Switch to full style
Post your original writing, poetry, music, photos or other artistic creations here.
Post a reply

New video from my kid - Sam the Astronaut - Boy Meets Girl

Tue June 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Kid is back from nearly six months of travel and back at it. Here's a lyric video to the song he's most proud of. There's a few more songs to come from this project. A big change from his punk band days.

Sam the Astronaut - Boy Meets Girl (lyric video - original - not a drum cover)

Sticky Fingers - Dreamland

Angels & Airwaves - Do It For Me Now

One Republic - Counting Stars

Kanye West - Black Skinhead
Last edited by surfndestroy on Tue April 28, 2015 4:26 am, edited 7 times in total.

Re: Drum covers from my kid - Black Skinhead, Counting Stars

Sat June 28, 2014 4:32 pm

That dude is having fuck :censored: ing FUN

Re: Drum covers from my kid - Black Skinhead, Counting Stars

Sun July 06, 2014 8:11 pm

here's a drum cover of Bastille's Bad Blood. I think my kid added a lot to the song and has made it better.

New song from my kid - Sam the Astronaut - Boy Meets Girl

Fri January 09, 2015 10:35 pm

Finally some original music from my kid. This is from a school project, there's at least one more track coming. They settled on calling themselves Sam the Astronaut and this song is Bot Meets Girl. Very poppy but lots going on to hide some of the pop. He's really proud of the song and I of him. Sorry I don't know how to just embed the music track.

http://www.littledrummerboy.ca/blog/2015/1/7/reference-for-jj-bean-speakers

and a drum cover I'm not wild about.

Re: New song from my kid - Sam the Astronaut - Boy Meets Gir

Sat January 10, 2015 1:31 am

I enjoyed the Kanye cover but I'm not hearing any bleed from his kit. Is it miked at all in that video?

Re: New song from my kid - Sam the Astronaut - Boy Meets Gir

Sat January 10, 2015 6:58 pm

zeb wrote:I enjoyed the Kanye cover but I'm not hearing any bleed from his kit. Is it miked at all in that video?
Yes, his kit is fully mic'ed but when the filming is done he's no longer recording. If I understand correctly, he first records his drums in the studio. His buddy normally films him at the end of the recording session but only for video purposes, not audio. He then edits and mixes the drums. I know he uses plug-ins for some of the drum sound, and in this case his kick drum was triggering some synth. He then mixes his drums on top of the original song. Finally edits the video to the final song mix.

Re: New video from my kid - Sam the Astronaut - Boy Meets Gi

Tue April 28, 2015 4:50 am

Sam the Astronaut - Boy Meets Girl (lyric video - original - not a drum cover)
Post a reply