Switch to full style
Post your original writing, poetry, music, photos or other artistic creations here.
Post a reply

Re: Mac's nude pix

Sun May 28, 2017 8:59 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Got it, this makes sense. Do you export individual items from a given sitting in sketch up, and then treat that as a separate layer in Photoshop? For example, if you have a kitchen scene, do you export just a refrigerator from sketch up? Or do you just take a 2-D image of the entire scene and then just magic wand that shit?

Sometimes I'll export bits and pieces out separately if I'm not sure about something or if things really need to be exact, but usually I'll export it all together and use the lasso tool to cut stuff out or something if I need to.

For the comic I wanted a painterly look so I traced over it by hand and used the lasso tool to color over everything so it has a wobbly, organic look (none of the lines are perfectly straight in the final). The simpler the model the better usually. If I get too detailed with it in 3d, that just makes it harder to paint over. I'd rather do the details later in Photoshop.

But with concept work I'm not that precious with it. I'll fidget with it in 3D for awhile then slap some rough color or texture over it in Photoshop and call it done.

that will be 1000$ please.

*per credit

Wed July 05, 2017 10:43 pm

Burt I got your promo email today, but I'm still not entirely clear: Are these new episodes that you're releasing digitally going to be combined into the second Scurry book?

Wed July 05, 2017 10:46 pm

yeah. The first book was that way, too.

Tue August 29, 2017 4:09 pm

nm
Last edited by BurtReynolds on Mon August 15, 2022 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue August 29, 2017 6:14 pm

Hell yeah! You know I'm in. :thumbsup:

Tue August 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Nice Moose!

Tue August 29, 2017 7:24 pm

I think I will buy both books, but only if I can get my thank-you in the book to read "theplatypus from RM".

Tue August 29, 2017 7:38 pm

I can manage that. Hopefully I can personalize them before they send them out this time.

Thu August 31, 2017 12:00 am

And I still want mine signed, "Mark."

Sat March 03, 2018 2:53 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:I can manage that. Hopefully I can personalize them before they send them out this time.

Survey responded to. Get personalizing!

Sat March 03, 2018 4:06 pm

CopperTom wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:I can manage that. Hopefully I can personalize them before they send them out this time.

Survey responded to. Get personalizing!

Hopefully you realize Chris B. is me and you remember to write ruddo

Sun March 11, 2018 7:15 am

When I started out on this thing, I arrogantly decided to ignore all the usual rules perfected by Disney and others about anthropomorphising the animals. I thought maybe I could reinvent the wheel, but it was kind of a silly waste of time.

I find myself slowly giving in and subtly changing the art style so I don't have to waste time trying to figure out how to make a mouse look scared/confused/angry in a new way. I originally didn't want to use eyelashes, eyebrows, and a few other things to express emotion. I've been subtly adding them in the second book.

The only thing I've resisted is adding the white of eyes. It makes things difficult sometimes, but I really don't like the idea of mice with eye whites.

Sun March 11, 2018 7:33 pm

You are doing the Lord's work, Burt

Sun March 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Exclusive preview of Scurry 3 character model

Sun March 11, 2018 8:14 pm

AL

Sun March 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Don't AL that, Ruddo!

Sun March 11, 2018 8:24 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:Don't AL that, Ruddo!

Sometimes it's fun to encourage Jorge

Thu March 29, 2018 12:27 pm

I'm just printing each page when I get the notification on social media. Order: cancelled

Fri June 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Are your lighting effects done by hand or do you use a plug-in?

Photoshop's built-in lighting effects are freakin' terrible, so I know you don't use those.

Fri June 01, 2018 8:26 pm

run2death wrote:Are your lighting effects done by hand or do you use a plug-in?

Photoshop's built-in lighting effects are freakin' terrible, so I know you don't use those.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but I mostly paint them by hand I guess. I use a lot of screen/multiply/overlay layers and tweak the colors with adjustment layers, though.

There are a few little Photoshop tricks I use here and there, but usually they look bad without painting over them afterwords.

The color on my monitors is crap, so I almost always have to change them once I look at them on my phone or another computer.
Post a reply