The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Antifa?
PostPosted: Sat September 02, 2017 6:20 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
If they're Trump supporters who got beaten up, I honestly don't really give a shit at this point.

And there we have it. Apparently this country is dumb enough to deserve another term of Trump.

PostPosted: Sat September 02, 2017 6:21 pm 
The Master

Yeah that makes perfect sense

PostPosted: Sat September 02, 2017 7:07 pm 
Poster of the Year

If you voted for Trump after he basically accepted an endorsement from David Duke, you deserve a punch in the face.

PostPosted: Sat September 02, 2017 7:18 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat September 02, 2017 8:02 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2017 12:32 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
If they're Trump supporters who got beaten up, I honestly don't really give a shit at this point.

You should care. People who derive pleasure from violently assaulting others tend to find new targets when their first victims aren't around anymore.

To follow NoAngel:

First they came for the Trump voters, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trump voter.

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2017 2:43 pm 
The Master

Yeah just like we started killing Americans once we ran out of Nazis to kill. That's how it works, all right.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 9:58 pm 
Future Drummer

I love how Trump supporters suddenly become sensitive towards the feelings of others when a liberal reacts violently towards something outrageous. It never fails. So transparent and disingenuous.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 10:04 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 10:09 pm 

PostPosted: Thu September 07, 2017 11:37 pm 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
Ha yeah people tend to be sensitive to violence when retarded assholes start attacking random people because they are "nazis"

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, you would feel the same way. Not.

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 4:55 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
I love how Trump supporters suddenly become sensitive towards the feelings of others when a liberal reacts violently towards something outrageous. It never fails. So transparent and disingenuous.

What does this even mean?

PostPosted: Fri September 08, 2017 11:25 am 
The Master

simple schoolboy wrote:

Seems pretty clear. Which part are you having trouble understanding?

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 2:49 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

Being concerned about people getting punched and bludgeoned /= "sensitive towards ... feelings".

Also, wearing a MAGA hat or merely attending a Trump rally in 2016 especially, not that outrageous. Patriot Prayer, not outrageous. Befuddling, maybe. Outrageous? How?

Charlottesville, outrageous? I'll grant you that. That however, did not occur in a vacuum.

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 4:04 am 
Rank This Poster

I have to admit, I've had difficulty understanding the rush of "your side does it, too" utilizing Antifa in the aftermath of Charlottesville. Isn't that tacitly acknowledging that "your side" equals individuals supporting white supremacy? I get that it's been proven in 2017 that's not really the disqualifying characteristic we may have expected, but it's still something I'm surprised to be thrown around as easily as it has been in the weeks since.

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 4:16 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

digster wrote:
I have to admit, I've had difficulty understanding the rush of "your side does it, too" utilizing Antifa in the aftermath of Charlottesville. Isn't that tacitly acknowledging that "your side" equals individuals supporting white supremacy? I get that it's been proven in 2017 that's not really the disqualifying characteristic we may have expected, but it's still something I'm surprised to be thrown around as easily as it has been in the weeks since.

What violent white supremacy? Where has the KKK been holding rallies and lynching folks? The idea that the far right is an actual threat is rather laughable. They can coordinate tiki torch marches, but seem incapable of intimidating people out of voting.

You seem to be complaining that the right is engaged in a sort of false equivalency, and that the right initiated violence.

I'm saying that antifa started with violence well before the far right got involved in visible rallies (at least in this last election cycle).

Unless of course you believe that speech = violence, in which case we are at an impasse.

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 4:25 am 
The Master

You guys remember when that white supremacist drove his car into a bunch of protestors? Or did that no longer happen now?

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 4:27 am 

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 4:29 am 
The Master

simple schoolboy wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
simple schoolboy wrote:

Being concerned about people getting punched and bludgeoned /= "sensitive towards ... feelings".

Also, wearing a MAGA hat or merely attending a Trump rally in 2016 especially, not that outrageous. Patriot Prayer, not outrageous. Befuddling, maybe. Outrageous? How?

Charlottesville, outrageous? I'll grant you that. That however, did not occur in a vacuum.

When these same people haven't been concerned at all with how their views, politics, privilege, and ignorance marginalize, dehumanize, and endanger minorities, then yeah, they're being selectively sensitive to the feelings/safety of white, racist pieces of shit. Like them.

PostPosted: Sat September 09, 2017 4:30 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
You guys remember when that white supremacist drove his car into a bunch of protestors? Or did that no longer happen now?

and?

He asked "What violent white supremacy?" And, yeah, white supremacy is inherently violent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate