The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whitey McMusic
PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 8:38 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

good stuff!

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 8:43 pm 
Technical Overlord

Don Juan Dracula brought the pain.

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 11:06 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

LetMeSleep wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
That I am sir, why do you ask?

I am too. And there is another. But I won't spoil that discovery for you.

Could it be Thejambi?

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 11:09 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Whitey McTeeth wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
I hear you man. It's been way too long. We could start a band, all wee need is a bass player. We could be called 'Whitey and the Crackpots'. :lol:

You think I'd be an easy sell in your homeland?

Probably not, but only because most of the commercial music here is completely untalented rubbish. You have talent and skill, which instantly over qualifies you. You'll have to settle for local pub venues, where the real great artists perform.

What's the music scene like where you are?

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 11:13 pm 
Technical Overlord

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Whitey McTeeth wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
I hear you man. It's been way too long. We could start a band, all wee need is a bass player. We could be called 'Whitey and the Crackpots'. :lol:

You think I'd be an easy sell in your homeland?

Probably not, but only because most of the commercial music here is completely untalented rubbish. You have talent and skill, which instantly over qualifies you. You'll have to settle for local pub venues, where the real great artists perform.

What's the music scene like where you are?

The same...What makes it depressing, is how this place isn't even a large area, and the music scene is more business than art. You get to your large cities, it's even worse. I've contemplated throwing the towel in a few times.

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 11:40 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Whitey McTeeth wrote:
The same...What makes it depressing, is how this place isn't even a large area, and the music scene is more business than art. You get to your large cities, it's even worse. I've contemplated throwing the towel in a few times.

I hear you, man. It really gets to me sometimes. I'm not a great drummer/musician myself, I just play for the enjoyment and not for fame :lol: - but I've played with, and seen many talented people that go unrecognised. Yet there are "famous" artists that can't even perform well at all live, because they need their autotune and studio magic to sound any good.

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 11:43 pm 
Posting (live)

I too miss playing live but I gave up my band. :(

Too many people now need to be told what to enjoy. This is the difference between a cultural city like Melbourne and somewhere like Sydney (to use an Australian comparison).

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 12:02 am 
Technical Overlord

Fellas, the states has those same problems. We should start a band of disenfranchised musicians.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 12:06 am 
Posting (live)

Except Drumgasm II featuring LMS, Sgt and
Spoiler: show
WtoB?
maybe too awesome.

PostPosted: Fri August 02, 2013 11:42 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Mr McTeeth, I'm not really a big fan of the "solo" youtube stuff, the full-on rockin' "band" stuff is a lot better, in my opinion. Really good stuff that seems to play to your strengths a lot more.

Now wasn't that some helpful criticism.

PostPosted: Fri August 02, 2013 11:46 pm 
Technical Overlord

Raziel wrote:
Mr McTeeth, I'm not really a big fan of the "solo" youtube stuff, the full-on rockin' "band" stuff is a lot better, in my opinion. Really good stuff that seems to play to your strengths a lot more.
Thanks guy, I agree actually. I can never capture my voice as good as it sounds live. The full band thing is how I'd hope to sound if I had other musicians playing. I'm glad you enjoyed it though.
Now wasn't that some helpful criticism.

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2013 2:54 am 
Technical Overlord

So I have a show this Saturday for the first time in 2 years. It's happening in the middle of a big local event called "Musikfest". I'm having my good friend on bass, and a drummer on hand drums. I'm really looking forward to playing some of these songs posted in this thread live.

PostPosted: Tue August 06, 2013 3:10 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Whitey McTeeth wrote:
So I have a show this Saturday for the first time in 2 years. It's happening in the middle of a big local event called "Musikfest". I'm having my good friend on bass, and a drummer on hand drums. I'm really looking forward to playing some of these songs posted in this thread live.

:hooray: Good stuff, man. Break a leg and all that, you'll do great. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the live stuff.

I've gotta work on finishing my matter teleporter, so I can just simply travel a bagillion miles in an instant to go see things like this in person.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2013 2:41 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

How did the show go Whitey?

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2013 2:55 am 
Technical Overlord

Terrible...I got a sore throught two days before, and lost my voice in mid set completely. I'm at an all time musical low right now. Nobody showed up either. I'm bout ready to throw in the musical towel.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2013 3:13 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

If I was in your area of the world, I would've shown up. I would've started a mosh, got my manboobs out and held up as many lighters as possible during your power ballads. It would've rocked.

That really sucks, man. But you know now that the next show will only be better, right? I'm sure that many legendary artists had some terrible gigs in their early days too. Setbacks suck balls, and can be disheartening. But the real measure of a spirit is not how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up again.

Don't give up, man. I believe in you.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2013 3:51 am 
Technical Overlord

I really appreciate the kind words, but after years of frustration, I have a lot of thinking to do. I'm not business savy, and I don't know if I really have the goods to make a living doing it. No one knows who I am, and I would of built some sort of following by now if I had a chance.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2013 3:54 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Fuck you, Whitey. You can't give up. I enjoy your stuff and my fantasy of a McT and McP collaboration still hasn't been fulfilled.*

Spoiler: show
*I'm undecided on whether the sexual overtones of this sentence were intentional.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2013 3:59 am 
Technical Overlord

I'm never that guy to just give up, but the frustration of trying to get people to like my music really boiled over. I tried really hard on the last batch of songs, hoping it would be listened to. If the songs were that good, it would have translated to music fans. They did not. I'm sorry to be a downer, I'm just at a really low point right now.

PostPosted: Thu August 15, 2013 7:35 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

I'm a fan of your music

Some of your songs are fantastic.

Some of your songs I only wish that I had written them myself

everything is relative though and so the downer bit you feel I can't really speak to.

but goshdarnit.....your writing, singing, and playing is what you're supposed to be doing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Release