Switch to full style
Post your original writing, poetry, music, photos or other artistic creations here.
Post a reply

Re: Anyone can play guitar

Wed May 26, 2021 3:21 am

I do not

Wed May 26, 2021 3:23 am

Anyone can play guitar

Sat May 29, 2021 9:21 pm

when i first picked up a guitar someone taught me 3/4 time by pointing out the start of small town from live on 2 legs. 1,2,3,4,2,3...
I pretty much still hear eddie vedder's voice whenever i play a song in that time. is there any sort of trick like that with songs in 5 or 7?

Sat May 29, 2021 9:23 pm

Bammer wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:How's your playing going, Bam? Did you just pretend to pick up guitar so you'd feel less emasculated when wifey says you can't play your drums?

I guess as well as you’d expect for a 40 year old who plays just about every night for four months for like 20-30 minutes per night

what do you play on? i've only played on acoustic guitars, i've always wondered if using an electric guitar would make learning easier.

Sat May 29, 2021 9:51 pm

Acoustic is always going to be more difficult because of the need to press harder on the fretboard. If you switched to electric I think you'd find yourself gliding all over that thing.

Sat May 29, 2021 10:23 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:Acoustic is always going to be more difficult because of the need to press harder on the fretboard. If you switched to electric I think you'd find yourself gliding all over that thing.

Co-signed. Buying an acoustic first set me back nearly 2 years in getting serious about learning to play

Sun May 30, 2021 3:25 am

I mean, it's still transferrable. Like how Ament talks about playing his 8 string (paired) bass and then returning to his 4 and it feeling like a toy because it was so much easier to handle. I don't think playing acoustic is a setback, it's just a little tougher on the hands and fingers.

Sun May 30, 2021 4:26 am

Set back as in I gave up because it wasn’t fun. Electric is way more fun then when you start to get the hang of it, acoustic becomes fun.

Sun May 30, 2021 5:37 am

YOU GOTTA WAIT TIL, FAT BOY
FAT BOY
WAIT TIL TOMORROWWWW

Sun May 30, 2021 4:51 pm

*frat boy

Mon May 31, 2021 12:36 am

:thumbsup:

i'm gonna try to get one by the end of the summer. i've played long enough i can usually hear simple melodies/chord progressions and play them, but i've literally had 2 guitars in the 15 years i've been teaching myself and both are acoustic.

Mon May 31, 2021 12:58 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:*frat boy

I laughed.

Mon May 31, 2021 1:01 am

Get a black telecaster with maple neck.

Mon May 31, 2021 8:01 pm

No get an alvarez classical like me

Mon May 31, 2021 8:23 pm

No get yourself an early 90s washburn and let it rust out over two decades like me

Mon May 31, 2021 8:33 pm

You're both horrible ambassadors for learning to play guitar.

Mon May 31, 2021 10:54 pm

That's not true. This thread is a hot topic and I brought it to life.

Tue June 01, 2021 12:39 am

what does mike mccready play? whats the cheapest comparison? thats what i'm getting

Tue June 01, 2021 12:51 am

washing machine wrote:That's not true. This thread is a hot topic and I brought it to life.

You could pluck a ton of posts from the gearhead thread, merge them here, and they would make sense and pre-date you.

Fri June 04, 2021 9:38 pm

Guys. I am learning Daughter right now. It is in a different tuning. Not sure if you all knew that or not. It's quite easy once tuned correctly.
Post a reply