The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 1182  Next

Early Impressions
5 stars 26%  26%  [ 69 ]
4 stars 55%  55%  [ 144 ]
3 stars 10%  10%  [ 26 ]
2 star 6%  6%  [ 16 ]
1 star 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 262
 Post subject: Re: 11th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 7:55 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
They're advertising for a speaker company. I'm kinda gutted by this. So depressing. Even the wording of it makes my skin crawl.

https://www.facebook.com/PearlJam/video ... 262502485/

Well gentlemen, it finally happened.

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 10:15 am 
Looks Like a Cat

bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
They're advertising for a speaker company. I'm kinda gutted by this. So depressing. Even the wording of it makes my skin crawl.

Well gentlemen, it finally happened.

Someone made a speaker worthy of PRAMG Pearl Jam's live shows?

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 11:43 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Coach wrote:
I love my Sonos system. Clean, no wires. It's freaking awesome.

Ok, now go make a record so I can blast it on my system, fellas.

They've infiltrated us. Coach is the Tenclub mole!

I would happily take my $1,500 sound bar and sub system out back, smash it to pieces aka Office Space style, in return for a new PJ album. I would then just go buy another Sonos system. I guess that's what happens when pearl jam fans become....adults w/ jobs. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 12:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
90's
Friend: Pearl Jam?
Pearl Jam: Fuck yeah!

00's
Pearl Jam: We're trying to.

10's
Pearl Jam:

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 1:06 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

:lol: Perfection

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 2:13 pm 
Stone's Bitch

McParadigm (b. 1980)
McP in Hell, 2017

Digital on canvas

Collection of Edward Louis Severson III

Artist and pioneer of the early 21st century "Gloom Movement," McParadigm worked mostly in GIFs about Pearl Jam as he began his career in post-grunge America. His first patron was a man named Edward Louis Severson III, whom McParadigm didn't realize was the given name of singer Eddie Vedder, ostensibly the man McParadigm was attempting to spoof through the early decades of his GIF career. With McP in Hell, the artist transitions into a larger digital scope for the first of many successful attempts at the form. "I wanted to convey my sense of doom and dread in regard to Pearl Jam's Lightning Bolt," McP told the Pearl Jam message board Red Mosquito in 2017. "In this work, I am represented as a prehistoric bird, trapped in what I call the 'Ninth Circle of Music Hell,' in which I am Dante forever traveling the circle of late period Pearl Jam vinyl, as it were."

Working an elaborate rouse, patron Severson III bought up all of McParadigm's work after a Seattle showing at Galleria Potato Head II in 2034. It was later revealed that he brought the collection home and dropped each piece one by one down the firepole well into a ready burning pit of flame. McP in Hell is the only work to survive.

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 2:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

So you're saying I'll get my money back

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 2:25 pm 
Stone's Bitch

On his deathbed, situated in the firepole room of his Seattle estate (surrounded by pictures of Johnny Ramone), Vedder leaned forward to his daughter and whispered, "Worth... every... penny." With that he expired and, per his wishes, was dropped down the firepole well into a ready burning pit of flame.

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 2:26 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

dimejinky99 wrote:

Corduroy for the millionth time. Irony is off the scale with this latest cash grab. New technology being peddled with an old song made by old men. I suppose hair pieces still need paying for now they're retired.

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 2:51 pm 
AnalLog

Jeez wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

Corduroy for the millionth time. Irony is off the scale with this latest cash grab. New technology being peddled with an old song made by old men. I suppose hair pieces still need paying for now they're retired.

NEWS FLASH:

Aging: it happens to everyone. It's nice to hold on to those youthful extremes but honestly I'd say this is less about a cash grab and more about the myriad avenues of promotion that bands have to exploit nowadays in order to *GASP* sell their product to a wide audience. Jesus, it's a speaker system for Christ's sake...what's the big deal partnering with a band for mutual promotion?

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 2:53 pm 
AnalLog

Jeez wrote:

Oh and if you want to bitch about retired old men and their hairpieces you should totally troll this place:

http://community.aarp.org/

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 4:06 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Jeez wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I don't think the Sonos target market is 18-24 year olds. Pearl Jam and Corduroy were very relevant in 1994. That would mean they are aiming for 35-50 year olds with the disposable income to spend on $200-$700 speakers.

Sounds like the core PJ audience to me.

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 4:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

McParadigm wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
90's
Pearl Jam: Fuck yeah!

00's
Pearl Jam: We're trying to.

10's
Pearl Jam:

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 9:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The Sonos app is also very slick. Have it on my Mac and iPhone, control everything from that. The products are really innovative. I think it's a solid choice...if you had a chance to make enough money to set up your kids and your kids' kids for life....wouldn't you take it? Jeez. My only gripe is lack of new music.

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 10:26 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i love sonos, fwiw

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 11:56 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Oh god, they've gotten to snatch too. We're doomed.

REPENT.

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 2:50 am 
Rank This Poster

I can't believe some people have a problem with this. It's nothing.

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 4:23 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sonos is basically Beats for middle age idiots...low quality sound, ugly boosts in frequencies that support presence, and rounded EQing in ranges that fit your age range's hearing. The brand's own salespeople caution against describing it as high fidelity.

But for a band that approved S/T and Lightning Bolt's nightmarishly putrid mixes, it's a logical fit.

It's mostly the absent philosophy that makes it sad. From "our music is too important to discolor with product associations," to "what is it jk who cares." There are choices between Fugazi and Bon Jovi.

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 5:14 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

meatwad wrote:
Jeez wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

NEWS FLASH:

Aging: it happens to everyone. It's nice to hold on to those youthful extremes but honestly I'd say this is less about a cash grab and more about the myriad avenues of promotion that bands have to exploit nowadays in order to *GASP* sell their product to a wide audience. Jesus, it's a speaker system for Christ's sake...what's the big deal partnering with a band for mutual promotion?

NEWS FLASH:

I understand the marketing strategy, so there was no need for the snide response. It's not just a speaker system, it's yet another example of this band peddling merch to a gullible fanbase who've already made them and their family's unbelievably well off. The contradictions are pretty funny to me because they seem awfully shy when it comes to anybody daring to ask them when they'll resume the day job yet they don't mind their art being used to flog product. The complete 360 they've made is beyond parody. I'd just like to see new music or them simply having the balls to call it a day.

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 5:22 am 
Future Drummer

Jeez wrote:
meatwad wrote:
Jeez wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

NEWS FLASH:

NEWS FLASH:

I understand the marketing strategy, so there was no need for the snide response. It's not just a speaker system, it's yet another example of this band peddling merch to a gullible fanbase who've already made them and their family's unbelievably well off. The contradictions are pretty funny to me because they seem awfully shy when it comes to anybody daring to ask them when they'll resume the day job yet they don't mind their art being used to flog product. The complete 360 they've made is beyond parody. I'd just like to see new music or them simply having the balls to call it a day.

This is absolutely true...

Its not just a speaker company. Its Target, FRIENDS, dog collars, trading cards, and this band who raged against ticket master for overcharging and overmarketing now has higher ticket prices than most rock bands. The list goes on and on. They ARE truly a parody of everything they once told us they were. Now, Let's Play Two...

PRAMG , indeed!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 1182  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam