The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate

Post subject: Antifa?
PostPosted: Thu August 31, 2017 4:59 am 
Broken Tamborine

Antifa also organized rural areas of Houston and saved lives, eased comfort, and gave people a way out of the chaos.

Literally more than the fucking Red Cross did with 1/2 a billion dollars in donations after the Haiti Earthquakes., which was to build 6 houses. SIX FUCKING HOUSES.

Post subject: Re: Antifa?
PostPosted: Thu August 31, 2017 5:30 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu August 31, 2017 6:08 am 
Broken Tamborine

a dancing gif?

Does rational, somewhat elevated political discourse exist anymore, anywhere?

Still looking...

PostPosted: Thu August 31, 2017 6:10 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Tue March 07, 2023 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu August 31, 2017 6:25 am 
Broken Tamborine

diversity suddenly a fear.

PostPosted: Thu August 31, 2017 7:14 am 

PostPosted: Thu August 31, 2017 7:21 am 
Broken Tamborine

BurtReynolds wrote:
RM is incredibly diverse. There are white guys from every continent here. Except Antarctica, I think.

that's it. people seem not have any sense of compassion.....

A 500 year storm hit Houston....is it something to use? to gain an advantage over someone else? To tear each other down?

Why isn't it a wakeup call for us all to work towards something positive, a message to prepare for what's to come?

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 1:33 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Noangel wrote:
Antifa also organized rural areas of Houston and saved lives, eased comfort, and gave people a way out of the chaos.

Literally more than the fucking Red Cross did with 1/2 a billion dollars in donations after the Haiti Earthquakes., which was to build 6 houses. SIX FUCKING HOUSES.
Noangel wrote:
Does rational, somewhat elevated political discourse exist anymore, anywhere?

Still looking...

i can't find it here either

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 6:24 am 
Technical Overlord

Oh I found it.
But my help only answers to the name bitcoins.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 10:30 am 
post-structuralist

"oooh"

Spoiler: show
people change. people stay the same. people are so often disappointing - random PM, person unnamed

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 3:00 pm 
See you in another life, brother

More antifa and less of those fascist machines!

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 6:15 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I thought this was a great piece right here: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/drawing-distinctions-antifa-the-alt-right-and-black-lives-matter/538320/
Quote:
If the guiding framework in public discourse is a binary—“Are you for or against Antifa?”—lots of people will feel themselves to be deeply at odds despite the fact that a nuanced airing of their views would reveal broad areas of agreement and shared values. It is much easier to discern that common ground if a conversation about Antifa distinguishes between its means and its ends; or its stated means and its actual means; or the project of anti-fascism and the group Antifa; or any number of other nuances.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 9:15 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Dscans wrote:
I thought this was a great piece right here: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/drawing-distinctions-antifa-the-alt-right-and-black-lives-matter/538320/
Quote:
If the guiding framework in public discourse is a binary—“Are you for or against Antifa?”—lots of people will feel themselves to be deeply at odds despite the fact that a nuanced airing of their views would reveal broad areas of agreement and shared values. It is much easier to discern that common ground if a conversation about Antifa distinguishes between its means and its ends; or its stated means and its actual means; or the project of anti-fascism and the group Antifa; or any number of other nuances.

The dumbing down to of the whole debate to "are you for or against white supremacy" is ridiculous, especially in the context of the tragedy in Charlottesville. No should have to choose between Marxism and Nazism.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 9:19 pm 
The Master

It's an easy choice, bi

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 9:26 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
It's an easy choice, bi

it's a false dichotomy.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 9:30 pm 
The Master

You're right. The real choice is capitalism, communism, or fascism (which is becoming linked to the first option these days). I don't want any of them, to be honest.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 9:39 pm 

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 9:58 pm 
The Master

just burn it all down

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 10:02 pm 
Rank This Poster

I fucking hate the Gadsden flag.

This isn't the 1800s. Apostrophes matter.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 10:03 pm 

Board index » Word on the Street » News & Debate