Switch to full style
Post your original writing, poetry, music, photos or other artistic creations here.
Post a reply

Re: Strat Noodles

Sun April 03, 2022 12:00 am

I liked this one, strat

Sun April 03, 2022 12:03 am

Thanks fella. Just learning how the drum software works and found a nice little groove ! Had a lot of fun today. Then stole nature footage and made a video for it !

Sun April 03, 2022 12:04 am

So the drum software is new for you? You did a nice job with it on this track

Sun April 03, 2022 12:10 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:So the drum software is new for you? You did a nice job with it on this track

Yea I know the stuff is there in garage band but never really utilized it before. A little foreign to me. Doesn’t seem like I can really edit it to my exact needs. I’m sure there is a way. This worked great though. Came up with a little rhythm last week and recorded on my phone to remember.

Was messing with garage band this morning and through in that drum software and the light went off !

It worked.

Sun April 03, 2022 6:01 pm

Sent it to a buddy of mine who laid down some bass and keys. Updated link

Mon April 04, 2022 2:37 am

sex on legs

Mon April 04, 2022 3:08 am

evenslow wrote:sex on legs

I do NOT recommend googling "Sex on legs gif"

Nothing funny out there!

Mon April 04, 2022 7:15 pm

sounds cool

what kind of guitar are you playing?

Mon April 04, 2022 7:29 pm

tree_ wrote:sounds cool

what kind of guitar are you playing?

My 52 Reissue butterscotch blonde tele.

Mon April 04, 2022 7:30 pm

oh cool.. though i was really hoping you just would've responded with "strat"

Mon April 04, 2022 7:35 pm

tree_ wrote:oh cool.. though i was really hoping you just would've responded with "strat"

Me and the strat aren't getting along lately.

Fri April 15, 2022 3:33 am

where are the pasta recipes?

Re: Strat Tunes

Sun April 23, 2023 2:18 am

Well, whatever.

In my RM Absence I committed to writing/recording an album with my old band/singer. We are doing everything "virtually" from afar so its been a lot of fun learning the process and sending tracks back and forth. Unfortunately the rest of the guys do not have the equipment to record in this way, so its just me and him.

Long story short: I thank Trag big time for holding my hand and teaching me how to utilize garageband/logic in recording, mixing, and mastering. I know very little but learning slowly.

Right now me and my singer are writing tunes from afar, ill record in garageband and utilize the AI drummer and do my best to make them sound more live/legit. Ill mix them up with my limited knowledge and we'll sit on them for now. When we are done writing/recording, we are sending it off to a producer (He's an old pj friend and put out a few films/documentaries/compilations with some of the PJ guys) for him to actually mix/master like a professional. Hopefully by September we are all done and will put it on streaming services.

Mostly its just been a joy writing and recording music again. Finally figuring out the technology has allowed me to get all these riffs and ideas that have been banging around my head for 15 years. It's fun as hell and im kind of obsessed with the entire process.

I get such a kick out of going down a rabbit hole on how to EQ instruments whether it be the guitars, drums, or vocals.

Anywho. For anyone interested, here are a couple tracks that are "done" on our end. Mixed mastered yada yada with my limited shitty knowledge.

and a couple of instrumentals im excited about:

Sun April 23, 2023 3:01 am

Sounds awesome. Can you tell us a little more about AI drums? Do you still have to plot out the basic drumbeat?

Sun April 23, 2023 3:02 am

Strat wrote:I get such a kick out of going down a rabbit hole on how to EQ instruments whether it be the guitars, drums, or vocals.

Bass: Am I a joke to you?

Sun April 23, 2023 3:09 am

Ello Sailor wrote:
Strat wrote:I get such a kick out of going down a rabbit hole on how to EQ instruments whether it be the guitars, drums, or vocals.

Bass: Am I a joke to you?

Lol. and bass!! But that is a guitar so....

Im a shit bass player but can do enough to service the songs

Sun April 23, 2023 3:13 am

Ello Sailor wrote:Sounds awesome. Can you tell us a little more about AI drums? Do you still have to plot out the basic drumbeat?

So, the process is as follows:

Strat has a riff, strat works it out in his head, then the guitar, then decides to record. Strat decides the tempo and sets the metronome. I hit record and play in time. I play the riff a few times. I stop and edit the riff properly in time and drag it across the entire spectrum.

I then input a drummer track. It plays along automatically. From there i can choose between all the different types of drummers (Rock, funk, songwriter, pop, whatever). In logic i can swap out snares, kicks, cymbals, hi hats, I can add push and pull, i can add ghost notes, i can add fills etc...

So, i painstakingly go through that until i feel okay about it. Add different parts, write the chorus, bridge, add solos etc etc. Its actually kind of a miracle the AI drummer works as it does. Ill then spend hours trying to get them to sound like a real drummer by adding reverb, compression, distortion, overheads, etc etc....

Unfortunately, its all we have right now. I've reached out to a couple of drummers to see if they would be up for bringing us to the finish line but if not....im okay with it. Not trying to win any awards here.

Sun April 23, 2023 3:17 am

Strat wrote:I then input a drummer track. It plays along automatically.

That's basically what I was wondering. Unreal. Yeah, I can see that being a ton of fun.

Sun April 23, 2023 3:22 am

Ello Sailor wrote:
Strat wrote:I then input a drummer track. It plays along automatically.

That's basically what I was wondering. Unreal. Yeah, I can see that being a ton of fun.

Fun and maddening.

However, as i work through these songs that i write i can sense becoming an ego maniac. The thought of asking a friend to actually record drums for us i can feel myself struggling to give up that control. I can literally make the drums do anything I want (98% of the time) so why have some boner fuck my song up you know?

As if ive earned that right :haha:

Sun April 23, 2023 3:27 am

You're Billy Corgan now. Embrace it.
Post a reply