the wealth among his brothers and other family members. I'd also add the millions he raises for charity, too.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 3:37 pm 
The Master

How much of the PRAMG is to support the Ten Club and road crew's livelihood and families? I've always wondered what the operating cost is for all of that.

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 3:44 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Coach wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

I'm really happy with this. It supports my 55-inch LG OLED, which is framed like a painting in a neat, custom made entertainment center built into my wall by a local millwork company. The TV and sound was provided and installed by a local home entertainment business consultant, which I choose to support - I like to support the local economy and small business.

If this isn't the "right" sound choice for such a set up, please tell me, what would you recommend? Please note: everything is hidden, the sub can go anywhere, most of it is wireless, so those are must-haves. Money is no object. Thanks.

Strange post

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 8:37 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

theplatypus wrote:
Coach wrote:
McParadigm wrote:

Strange post

He's posting spam now. This supports my earlier theory about Coach.

I'm scared.

PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 4:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The news about this album seems to be slower than ever.

PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 4:54 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

*retarded cop in the Harvey Dent news conference scene in The Dark Knight voice* Things are worse than ever!!!

PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 4:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Pretty much. :mrgreen: At least we’ve got Let’s Play Two.

PostPosted: Sat October 21, 2017 11:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

has chris chelios provided any updates recently

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 1:43 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Looks like we can continue with the rumors and speculation for a while.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premi ... ng-w510578

Quote:
The Levee Walkers are a Seattle-based supergroup featuring Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready, Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Barrett Martin of Screaming Trees and many other projects

This is getting beyond ridiculous. PEARL JAM IS THE SIDE PROJECT.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 2:01 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

evenslow wrote:
Looks like we can continue with the rumors and speculation for a while.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premi ... ng-w510578

Quote:
The Levee Walkers are a Seattle-based supergroup featuring Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready, Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Barrett Martin of Screaming Trees and many other projects

This is getting beyond ridiculous. PEARL JAM IS THE SIDE PROJECT.

Yeah but their new music is coming out today or something, so they are done working on it essentially. I'm sure an new PJ album is next....

Spoiler: show
:shake:

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 2:04 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Stuff like this could be an indication that they're meeting, playing stuff, and casting off stuff that doesn't work for Pearl Jam.

Or, more likely, Barrett Martin was helping with Ayron Jones' new album, and a song came up that he liked and he asked Mike & Duff to join in. That means this is an indication of nothing Pearl Jammy whatsoever.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 2:06 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

B wrote:
Stuff like this could be an indication that they're meeting, playing stuff, and casting off stuff that doesn't work for Pearl Jam.

Likely it's the opposite. The stuff that they are most passionate about is probably getting onto these other records rather than waiting for PJ to get their shit together.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 2:07 pm 
Stone's Bitch

B wrote:
nothing Pearl Jammy whatsoever.

Bingo.

PostPosted: Fri November 03, 2017 2:10 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Don't they already have 2 songs ready for the album?

Out of Sand (live, Ed only)
Out of Sand (studio, Ed only)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 1182  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam