The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Writing...
PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 9:25 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

durdencommatyler wrote:
What a day. A lot of hard work. Five hours later and I'm feeling joyful, humble, surprised, privileged. The first draft of the first novel is coming along. There is an end in sight. 504 pages, 106,636 words.

The hardest part is just getting out of the way.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 11:54 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
What a day. A lot of hard work. Five hours later and I'm feeling joyful, humble, surprised, privileged. The first draft of the first novel is coming along. There is an end in sight. 504 pages, 106,636 words.

:hooray:
How did you work out how to get around the large "obstacle". (Dick jokes aside).

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 12:13 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

durdencommatyler wrote:

That's great! My first novel was 68,500, and it was brutal (and now, years later, I'm convinced it sucks). I have no idea if or when I'll have the chance to write my second; I'm jealous.

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 12:36 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

How did you work out how to get around the large "obstacle". (Dick jokes aside).

I guess you'll have to buy the book. ;)

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 12:56 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Oh, I will. ;) And I expect to see full credits, and a foreword dedication to me, for my brilliant and inspiring resolution to your obstacle. :D

Or maybe just a scribble in the first page or so saying:
"To my biggest fan, to whom I owe everything, Sgt. Crackpot. Love Durdencommatyler".

Either way. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 12:59 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Oh, I will. ;) And I expect to see full credits, and a foreword dedication to me, for my brilliant and inspiring resolution to your obstacle. :D

Or maybe just a scribble in the first page or so saying:
"To my biggest fan, to whom I owe everything, Sgt. Crackpot. Love Durdencommatyler".

Either way. :thumbsup:

:ohyeah!:

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 2:46 am 
Broken Tamborine

Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

That's great! My first novel was 68,500, and it was brutal (and now, years later, I'm convinced it sucks). I have no idea if or when I'll have the chance to write my second; I'm jealous.

I kinda feel bad that by the time I finally finished the first draft of your novel you had already self published it. And I had actually written down comments and suggestions that are now lost. Anyway, I've put my novel-in-the-works on the shelf and have been writing short stories lately.

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 2:48 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Dscans wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I kinda feel bad that by the time I finally finished the first draft of your novel you had already self published it. And I had actually written down comments and suggestions that are now lost. Anyway, I've put my novel-in-the-works on the shelf and have been writing short stories lately.

Keep writing, buddy.

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 2:52 am 
Broken Tamborine

durdencommatyler wrote:
Dscans wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Keep writing, buddy.

I'm trying like hell to force myself to. Which is odd because I actually enjoy the act of writing, it's like a natural high. But I still have to talk myself into it every time.

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 2:53 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

See?

Pearl Jam fans.....nothing but a bunch of dicks

.....all writing novels and silk-screened shirts & whatnot

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 2:59 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Just the worst kinds of people.

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 3:18 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

knee tunes wrote:
See?

Pearl Jam fans.....nothing but a bunch of dicks

.....all writing novels and silk-screened shirts & whatnot

I come for the music, I stay for the bunch of dicks.

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 4:12 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Dscans wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Oh, don't worry about it, man. I really do appreciate you even reading it, and feel equally as bad that I never gave you comments on your writing! Also, your comments wouldn't have saved it :lol:

Maybe I'll try to squeeze a story out this month...

PostPosted: Sat August 03, 2013 1:01 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

530 pages, 113,058 words. Two chapters left. This thing is bigger than I expected when I started out. Hopefully, it'll be done by Sunday and I can celebrate and relax. Give a week or two and then start the editing/rewrites. It's been humbling and wonderful all around. :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Sat August 03, 2013 7:26 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
530 pages, 113,058 words. Two chapters left. This thing is bigger than I expected when I started out. Hopefully, it'll be done by Sunday and I can celebrate and relax. Give a week or two and then start the editing/rewrites. It's been humbling and wonderful all around. :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Sun August 04, 2013 2:03 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Simple Torture wrote:
Dscans wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Oh, don't worry about it, man. I really do appreciate you even reading it, and feel equally as bad that I never gave you comments on your writing! Also, your comments wouldn't have saved it :lol:

Maybe I'll try to squeeze a story out this month...

That was an incomplete, half-baked, 15K word ramble I sent you. I have several shorter pieces that you can read and comment on in the time it takes to finish a cup of coffee if you'd rather.

PostPosted: Sun August 04, 2013 2:06 pm 
Broken Tamborine

durdencommatyler wrote:

Your commitment is inspiring, friend.
Wait, isn't writing your job? Get back to work and stop posting on message boards! Or I'm going to start posting all the horrible copy I had to edit that faculty with doctoral degrees sent me. Because that's my job.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 12:44 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Dscans wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Your commitment is inspiring, friend.
Wait, isn't writing your job? Get back to work and stop posting on message boards! Or I'm going to start posting all the horrible copy I had to edit that faculty with doctoral degrees sent me. Because that's my job.

Pffffft! My job, as in the thing that pays me, is working in a box office. And I'm laid off right now. I wish my job was writing. Maybe someday....

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 12:44 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

But on that note, I finished the first draft of my novel.

PostPosted: Fri August 09, 2013 4:09 pm 
Future Drummer

durdencommatyler wrote:
But on that note, I finished the first draft of my novel.

Finally worked out how I want a particular scene to end this morning as I was waking up. Now I'm just I'm just trying to keep it playing in my head since I have had zero downtime to actually write it out, though I did jot some notes; looking forward to the work day ending.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Release