The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Release




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Strat Music - Don't worry, I'm not singing
PostPosted: Sun September 30, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
you do you, boo

I have no other choice


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Music - Don't worry, I'm not singing
PostPosted: Sun September 30, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
I do love that billie jean jam though. Oh baby.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Music - Don't worry, I'm not singing
PostPosted: Sun September 30, 2018 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64332
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
you do you, boo

I have no other choice

when is she coming back?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Music - Don't worry, I'm not singing
PostPosted: Sun September 30, 2018 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
you do you, boo

I have no other choice

when is she coming back?

October 15th or so?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Music - Don't worry, I'm not singing
PostPosted: Sun September 30, 2018 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64332
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
you do you, boo

I have no other choice

when is she coming back?

October 15th or so?

yikes, that's a long time! I've only been home two days since September 12, so I feel your pain. I go home again on Wednesday for a week, and I can't wait.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Music - Don't worry, I'm not singing
PostPosted: Sun September 30, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
you do you, boo

I have no other choice

when is she coming back?

October 15th or so?

yikes, that's a long time! I've only been home two days since September 12, so I feel your pain. I go home again on Wednesday for a week, and I can't wait.

So far so good though! Yesterday was productive. Today im a little bored cause i didnt go on a hike. Oh well. Its sunday.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Music - Don't worry, I'm not singing
PostPosted: Sun September 30, 2018 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64332
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
you do you, boo

I have no other choice

when is she coming back?

October 15th or so?

yikes, that's a long time! I've only been home two days since September 12, so I feel your pain. I go home again on Wednesday for a week, and I can't wait.

So far so good though! Yesterday was productive. Today im a little bored cause i didnt go on a hike. Oh well. Its sunday.

Also, I haven't had a day off since September 12. I need some of that yoga you are always talking about.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Music - Don't worry, I'm not singing
PostPosted: Sun September 30, 2018 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
you do you, boo

I have no other choice

when is she coming back?

October 15th or so?

yikes, that's a long time! I've only been home two days since September 12, so I feel your pain. I go home again on Wednesday for a week, and I can't wait.

So far so good though! Yesterday was productive. Today im a little bored cause i didnt go on a hike. Oh well. Its sunday.

Also, I haven't had a day off since September 12. I need some of that yoga you are always talking about.

It feels pretty good. I need some too after my friday workout! Feel free to put on the previously mentioned tunes as you do it :mrgreen:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Sun October 14, 2018 5:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
One of my favorite Ryan Adams tracks. Got depressed one day and spent all of my negative energy putting into piecing this shit together.

Im actually proud of it. What a fun song to play.

https://soundcloud.com/bdahlen21/magick


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains


https://vimeo.com/327969062




Well, little passion project i've been doing with my wonderful girlfriend. Yoga and music. Yea, i know not many yoga folks around here but ....its like our own little Single Video Theory.

Also, nothing worse than looking at myself and hearing my talk.


Last edited by Strat on Wed May 06, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 9:08 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 39749
Location: Buenos Aires
That's really cool. You play solo, yes? But the pieces in the video all have a rhythm guitar part as well as a lead part. Do you use a loop pedal or something?

Also does your girlfriend have an Irish accent?

_________________
About Mickey Mouse, Anders wrote:
He's a loyal and true friend, and has daredevil guts and determination. He's doesn't hold back when faced with autority, and is unpredictable in his actions.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
theplatypus wrote:
That's really cool. You play solo, yes? But the pieces in the video all have a rhythm guitar part as well as a lead part. Do you use a loop pedal or something?

Also does your girlfriend have an Irish accent?

My girlfriend is Scottish!

yea, i use the TC electronic ditto looper to both record and play live. Its a perfect little pedal for such a thing!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 9:14 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 39749
Location: Buenos Aires
Stop yelling at me

_________________
About Mickey Mouse, Anders wrote:
He's a loyal and true friend, and has daredevil guts and determination. He's doesn't hold back when faced with autority, and is unpredictable in his actions.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
You're right im sorry.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Thu April 11, 2019 11:29 pm 
Online
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 39749
Location: Buenos Aires
Also do you play "Billie Jean" at one point in that video?!

_________________
About Mickey Mouse, Anders wrote:
He's a loyal and true friend, and has daredevil guts and determination. He's doesn't hold back when faced with autority, and is unpredictable in his actions.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Fri April 12, 2019 12:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
theplatypus wrote:
Also do you play "Billie Jean" at one point in that video?!

I do. Worked up a little version of it. Slow down the bass line, loop the melodic line over it and fire away.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Fri April 12, 2019 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
here:

https://soundcloud.com/bdahlen21/billie ... _18-430-pm


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Sat April 13, 2019 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 2473
Strat wrote:
One of my favorite Ryan Adams tracks. Got depressed one day and spent all of my negative energy putting into piecing this shit together.

Im actually proud of it. What a fun song to play.

https://soundcloud.com/bdahlen21/magick

you monster


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Wed April 17, 2019 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
bart wrote:
Strat wrote:
One of my favorite Ryan Adams tracks. Got depressed one day and spent all of my negative energy putting into piecing this shit together.

Im actually proud of it. What a fun song to play.

https://soundcloud.com/bdahlen21/magick

you monster

lol. shit this is awkward now


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Strat Noodles
PostPosted: Sun February 23, 2020 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43822
Location: Mountains
Kind of proud of this one. People seemed to enjoy it at the beginning of class and also for meditation. I like how pretty it is and i slowly build it with layers and strat noodles over the 7 minutes.

What a strange thing i've gotten myself into



Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Release


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon October 19, 2020 3:33 pm