Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

Writing...
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=433
Page 13 of 15

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Sat November 05, 2016 1:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

Hey Burt, what's the update on your book? When's it arriving? How many copies are pre-sold/remain? You getting into any of the brick-and-mortars? Amazon? Whatever you feel like sharing.

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Sat November 05, 2016 1:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

Yeah! I want a copy, dickface.

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Sat November 05, 2016 3:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

I think around 2300 have sold/pre-ordered, but I ordered another 1000 or so. You can still pre-order the regular softcover or hardcover.

I'm thinking they will be shipped in January. It's basically a guess though.

A few comic shops have ordered some, but I haven't really reached out to many yet.

For now I'll probably just sell it on my website instead of Amazon because of their cut and because I've heard of a few horror stories dealing with them.

Looks like that publisher is still interested, but they want some sort of different format (I think they want to combine book 1 and 2). It would be separate from this printing. If that ever goes through, it will be at the usual places. I think I might shop it around to different publishers if I can ever find the time. And I'll have to find an agent.

Very exciting times, but it's frustrating because I have zero time and all I want to do is start the second book. I'm falling apart and I might die any day now, but it still beats a job.

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Sat November 05, 2016 3:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't believe in writer's block.

I don't either, but it's still good advice for procrastination. I tend to get paralyzed by perfectionism at times. Just make shitty art.

Author:  96583UP [ Sat November 05, 2016 3:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

durdencommatyler wrote:
Yeah! I want a copy, dickface.
BurtReynolds wrote:
I think around 2300 have sold/pre-ordered, but I ordered another 1000 or so. You can still pre-order the regular softcover or hardcover.

I'm thinking they will be shipped in January. It's basically a guess though.

A few comic shops have ordered some, but I haven't really reached out to many yet.

For now I'll probably just sell it on my website instead of Amazon because of their cut and because I've heard of a few horror stories dealing with them.

Looks like that publisher is still interested, but they want some sort of different format (I think they want to combine book 1 and 2). It would be separate from this printing. If that ever goes through, it will be at the usual places. I think I might shop it around to different publishers if I can ever find the time. And I'll have to find an agent.

Very exciting times, but it's frustrating because I have zero time and all I want to do is start the second book. I'm falling apart and I might die any day now, but it still beats a job.


fuck yes. go Burt. GO DAMN YOU

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Sat November 05, 2016 3:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

:thumbsup:

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Sat November 05, 2016 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

BurtReynolds wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't believe in writer's block.

I don't either, but it's still good advice for procrastination. I tend to get paralyzed by perfectionism at times. Just make shitty art.

Oh totes. I'm the same way. I've started writing out my books/stories long hand with a pen. It keeps me from editing as I go and falling victim to my usual procrastination/perfectionist bullshit.

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Sat November 05, 2016 5:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

BurtReynolds wrote:
I think around 2300 have sold/pre-ordered, but I ordered another 1000 or so. You can still pre-order the regular softcover or hardcover.

I'm thinking they will be shipped in January. It's basically a guess though.

A few comic shops have ordered some, but I haven't really reached out to many yet.

For now I'll probably just sell it on my website instead of Amazon because of their cut and because I've heard of a few horror stories dealing with them.

Looks like that publisher is still interested, but they want some sort of different format (I think they want to combine book 1 and 2). It would be separate from this printing. If that ever goes through, it will be at the usual places. I think I might shop it around to different publishers if I can ever find the time. And I'll have to find an agent.

Very exciting times, but it's frustrating because I have zero time and all I want to do is start the second book. I'm falling apart and I might die any day now, but it still beats a job.

:heartbeat:

Author:  theplatypus [ Sat November 05, 2016 5:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

durdencommatyler wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't believe in writer's block.

I don't either, but it's still good advice for procrastination. I tend to get paralyzed by perfectionism at times. Just make shitty art.

Oh totes. I'm the same way. I've started writing out my books/stories long hand with a pen. It keeps me from editing as I go and falling victim to my usual procrastination/perfectionist bullshit.


Guys do you realize that what you're describing is literally writer's block

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Sat November 05, 2016 5:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

theplatypus wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I don't believe in writer's block.

I don't either, but it's still good advice for procrastination. I tend to get paralyzed by perfectionism at times. Just make shitty art.

Oh totes. I'm the same way. I've started writing out my books/stories long hand with a pen. It keeps me from editing as I go and falling victim to my usual procrastination/perfectionist bullshit.


Guys do you realize that what you're describing is literally writer's block

writer's block

1.
the condition of being unable to think of what to write or how to proceed with writing.

Author:  The Argonaut [ Sat November 05, 2016 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

...which can manifest as procrastination

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Sat November 05, 2016 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

I would disagree.

Author:  theplatypus [ Sat November 05, 2016 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

But you're wrong. "Writer's block" is not a medical term with a strict and rigid definition, it is the general condition of being unable to produce work due to any number of factors. Perfectionism, loss of confidence, procrastination, these can all contribute to "writer's block".

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Sat November 05, 2016 6:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

Either I don't have writer's block, or I have writer's block every day. Depending on the definition I guess.

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Sat November 05, 2016 7:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

Burt, where could one purchase your book if one were so inclined?

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Sat November 05, 2016 7:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

http://www.scurrycomic.com/preorder/

Author:  lennytheweedwhacker [ Sat November 05, 2016 7:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

just don't let this cut into your rm time

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Sat November 05, 2016 8:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
just don't let this cut into your rm time

I may need to make sacrifices. RM is at the top of the list.

Author:  lennytheweedwhacker [ Sat November 05, 2016 8:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

BurtReynolds wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
just don't let this cut into your rm time

I may need to make sacrifices. RM is at the top of the list.

what else is on your list? dating? videogamering?

Author:  BurtReynolds [ Sat November 05, 2016 8:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Writing...

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
just don't let this cut into your rm time

I may need to make sacrifices. RM is at the top of the list.

what else is on your list? dating? videogamering?

Those were chopped long ago.

Page 13 of 15 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/