The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 290  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official WWE/Pro Wrestling thread
PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 1:14 am 
slower than 82% of US

OmegaprimeVKM wrote:
Summerslam predictions:

- Ambrose to turn heel
- Brock dropping the title to Strawman
- Bray Wyatt to be a fat bastard who can't wrestle and job for the umpteenth time
- Big show to accidentally eat Enzo

former wrestlers love Bray Wyatt. He can wrestle. I agree that his booking isn't great by any means

PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 2:30 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Mecca wrote:
numbers wrote:
Well I don't see the harm in advertising it, we all knew it was happening. Its better to have a storyline reason for him to do it rather than it just happening.

but saying its going to happen kinda shits on the storytelling aspect of the show. I don't know why you're fighting me on this. It makes sense in the story, but advertising that he's going to put on his makeup totally takes away from the story of Finn having a demon inside him that can get awakened at certain times

But if he just "awakens" at every big PPV without explanation it just becomes Finn Balor paints up for PPVs. If they actually do an angle that gives him a reason to turn to The Demon I think it's better. TBH I'm just really happy they've resisted the urge to put him in the paint all the time.

PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 4:45 am 
slower than 82% of US

numbers wrote:
Mecca wrote:
numbers wrote:
Well I don't see the harm in advertising it, we all knew it was happening. Its better to have a storyline reason for him to do it rather than it just happening.

but saying its going to happen kinda shits on the storytelling aspect of the show. I don't know why you're fighting me on this. It makes sense in the story, but advertising that he's going to put on his makeup totally takes away from the story of Finn having a demon inside him that can get awakened at certain times

But if he just "awakens" at every big PPV without explanation it just becomes Finn Balor paints up for PPVs. If they actually do an angle that gives him a reason to turn to The Demon I think it's better. TBH I'm just really happy they've resisted the urge to put him in the paint all the time.

I don't think you're understanding my problem with it. They literally had michael cole say that the demon king is showing up at summer slam complete with a screen graphic. That's how we know he is painting up. That's embarrassing. Bray covering him in "blood" is enough to draw from as a reason for the demon being brought out.

PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 11:39 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Mecca wrote:
numbers wrote:
Mecca wrote:
numbers wrote:

I don't think you're understanding my problem with it. They literally had michael cole say that the demon king is showing up at summer slam complete with a screen graphic. That's how we know he is painting up. That's embarrassing. Bray covering him in "blood" is enough to draw from as a reason for the demon being brought out.

I agree, it was retarded. The backstage bit where Finn says he has his demons too was fine. The crowd popped and it made us all immediately think the demon was showing up on Sunday. But, WWE being WWE just totally killed the buzz by officially announcing 20 mins later that the demon will be there on Sunday.

If they'd just left it at the backstage bit, it was perfect. Morons.

Also, I want Brock to keep the gold until Mania and drop it to Braun on the big stage. Keep Dean and Seth together for a few months and then slowly bring Roman back into the fold and have a full Shield reunion on the road to Mania. Roman doesn't need to be in the main event for the belt, it's Braun's turn.

PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 4:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I'm pretty confident this Shield reunion is being done to try and get Roman over before he faces Brock at Mania. Hopefully things change.

PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 8:34 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I just don't think it's a big deal that they are advertising The Demon, they're trying to get it over. It's far from the most egregious booking decision even on this PPV.

PostPosted: Thu August 17, 2017 9:54 pm 
Future Drummer

southpaw returns tomorrow

PostPosted: Sat August 19, 2017 5:58 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Predictions for tonight:

Roode/McIntyre: McIntyre
Asuka/Moon: Moon
AOP/Sanity: AOP
Black/Itami: Itami
Gargano/Almas: Almas

PostPosted: Sun August 20, 2017 2:43 am 
Future Drummer

that was a great show.

PostPosted: Sun August 20, 2017 12:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Probably the best NXT show ever, I think the one where Zayn won the title is the only other one that compares.

Predictions for tonight:
Hardys&Jordan/Miztourage: Miztourage
Tozawa/Neville: Neville
New Day/Usos: New Day
Naomi/Nattie: Naomi
Alexa/Sasha: Alexa
Orton/Rusev: Rusev
Balor/Wyatt: Balor
Corbin/Cena: Cena
Sheamus&Cesaro/Ambrose&Rollins: Ambrose&Rollins
Cass/Show: Cass
Owens/Styles: Styles
Jinder/Nakamura: Jinder
Fatal 4 Way: Brock

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 10:15 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

So I liked Summerslam. It wasn't nearly as good as the NXT show and had some low points for sure, but the main event was bad ass and overall I thought it was a good show.

PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2017 6:40 pm 
Future Drummer

that cena/reigns segment was supposed to be hot but it was just hot garbage. what a dissapointment.

PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2017 7:48 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

AndySlash wrote:
that cena/reigns segment was supposed to be hot but it was just hot garbage. what a dissapointment.

Really? I thought it was awesome.

PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2017 8:04 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:

It was great. Best Raw in a while.

PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2017 9:36 pm 
The Master

i missed recording the first ten minutes and all i've seen so far was the battle royal

PostPosted: Tue August 29, 2017 9:36 pm 
Future Drummer

numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:

it should have been awesome. it wasn't. insider shit can work but it was way too forced here and very clearly spelled out as opposed to feeling spontaneous/anything can happen/'true' feelings coming out. roman looked a fool and cena didn't make any of it better when he could and should have. and you can say he tried, calling out roman on stalling and whatnot, but roman isn't the rock, and he needed to do more than just call him out on it, like giving him something else to work with, to help roman lift the segment instead of standing there looking like a chump. i mean, that's on roman, too, obviously, but cena kind of sandbagged him there. the crowd generally sucked for this, too.

i wanted to like it, i really did. but i was just disappointed. it wasn't bad by any stretch, but it was a let down given who was in there. they got time yet, though, so that's good. plus, seeds for cena/taker were planted, should that be a remote possibility.

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 12:13 am 
The Master

and that just randomly leads to a gallows/anderson match with them? weird

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 2:11 am 
slower than 82% of US

Anders wrote:
numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:

It was great. Best Raw in a while.

i thought that segment was pretty good. best part of raw imo

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 4:02 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

AndySlash wrote:
numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:

it should have been awesome. it wasn't. insider shit can work but it was way too forced here and very clearly spelled out as opposed to feeling spontaneous/anything can happen/'true' feelings coming out. roman looked a fool and cena didn't make any of it better when he could and should have. and you can say he tried, calling out roman on stalling and whatnot, but roman isn't the rock, and he needed to do more than just call him out on it, like giving him something else to work with, to help roman lift the segment instead of standing there looking like a chump. i mean, that's on roman, too, obviously, but cena kind of sandbagged him there. the crowd generally sucked for this, too.

i wanted to like it, i really did. but i was just disappointed. it wasn't bad by any stretch, but it was a let down given who was in there. they got time yet, though, so that's good. plus, seeds for cena/taker were planted, should that be a remote possibility.

You make some good points. I feel like people ripping on Cena for making Reigns look bad are off though. Reigns is supposed to be the top guy, he needs to be able to hang in a segment like that and I felt like Cena's job there was to really go hard at him and see how Reigns does. To me it's not Cena's fault that Reigns cant hang.

PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 4:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:
numbers wrote:
AndySlash wrote:

You make some good points. I feel like people ripping on Cena for making Reigns look bad are off though. Reigns is supposed to be the top guy, he needs to be able to hang in a segment like that and I felt like Cena's job there was to really go hard at him and see how Reigns does. To me it's not Cena's fault that Reigns cant hang.

I agree. Cena clearly had the better promo, and it felt sort of organic. Reigns had a lot more trouble staying loose and using the crowd. No surprise there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 290  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Sports